Cole Cubelic....best SEC coaching staff is Tennessee

Tennesssee always has the best coaches, just not the best players?
Sounds about right for the last decade or more, doesn't it?

Only dumb fans have said TN has had the besg coaches. Or the village idiot Botch Jones. We have never seen anyone outside of TN claim this about our coaching staff.

Reactions: butchna
So
I say this with love. Well, with tolerance. Well, maybe not.

STFU. :)

So, we have an athletic director, now, who we paid millions upon millions of dollars to coach. Who, by the end of his tenure, had run the program into the ground.

Then, in a desperate measure to save her job, an in over her head Chancellor who should never been in her position, made him interim AD and then agreed to pay him millions more to be permanent AD! Then add into the fact his interview during the O&W game coupled with him trying to be in the lime light again and coach!

Bone headed decisions like that is why our program is in the shape it is in!

That’s the verbal majority you’re in. So, thank you for backing this decade long doldrum!

Fulmer will never, ever, let that go! He is ALWAYS going to be meddling and ALWAYS be in front of the camera!

He doesn't realize that he essentially backed into the AD position much like the last two SECCG he coached in. Just watching and listening to him, he actually believes he is getting back at those who were behind his firing as coach.

Doug Dickey never did act like that.
Fullmer bleeds orange

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
So

So, we have an athletic director, now, who we paid millions upon millions of dollars to coach. Who, by the end of his tenure, had run the program into the ground.

Then, in a desperate measure to save her job, an in over her head Chancellor who should never been in her position, made him interim AD and then agreed to pay him millions more to be permanent AD! Then add into the fact his interview during the O&W game coupled with him trying to be in the lime light again and coach!

That’s the verbal majority you’re in. So, thank you for backing this decade long doldrum!
Thank YOU...for making all of us change our opinions. 😴

Fulmer will never, ever, let that go! He is ALWAYS going to be meddling and ALWAYS be in front of the camera!

He doesn't realize that he essentially backed into the AD position much like the last two SECCG he coached in. Just watching and listening to him, he actually believes he is getting back at those who were behind his firing as coach.

Complete craziness

So

BS. The bone headed decisions that crashed the Tennessee football program were the ones to hire business oriented ADs rather than ex-football coaches as AD. Look at the history; UT's best ADs were all coaches. The worst were blithering idiots from business and sports management who didn't have a clue how to select a football coach. Job number one (really the only important one) for an AD is to know football coaches, what makes a good one, and how to hire and keep a good one at UT because the football program is the one thing that keeps the rest of the athletic program running, A winning football program solves almost all athletic problems ... especially income. The Title IX and other liberal problems are simply in a class of their own ... nobody's gonna fix that one.

So

Fulmer didn't drive us into the ground....that was a kiffin/Hamilton masterpiece

Reactions: VFL-82-JP and AM64

giphy.gif

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Tennesssee always has the best coaches, just not the best players?
Sounds about right for the last decade or more, doesn't it?
Meh. UT fans just always think we have the best staff because it's the only staff they focus on. I think only Kiffin's 1 year staff rivals the current one, from the past decade.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
So

Completely asinine. Surely you don’t mean this.

So

Attachments

• 2541915B-547A-44CD-AC25-46E141D8D23F.gif
    2541915B-547A-44CD-AC25-46E141D8D23F.gif
    10.9 KB · Views: 1
Gonna need all the coaching we can get. According to Phil Steele, our "groups" are averaging about 50-55 best in the country. Our best group is the linebackers at 12-14 best in the country.Expecting us to be at bottom of the SEC again this year.
Our linebackers scored higher than our receivers, which is supposed to be our strength, this season? And higher than our cb's? Granted, they are young. But, they are playmakers. Taylor and Thompson?

So

CPF did get fat, and lazy. Especially with recruiting, hanging onto Randy too long(Loyalty), and some bad coordinator hires. But, I think Mike Hamilton shares an equal or larger part of the blame. The next two AD's, and the subsequent coaches they hired, just drove the nail in the rest of the way in.
There is a demand, in the media, for Phil. He's an SEC ICON. NCAA Hall of Famer. etc. Of course he is going to get air-time. So he's going to be out there, supporting his coaches, in every program. I'd say it is part of his job. People want to hear from him. They want to see how excited and enthusiastic he feels, about the direction of the football program. At least I do. Am I alone on this?

BTW, that loyalty to Randy Sanders, is exactly why I feel he will give Pruitt the time he needs. I think he likes Jeremy. But, I also believe he learned a hard lesson, by being sticking by Randy for too long. Also, he is very aware of how rapid and repeated coaching changes can destroy the continuity of a growing program.

Our linebackers scored higher than our receivers, which is supposed to be our strength, this season? And higher than our cb's? Granted, they are young. But, they are playmakers. Taylor and Thompson?

People keep forgetting that defense is the key in football. If you can't score, you can't win; and the defense can score (at least the rules permit that for now). The unfortunate part is that the NCAA keeps making rule changes that benefit the offense and hamstring the defense ... I guess they just can't pass on the bright flashy stuff.

CPF did get fat, and lazy. Especially with recruiting, hanging onto Randy too long(Loyalty), and some bad coordinator hires. But, I think Mike Hamilton shares an equal or larger part of the blame. The next two AD's, and the subsequent coaches they hired, just drove the nail in the rest of the way in.
There is a demand, in the media, for Phil. He's an SEC ICON. NCAA Hall of Famer. etc. Of course he is going to get air-time. So he's going to be out there, supporting his coaches, in every program. I'd say it is part of his job. People want to hear from him. They want to see how excited and enthusiastic he feels, about the direction of the football program. At least I do. Am I alone on this?

BTW, that loyalty to Randy Sanders, is exactly why I feel he will give Pruitt the time he needs. I think he likes Jeremy. But, I also believe he learned a hard lesson, by being sticking by Randy for too long. Also, he is very aware of how rapid and repeated coaching changes can destroy the continuity of a growing program.

The only disagreement I have is that I still believe that the Albert Means debacle had a lot to do with Fulmer's recruiting "decline". He pointed out the mess to the NCAA, and programs other than just AL suffered. One can only imagine the negative recruiting he faced as a result. The NCAA should either find a way to keep reporting of fouls completely secret or never implement rules that they cannot enforce and investigate ... it has taken the FBI to uncover basketball corruption that the NCAA should have uncovered.

Haha. Like anyone knows this.

Dickey didn’t care about anything other than football, and Fulmer has now stepped up and paid our basketball and baseball coaches.

Oh yea, he didn’t back into the AD position. The guy before him was terrible, and Fulmer provided stability. Terrible take.

Reactions: AM64
The only disagreement I have is that I still believe that the Albert Means debacle had a lot to do with Fulmer's recruiting "decline". He pointed out the mess to the NCAA, and programs other than just AL suffered. One can only imagine the negative recruiting he faced as a result. The NCAA should either find a way to keep reporting of fouls completely secret or never implement rules that they cannot enforce and investigate ... it has taken the FBI to uncover basketball corruption that the NCAA should have uncovered.
The Albert Means mess was a bad situation. I'd have to agree. That did pissed off a number of people, in high places.

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back