Coaching change advisory committee.

I’ve read a number of articles through the years about how these searches go. One of the most interesting searches that I’ve read about was when Urban Meyer was hired by Florida and how much weight his conversations with then Head Coach Billy Donovan had on his decision to ultimately take the Florida job. I can’t help but think having someone like Rick Barnes could be a real asset when it comes time to hire a quality football coach.

When Fulmer was fired, the women’s basketball coach should have picked his successor. We wouldn’t be in this mess if that had happened.

If the decision is made by the administration and money folks to change, I’d like to see an “unofficial“ three person committee help Fulmer with the search.
My first choice is Freeze.
But let’s assume he isn’t possible because of his baggage.

Id like these three former Vol players and smart businessmen that LOVE UT to recommend a coach:
Manning
McKenzie
Charles Davis
Love your idea

Whenever UT hires it's next head football coach, Fulmer should have absolutely nothing to do with the hire.

They will have to fire Fulmer to get a new head coach.

Fulmer never gives in and there is no way that UT would pull the trigger on Pruitt's buyout.

Reactions: BSAvol
Fulmer will always stand by his man just like Randy Sanders???

But if we could have a redo Kiffen would be my #1 pick.

We were always told that Crompton could not cut the mustard, but Kiffen made him great in one year.

58% 2800 yards 27 TDs 13 INTs is great??? You have very low standards when it comes to great.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
O-tay

You win!!
200.gif

Reactions: Cobb-Webb 1989
If the decision is made by the administration and money folks to change, I’d like to see an “unofficial“ three person committee help Fulmer with the search.

Id like these three former Vol players and smart businessmen that LOVE UT to recommend a coach:
Manning
McKenzie
Charles Davis

Give another year. Might as well.

Manning
McKenzie
Charles Davis

You might be on to something here

Give another year. Might as well.

Yeah,

But, Weinke is a must fire in my view.

Can't believe that Pruitt will not play for the long haul, by moving Bailey in as our starting qb?

If JG comes back next year and starts, Bailey will transfer in a heartbeat.

I'd let Bailey know that he's the starter asap.

Yeah,

But, Weinke is a must fire in my view.

Can't believe that Pruitt will not play for the long haul, by moving Bailey in as our starting qb?

If JG comes back next year and starts, Bailey will transfer in a heartbeat.

I'd let Bailey know that he's the starter asap.

Pruitt isn’t concerned about Bailey transferring. After last weeks presser I’m starting to think he knows that he won’t be here past Baileys sophomore year anyway.

Reactions: LittleVol
The assumption that boosters pay the buyouts here at Tennessee is a myth. Yes it has happened at other universities but Tennessee boosters have never paid buyouts so why would they star now.

Reactions: 508mikey

Manning
McKenzie
Charles Davis
Manning is a Jimmy Haslam stooge.
Partial NFL team ownership is Manning's goal.
Rich as he is, even with his family money, he doesn't stomp in that weed patch.
He is hitched to the Haslam wagon.
Recommend a coach?
Might as well ask Jimmy.

Manning endorsed shimano, just as he was told.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rickyvol77

VN Store

Back