Coaching

Rough outing for Coach today. Hope it's not a sign of things to come. Why do you stay man to man and let LSU shoot layups all day? Anybody have an answer?????
I was beyond ticked at the coaching today. Zone should have been played, that stubbornness is what cost Holly her job. You have to adapt to your opponents.

I hope Kellie is not going to prove to be as intransigent as Holly was when it comes to making the necessary adjustments.

Reactions: kayman1
I hope Kellie is not going to prove to be as intransigent as Holly was when it comes to making the necessary adjustments.

She has already proven she will accept change by not mass subbing, so I don't think she will pull a CHW,,,however, I do think it wise to use a timeout to shake things up is necessary to prevent lulls.

Rough outing for Coach today. Hope it's not a sign of things to come. Why do you stay man to man and let LSU shoot layups all day? Anybody have an answer?????

We didn’t stay man to man. We ended up playing a lot of zone in the middle stretch there. We had to come back out of it because it was killing us on the boards.

This game is validating my theory that we over prepared for Arkansas during our time off. I don’t buy that we just came out and played like that then perform like this against a BAD LSU team

I liked that we played Key and KK together. And we rebounded well. Those were positives.

Pretty much everything else was a negative (oh that's right - we won). Pointer just took us off the dribble again and scored. We stumbled around, were a step slow, lost way too many 50-50 balls, and made lazy passes. Stilted. Often passive.

It's as if LSU watched our Arkansas game tape and thought "damn we'd better bust a gut if we're gonna compete." We were Lady Vol Basketball that night. You all saw it too....

She has already proven she will accept change by not mass subbing, so I don't think she will pull a CHW,,,however, I do think it wise to use a timeout to shake things up is necessary to prevent lulls.

I said the same thing about timeouts during a scoring drought, but she saved them and took needed late timeouts at 28 And 37 seconds. In this close game, it seemed to make sense that timeouts at the end might be really valuable. So in the end, I thought she did it spot on

23538549-7F2D-46B1-ABA6-C207BAD0B661.gif
They stayed in this defense too long....

Should have run slide feet, stay in front, and rotate help early instead.

Zone wasn't needed. Proper help defense was needed. On one play late in the game KK and TK were guarding LSU post players 17 feet from the basket. Now maybe they know something I don't but I wasn't aware that LSUs post players were sharp shots from behind the arch. RB was caught one time on the backside of the play guarding no one. Execute proper rotation and she prevents or steals the dump off that became an easy layup. Many other examples in the second half.

I hope we were a bit slow due to jelly legs from an exhausting game 2 days before. This kind of defense cannot become a trend.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
One step forward, two steps back...
A loss would be 2 steps back, the ladies pulled this one out on the road after a big win. Last year this is a game we lost. Maybe not a full step forward for some fans but definitely improvement compared to the past several years. It will take awhile to be a contender for anything, I will settle for relevance right now.

Now that’s the Lady Vols team I’m used to seeing. Not sure what that team was that played Arkansas.
This is just college basketball..... boys team experienced the same thing...... beat Missouri..... came out flat against Bama..... the main difference is we get to learn from it with a victory.

whats wrong with these girls theres no emotion in this game except for horsted key is worried to much about her hair to play defense they are playing like little girls not like college women.
She does worry about that hair!!!!

Speaking of Coaching, does anyone know what Warlick is up to? I remember reading an article in December 2019 stating she wanted to get back into coaching. Haven’t heard anything since though.

We played quite a bit of zone in this game in the second half. We played a lot better on defense in the second half. They were able to stay in it in the second half because of turnovers which they were scoring off of. Plus LSU scored 63 points in the game we gave up 73 to Arkansas so which game did we play the better defense. I thought most fans would be happy with just giving up 63 points guess not. The fact we were off offensively was more a factor than our defensive effort.

Reactions: MDLadyVol

VN Store

Back