Cody Brown in transfer portal

So, if he got out of his NLI, that means we get the spot back. It also means we can't give him restrictions on where he can sign.

It literally becomes like he never signed with us. So with Brown and Dylan Brooks, we get two spots back that we can fill and backcount for this class as long as the players come in this spring or summer.

I'd look for our staff to look at the transfer market heavy to try to get some players in. Hopefully Big Kat is one of them.

Not saying this isnt a loss to the signing class, but if you watch YouTube videos of CJH's RBs the last few years, they're all blazers---guys that squirm through the gaps in the zone running game and bust long runs or take it to the house. I didnt notice any bangers.

I've complained extensively about not having a CB7 type the last few years in our offense, now I'm thinking it's ok to not have one.

#yesivegonecrazy

Last edited:
If he's transferring, it sounds like we were unwilling to release him from his NLI... do we lose a scholly because of that?
Not sure if anyone has already said this, but we did release him from his NLI, as he clarified in another tweet.

Honestly ..there were concerns with guy anyway about speed .. power he is good .. looking at backs from Heipel offenses ..they are more quick and shifty ..I think they were just honest with the kid about it and said hey if you want to move on we will release you .. knowing he didnt exactly fit the style .. he could be a good back more of a power lineup and smash offense .. thats is not Heipel offense

Not a good fit for this offense. Might be a guy who'd make a good LB. Oh well, best of luck to him. Frees up roster space for transfers. Suspect we will need all the slots we can get for defensive help.
You think he can play LINEBACKER????😯

If you want to be drafted high in the NFL as a RB, you need to be really good at catching passes out of the backfield.

He could learn that in spades with CJH.

You can see evidence with Najee Harris this year. Exponentially increased his draft stock by working on his pass catching.

NFL RBs that get paid nowadays are dual threats: McCaffrey, Kamara, Barkley, Bell, etc.
One dimensional power RBs that dominate like Chubb and Henry are outliers now. All the rest are a dime a dozen.

It's in his best interest (assuming he wants to make it to the NFL) to learn to be a dynamic threat.

Reactions: CornFlake
Not saying this isnt a loss to the signing class, but if you watch YouTube videos of CJH's RBs the last few years, they're all blazers---guys that squirm through the gaps in the zone running game and bust long runs or take it to the house. I didnt notice any bangers.

I've complained extensively about not having a CB7 type the last few years in our offense, now I'm thinking it's ok to not have one.

#yesivegonecrazy
Until it's 3rd and 1

No problem. If he doesn’t want to be here, deuces big dawg.

I totally agree. Furthermore, the coaching staff did not jerk this guy around like you sometimes hear about. We will lose this kid but because of the way we handled it our program has a much better look moving forward. Other recruits will take note.

Reactions: CornFlake
I totally agree. Furthermore, the coaching staff did not jerk this guy around like you sometimes hear about. We will lose this kid but because of the way we handled it our program has a much better look moving forward. Other recruits will take note.

Truth.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back