Cody Brown in transfer portal

210 ypg on the ground, one of the top 25 rushing offenses. Half the point of the aggressive downfield passing is to empty the box for bigger chunks of rushing yards. UCF attempted 444 runs and 415 passes last year.
Exactly. Heupel’s offenses have finished in the top 25 in the country in rushing every year he’s been there.

It't not 50/50 balanced, but it's more balanced than most think. The vertical passing game keeps defenses from loading the box and opens up the run game. Gray would have been deadly in this style of offense with his ability to slash and catch balls out of the backfield.

The problem you have here , in the SEC is that most teams in the league are not afraid to man cover . The front 4 for the the top tier of the league can control the line of scrimmage with no help , negating any advantage that could be created in the secondary. The next level down can control with front 4 + 1 . I don't see this offense somehow revolutionizing football in the SEC. Its going to comeback to match up football , meaning the QB is going to have to identify the favorable match up pre-snap and execute. Most of the running plays you see at Central take far too long to develop and allow too much backside pressure for all but a couple of the SEC teams we face. What he did at Mizzou worked wonders against weak defenses but fizzled badly against decent to good defenses ...and that was with great offensive athletes. So I am not as confident as many on here seem to be. I hope I am wrong

The problem you have here , in the SEC is that most teams in the league are not afraid to man cover . The front 4 for the the top tier of the league can control the line of scrimmage with no help , negating any advantage that could be created in the secondary. The next level down can control with front 4 + 1 . I don't see this offense somehow revolutionizing football in the SEC. Its going to comeback to match up football , meaning the QB is going to have to identify the favorable match up pre-snap and execute. Most of the running plays you see at Central take far too long to develop and allow too much backside pressure for all but a couple of the SEC teams we face. What he did at Mizzou worked wonders against weak defenses but fizzled badly against decent to good defenses ...and that was with great offensive athletes. So I am not as confident as many on here seem to be. I hope I am wrong
I agree, it'll def be a work in progress. Gotta be better than what we've seen the last 4 years. JG didn't scare anyone and the rbs ran into 7 man fronts consistsntly. Bailey is just mobile enough to move the pocket some and has the arm to stretch the field. It has to help the run game. IF he gets beat out by Salter or Hooker then maybe we'll be blessed with 2 or 3yrs of Dobbs 2.0.

Probably already stated as I feel like it's pretty obvious.. but we have decent depth at that position still. And honestly Wright with his speed probably has a better chance to flourish in the fast pace spread offense more so than Cody. Cody is a thick downhill runner with limited top end speed. Tiyon/Tee/Beckwith all should be capable to fill in for tough short yardage plays. Biggest hit without question to this position was losing Gray. Honestly, wish Chandler was still here too.

Probably already stated as I feel like it's pretty obvious.. but we have decent depth at that position still. And honestly Wright with his speed probably has a better chance to flourish in the fast pace spread offense more so than Cody. Cody is a thick downhill runner with limited top end speed. Tiyon/Tee/Beckwith all should be capable to fill in for tough short yardage plays. Biggest hit without question to this position was losing Gray. Honestly, wish Chandler was still here too.

Didn't Small play some at rb??

What the heck is up with these players Pruitt recruited? Bunch of quitters. Were they oblivious to the fact that Pruitt was really struggling? Doesn't sound like they committed to Tennessee for all of the right reasons. There's no guarantee the coaches who recruited you are going to be there for your entire college career. They dont know what commitment is! Later quitter, go ride the pine at georgia or wherever!

Money has been cut out, they going where the money is for them.

We need a ceremony where Coach rips the power T off of their uniform and helmet and then make them take „the walk of shame” past their erstwhile abandoned team mates if you ask me 😉

Reactions: Border Vol
He avg'd 200 yard/game in a spread offense in HS. What makes you believe he would not be a good fit for the offense? I don't understand this train of thought.

I think he will be a good back, but we need players committed to UT, not just a coach. Maybe that is why we have played with very little intensity. I wish him luck because everyone should do what they think is best for them.

Reactions: MadWorld
I think he will be a good back, but we need players committed to UT, not just a coach. Maybe that is why we have played with very little intensity. I wish him luck because everyone should do what they think is best for them.
Maybe that is the problem with America these days. Everyone doing “what they think is best for them.” I understand though that it is easy for me to say that when I am not making decisions with seven digit implications

VN Store

Back