Coaching change advisory committee.

If the decision is made by the administration and money folks to change, I’d like to see an “unofficial“ three person committee help Fulmer with the search.
My first choice is Freeze.
But let’s assume he isn’t possible because of his baggage.

Id like these three former Vol players and smart businessmen that LOVE UT to recommend a coach:
Manning
McKenzie
Charles Davis

This is not going to happen, CJP is ENTERING his 3rd year, there is not a coach worth his weight that is going to come in here with all the drama.......

I’ve read a number of articles through the years about how these searches go. One of the most interesting searches that I’ve read about was when Urban Meyer was hired by Florida and how much weight his conversations with then Head Coach Billy Donovan had on his decision to ultimately take the Florida job. I can’t help but think having someone like Rick Barnes could be a real asset when it comes time to hire a quality football coach.

Barnes: Hummmmm help with finding a football coach.. That ball is not round is it???:rolleyes:

Honestly I don’t want a coaching committee. I would prefer if they are going to make a change, they reach out to perspective coaches first and gauge interest. Have a plan for their main guy and two backup options prior to getting rid of Pruitt. We need a coaching change and announcement that lasts less than a week. I honestly don’t see it happening this year.

If the decision is made by the administration and money folks to change, I’d like to see an “unofficial“ three person committee help Fulmer with the search.

Id like these three former Vol players and smart businessmen that LOVE UT to recommend a coach:
Manning
McKenzie
Charles Davis
Why do we care about someone loving UT? What ties did Saban have to Bama? We simply need to hire a proven winner, period. Make Urban Meyer so no to $10-$12M a year. You at least know you fired your shot, move down the list from there.

Has any P5 program hired as many unsuccessful coaches in a row as we have and then become championship caliber again?

Manning
McKenzie
Charles Davis
I’d rather it be comprised of:
Jackson
Grant
Franklin
6DBE8C22-40F4-444D-AF4A-BA567C725B12.jpeg
GBO!!

Whenever UT hires it's next head football coach, Fulmer should have absolutely nothing to do with the hire.
Agree
However, the great new administration that is so committed to elevating football back to competitive level, gave Fulmer an extension and we have him for three more years
I know as much about AD as Fulmer does
For a program with the resources and "long ago brand" to have this level person as AD is simply ridiculous. Total incompetence of school administration makes talking about who quaterbacks this week as an important decision for program overall just forum chatter.

Reactions: BSAvol

Manning
McKenzie
Charles Davis
What the hell does Peyton know about recommending head coaches? He’ll stick us with Adam Gase!

VN Store

Back