Coaches Hot Seat Watcher

I think he will be gone from Clemson within the next few years he might go to Alabama,Florida or Texas A&M.
Unless he figures out the modern realities of transfer portal and NIL, let him come.

Dabo to aTm would be interesting. They could definitely write the check he could not refuse.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
Louisville feels like a program in decline. If they couldn’t get Brohm last time their job was open, I don’t see how they’re going to change his mind now, especially with all the recent administration turmoil. I think he will stay at Purdue.

8-4 is the ceiling at Purdue most years

Pretty close. Epically with USC and UCLA along with probably the likes of Oregon and others coming to the B1G soon. That's a tough road for anyone not names Ohio State or Michigan.

Louisville feels like a program in decline. If they couldn’t get Brohm last time their job was open, I don’t see how they’re going to change his mind now, especially with all the recent administration turmoil. I think he will stay at Purdue.

I don't see it either but UofL wants to get back to winning and they'll need to make a splash hire. Louisville fans are fed up that schools like Cincy has passed them up and with Satterfield going to Cincy they're pissed. Factor that in with their proud hoops team is currently 0-8 and they need a home run hire to save UofL athletics right now.

Pretty close. Epically with USC and UCLA along with probably the likes of Oregon and others coming to the B1G soon. That's a tough road for anyone not names Ohio State or Michigan.

I don't see it either but UofL wants to get back to winning and they'll need to make a splash hire. Louisville fans are fed up that schools like Cincy has passed them up and with Satterfield going to Cincy they're pissed. Factor that in with their proud hoops team is currently 0-8 and they need a home run hire to save UofL athletics right now.
Louisville athletically is returning to what they were prior to Howard Schellenberger in 1987 except Women's basketball is the only decent thing right now.

Louisville athletically is returning to what they were prior to Howard Schellenberger in 1987 except Women's basketball is the only decent thing right now.

I think there baseball and softball teams are pretty good but the program is definatley heading in the wrong direction FAST.

Wow, I didn't realize they were 0-8. I haven't paid much attention to basketball yet. Lost their first 3 games by 1 also...just brutal.

Rumors of Purdue head coach Jeff Brohm leaving for his alma mater resurfaced Monday morning after Louisville head coach Scott Satterfield reportedly accepted the head coaching position at Cincinnati.

Athletic Director Mike Bobinski joined Brohm in a Monday morning press conference to address the Boilers’ upcoming bowl game against LSU, but the press conference had an additional subject thrown into the mix.

"We recognize that the world is in motion around us. We all know that,” Bobinski said in his opening statement. “That’s not today’s focus of conversation. Our purpose today is to talk about our team, our upcoming bowl game. We're fully aware what's happening elsewhere, but that's what’s happening elsewhere, not what’s happening here."

Brohm said that there has been no contact between him and Louisville yet, and said that he found out through social media that the Cardinal head coaching job was open.

“I found out on Twitter what was going on in the college world,” he said. “Other than that, I don’t know more information.”

ESPN’s Pete Thamel reported that Satterfield was expected to become the new head coach of Cincinnati in a tweet sent out around 8 a.m.

The last time the Louisville job came open, in 2018, Brohm was offered the job but ultimately turned it down in favor of sticking with Purdue. Brohm, then in his second year as head coach of the Boilermakers, cited the timing of the potential move, The Exponent previously reported.

“After intense and thorough discussion, I believe it is important to finish the building process we have begun and honor the commitment I made to our football program, players and recruits,” Brohm said at the time. “While going home was very appealing and meaningful to me, the timing was not ideal. I believe that remaining at Purdue is the right thing to do, and I am excited for the challenges ahead.”

Four years later, Brohm once again has led Purdue to back-to-back bowl games, this time adding a Big Ten Championship appearance as well.

Brohm has several familial connections to Louisville. In addition to him playing quarterback for the Cardinals, both Brian Brohm, Purdue’s quarterback coach and co-offensive coordinator, and Greg Brohm, Purdue football’s director of operations, also played at Louisville. All three brothers attended and played football at Trinity High School in Louisville where their dad, Oscar Brohm, was head coach.

Reactions: Volprofch05
Dabo is nowhere near remotely near the hot seat but should seriously reconsider his stubbornness re: NIL and the portal.
The older veteran coaches like Dabo and Nick Saban aren't comfortable at all with NIL. I have the feeling Nick Saban will retire following the Sugar Bowl and Dabo will keep on keeping on with less appearances in the Playoffs however.

The older veteran coaches like Dabo and Nick Saban aren't comfortable at all with NIL. I have the feeling Nick Saban will retire following the Sugar Bowl and Dabo will keep on keeping on with less appearances in the Playoffs however.

Saban has been paying players for years, who the hell needs the NIL

If Saban isn't comfortable with it, he does a fairly good job at hiding it and definitely seems to be willing to adapt to it. About the first chance he got, he bragged about the deals Bryce Young had been able to sign. He's not retiring after the Sugar Bowl.

Dabo, meanwhile, has bitched and moaned about NIL from the start, and even said several years ago he'd quit if college players got paid. Clemson was also 1 of 2 FBS schools to have taken no players from the portal this year. Clemson's competitors are taking players from the portal to plug holes in their roster, and guys are going to leave Clemson via the portal. If Dabo doesn't get on board with it, even if he doesn't like it, it will chip away at his program.

If Saban isn't comfortable with it, he does a fairly good job at hiding it and definitely seems to be willing to adapt to it. About the first chance he got, he bragged about the deals Bryce Young had been able to sign. He's not retiring after the Sugar Bowl.

Dabo, meanwhile, has bitched and moaned about NIL from the start, and even said several years ago he'd quit if college players got paid. Clemson was also 1 of 2 FBS schools to have taken no players from the portal this year. Clemson's competitors are taking players from the portal to plug holes in their roster, and guys are going to leave Clemson via the portal. If Dabo doesn't get on board with it, even if he doesn't like it, it will chip away at his program.
Pre-portal Dabo did as good of a job as anyone of building a culture and convincing kids to bide their time and stick around. It’s amazing how he has (and has had) 5* kids in their 5th year. It’ll be interesting to see if the culture is strong enough to maintain that and keep kids around.

Pre-portal Dabo did as good of a job as anyone of building a culture and convincing kids to bide their time and stick around. It’s amazing how he has (and has had) 5* kids in their 5th year. It’ll be interesting to see if the culture is strong enough to maintain that and keep kids around.
Not just players, but also coaches. Venables was his DC for 10 years; Elliott was OC or a co-OC for 7. Both of those guys are gone too, as is his longtime AD (who didn't hire Dabo, but was there for 9 years). You can have a great culture, but every team is going to have guys leave via the portal. It's a fact of life now.

I think he's at a real inflection point in his tenure where if he doesn't start to make some adjustments, he could slowly decline kind of like Fulmer did. He's not remotely near the hot seat, but if I was a Clemson fan I'd be concerned that Dabo is unable or unwilling to adapt to some of the recent changes in the sport.

VN Store

Back