College Baseball - Transfer Portal Tracker

I figured I might start one of these as it was useful during the craziness of the basketball off-season transfer extravaganza. We had our own casualty today. Feel free to post anything you see that could be of note.

@TheMookieMonster . . . thanks for getting this started. I believe this will be an interesting topic especially after the MLB Draft next month; @TN_gal captured CTV's statements regarding the increased talent pool this year due to the reduced draft numbers last year AND reduced number of minor league teams.

Many college kids may decide to stick around another year if they are not drafted into the big money rounds, 1 and to some degree 2, which may also affect high school kids who may not hit these slots and choose to go to college. This in turn may cause quite a bit of roster churn as kids look for playing time with different programs.

To date, I think we have picked up a pitcher from Mizzo . . . The next few months will be interesting to say the least!

GBO

@TheMookieMonster . . . thanks for getting this started. I believe this will be an interesting topic especially after the MLB Draft next month; @TN_gal captured CTV's statements regarding the increased talent pool this year due to the reduced draft numbers last year AND reduced number of minor league teams.

Many college kids may decide to stick around another year if they are not drafted into the big money rounds, 1 and to some degree 2, which may also affect high school kids who may not hit these slots and choose to go to college. This in turn may cause quite a bit of roster churn as kids look for playing time with different programs.

To date, I think we have picked up a pitcher from Mizzo . . . The next few months will be interesting to say the least!

GBO

There are so many moving parts with the added immediate eligibility of transfers. This will be fascinating to watch.

Reactions: BigDave
Per CBS Sports

Athletes in fall/winter sports like, football and basketball, would face a May 1 deadline to enter the transfer portal. Spring athletes would have a July 1 deadline in order to gain immediate eligibility

This is true. This year, however, the legislation was passed late, so I believe all sports have a deadline of July 1.

This year’s game threads got me hooked on the ⚾️ Vols. Thanks to all for the game threads.
Not to get on a tangent, but what are our expectations next season since we don’t know our roster as we do w other sports?

This year’s game threads got me hooked on the ⚾️ Vols. Thanks to all for the game threads.
Not to get on a tangent, but what are our expectations next season since we don’t know our roster as we do w other sports?

we are losing a lot of valuable pieces to the 2021 team. We have a lot of good players coming back and coming into the program with limited experience, how they respond to SEC play is going to be a crapshoot. We will be good for sure, but how good is to be determined.

I don't think that the baseball team will have as many players go to the transfer portal as the football team did.

Tennessee players currently in the transfer portal:

Brayden Osborne
Caden Elliot
Connor Housley

I just checked the roster on UTSports.com, apparently it hasn't been updated in several days - CRK is listed . . . Osborne isn't listed but Elliot and Housley remain on the roster. Did Osborne enter the portal prior to the CWS? Just wondering out loud . . .

GBO

Osborne was in portal in January/February. Cade entered a couple of weeks ago after regular season was over and Connor in last couple of days.

I just checked the roster on UTSports.com, apparently it hasn't been updated in several days - CRK is listed . . . Osborne isn't listed but Elliot and Housley remain on the roster. Did Osborne enter the portal prior to the CWS? Just wondering out loud . . .

GBO

You'll find the roster probably won't be updated again till the day the season starts. At least it's been that way in the past. I do wish they'd update it for the Fall series the team plays, that way we could keep up with the new guys during that time.

Reactions: BigDave
I don’t know how I missed this earlier today, bummed about Housely.

Not sure if you have other ties to him, but from a player standpoint he wasn’t going to see the field much with what we have returning and what we’re bringing in. Can’t blame kids for wanting to see the field more. I hope he lands some place he can play.

Not sure if you have other ties to him, but from a player standpoint he wasn’t going to see the field much with what we have returning and what we’re bringing in. Can’t blame kids for wanting to see the field more. I hope he lands some place he can play.

No ties at all, just needed to find his control, he had the velo, didn’t get a lot of opportunities.

Reactions: VolnJC and BigDave

VN Store

Back