Cole Cubelic....best SEC coaching staff is Tennessee

I honestly don't know for sure if we have the right people in place, but at least there is HOPE now. With the previous hires, I had no doubt early on we were in trouble.

On an unrelated note, anybody else at work today and plan on doing nothing? Because this guy isn't doing sheeeeeet today lol. Happy Fourth!

I'm thrilled with this staff, and with Phil being AD. It's pretty impressive on paper and Im really excited to see the results on the field. We deserve it being the best staff in America.

I'm wrapping 5lbs of 26-30 shrimp with bacon and that's about it for me today too.

Who is this “Tee” you speak of? Agreed, and I suspect he’s the OC in training. The right staff is in place.
Tea Mar-in.

Could be, but I hope we've won the SEC and appeared in the playoffs before that happens.

Reactions: CA_Vol
Ain't a damn thang wrong with feelz. You should get in touch with yours.

Actually the feelz is the main reason I'm as excited about Tee as I am.

Well reading through all of this is a bit confusing! We love the staff, but they ain't ish...here! Fulmer is a legend who has backed into everything he's accomplished....or so some say.

Reactions: Behr
Well reading through all of this is a bit confusing! We love the staff, but they ain't ish...here! Fulmer is a legend who has backed into everything he's accomplished....or so some say.

Lol, I understand. But that last one there about Phil backing in...that's a gator troll and doesn't count.

Happy 4th tomorrow in case we dont bump into each other. I plan on staying in the AC most of the day, with the exception of using the grill. It's no hotter than normal, but as I get older I just can't tolerate it like I used to. Especially if I ain't gotta.

Fulmer will never, ever, let that go! He is ALWAYS going to be meddling and ALWAYS be in front of the camera!

He doesn't realize that he essentially backed into the AD position much like the last two SECCG he coached in. Just watching and listening to him, he actually believes he is getting back at those who were behind his firing as coach.

Doug Dickey never did act like that.
And how do you know this? There was about 5% of the available media coverage then as compared to now. Heck, ESPN was only one network at the time.

Let’s see. How to summarize the view from the PNW:

1. Fulmer is doing a good job as AD. I think he got a bit played by Barnes but didn’t have a lot of options. He has supported Pruitt so far in largely solid coaching hires.

2. Pruitt’s staff is an absolute, no doubt upgrade over Lyle’s. Best in the SEC? Not sure yet.

3. Pruitt himself is a work in progress. I doubt he will fail in the spectacular manner of our previous 3 coaches, but not I’m not yet convinced he is the coach to return us to a top tier SEC program.

4. Cautious optimism about this season. I hope for 7 wins, the four OOC plus Vandy, UK, and (MSU or USC). 7 wins and hard play in losses (with no blowouts) would fill me with great optimism about Pruitt and the future.

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
Fulmer will never, ever, let that go! He is ALWAYS going to be meddling and ALWAYS be in front of the camera!

He doesn't realize that he essentially backed into the AD position much like the last two SECCG he coached in. Just watching and listening to him, he actually believes he is getting back at those who were behind his firing as coach.

is that you Johnny...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!

Let it go Johnny.

Reactions: KBVol
Pruitt has put together a solid staff. We will see what the results are in a few months.

But the best in the SEC? Let me ask this, if we could trade Pruitt and Company for Saban and Company, staff for staff, what would you do? It would take me about 1/10000th of a second to say HELL YEAH!!!!!

Actually I wouldn’t.

If your sole purpose is to live in someone else’s shoes and not make your own way you shouldn’t be in the coaching profession. I think with time Tennessee will be just fine. The assistant coaches they have in place aren’t even on the same level as the past aside from Oline in my opinion to this point. We’re in for a real surprise I believe with Chaney and his understanding of both offense and QB abilities.

The staff seems legit, several good names with good history. But it seems difficult to have “the best coaching staff in the SEC” when the head coach is completely unproven, still inexperienced and his first season was below average.
He was defining it on pedigree, past performances, past success and current recruiting ability. It’s clearly a subjective opinion, but the case can be made when looking at individual coaches. The key word here is “staff” and how they jell and with together. We’ll see.

Reactions: Jaws

Still mad that Fulmer stole your prom date, eh. We understand, sometimes that takes a while to get over....

The staff is unquestionably better this year but a couple weak links still exist in my opinion. Friend is one.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Lol, I understand. But that last one there about Phil backing in...that's a gator troll and doesn't count.

Happy 4th tomorrow in case we dont bump into each other. I plan on staying in the AC most of the day, with the exception of using the grill. It's no hotter than normal, but as I get older I just can't tolerate it like I used to. Especially if I ain't gotta.
Happy 4th to you, as well. No plans for tomorrow but a little grilling. Nothing too exciting. Agree about the heat and humidity.

Reactions: Behr
Actually I wouldn’t.

If your sole purpose is to live in someone else’s shoes and not make your own way you shouldn’t be in the coaching profession. I think with time Tennessee will be just fine. The assistant coaches they have in place aren’t even on the same level as the past aside from Oline in my opinion to this point. We’re in for a real surprise I believe with Chaney and his understanding of both offense and QB abilities.

I agree the staff is in every way an upgrade over Lyle's. As you note, Friend is the glaring potential exception, but I'm willing to give the guy a break since he started with little material to work with, and a OL S&C culture that sucked.

As I said, I just want to win the 4 OOC games, pick up 3 SEC wins from the likes of Vandy/UK/USC/MSU, play hard in all games, and make a halfway decent bowl. I think that sets Pruitt/Nieds/etc for great success on the recruiting front.

That said, to continue the hypothetical - if the opportunity ever came around to hire Saban, I'd be in favor of any buyout needed to make that happen.

Exactly what I think.

He’s trying his best to get all sports at Tennessee to a peak level. Saying he backed his way into the position is just silly. He’s the guy the university needs right now. He’s pumped new life into the AD and is a true ambassador. He’s not being bought by the fat cats at the top and hopefully keeps the politics out of the AD for the foreseeable future

source.gif

tenor.gif

tumblr_oto92e8YgQ1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

funny-gif-nobody-got-time-for-that.gif

Just a question to add to this discussion......With both at their best, Who would you prefer as OC --- Chaney or Cutcliffe.
Who would you prefer as DC --- Pruitt or Chavis
I'd take Cutcliffe. Great at the mental coaching of his QBs

Just a question to add to this discussion......With both at their best, Who would you prefer as OC --- Chaney or Cutcliffe.
Who would you prefer as DC --- Pruitt or Chavis
I'd take Cutcliffe. Great at the mental coaching of his QBs

I’ll take Chaney. He got to the NC game with a freshman a couple yrs ago and, hopefully, he wouldn’t bail on us again going into the NC game.

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back