Coaches Hot Seat Watcher

Jeff Monken & go back to the triple option
If they go back to the option hire Ken Niumatalolo since he's a goner at Navy after the Army game in December. Ken Niumatalolo was a disciple of Paul Johnson when he was at Navy. I don't think the guys in charge at Georgia Tech want another option offense Head Coach however. GT will be hiring a new AD and he will be doing the hiring of the new Head Football Coach.

Last edited:
Jeff Monken & go back to the triple option

Trust me brother, there are better odds of Tennessee firing Heupel tomorrow and re-installing Pruitt as the HC.

GT is done with the triple option. Probably forever. Donations to the AD were in the toilet.

I think GT talks to Deion Sanders,Jamie Chadwell and Tennessee OC Alex Golesh but they will have to hire an Athletic Director first.

I know quite a bit about the situation at Tech, but I have absolutely no clue what direction they will go in terms of specific names.

As you said, the first step is going to be hiring an AD. Seeing as it's basically in the middle of football season, any AD worth his salt is probably not gonna be talking right now.

I can tell you with 100% conviction though that Tech will not hire any coach who has a specific "gimmick" vital to their scheme. Trust me, this will be guaranteed in the AD interviews.

Deion would probably run away as soon as he saw the admissions requirements. It's a tough situation there, but the triple option bullet already missed the target in a big way.

I know quite a bit about the situation at Tech, but I have absolutely no clue what direction they will go in terms of specific names.

As you said, the first step is going to be hiring an AD. Seeing as it's basically in the middle of football season, any AD worth his salt is probably not gonna be talking right now.

I can tell you with 100% conviction though that Tech will not hire any coach who has a specific "gimmick" vital to their scheme. Trust me, this will be guaranteed in the AD interviews.

Deion would probably run away as soon as he saw the admissions requirements. It's a tough situation there, but the triple option bullet already missed the target in a big way.
I wonder if they will go beyond hiring a head coach that you have to look up on Wikipedia? I think Uncle Lou was right on about the Upper Ups running Georgia Tech that they don't care about the football program at all. I wouldn't be shocked if GT dropped down to FCS or ended their football program in the next 10 years. I think this next hire of an AD and Head Football Coach will show how much they actually care about the football program at Georgia Tech. I think Geoff Collins should have been fired in December 2021.

I wonder if they will go beyond hiring a head coach that you have to look up on Wikipedia? I think Uncle Lou was right on about the Upper Ups running Georgia Tech that they don't care about the football program at all. I wouldn't be shocked if GT dropped down to FCS or ended their football program in the next 10 years. I think this next hire of an AD and Head Football Coach will show how much they actually care about the football program at Georgia Tech. I think Geoff Collins should have been fired in December 2021.

Unless Lou is a dog humping Georgia lover. Trust me, we as Vols hate Georgia but GT hates them with an absolute passion. Only school I can think of with an insult to another school in their school song

They're not stepping down. Pick one of 100 different reasons and they would be accurate. Location, history, pride, but least of all cold hard $$$$.

They will end up with Scotty McGoogle. Eventually, they will stumble upon one who will make the respectable again. He will get hired away by a big dog. Lather, rinse, repeat. The only thing that matters now is the $$$$$. That's life as a "lesser" P5 school but it's reality in 2022.

Reactions: tbh and Jeff Clark
Unless Lou is a dog humping Georgia lover. Trust me, we as Vols hate Georgia but GT hates them with an absolute passion. Only school I can think of with an insult to another school in their school song

They're not stepping down. Pick one of 100 different reasons and they would be accurate. Location, history, pride, but least of all cold hard $$$$.

They will end up with Scotty McGoogle. Eventually, they will stumble upon one who will make the respectable again. He will get hired away by a big dog. Lather, rinse, repeat. The only thing that matters now is the $$$$$. That's life as a "lesser" P5 school but it's reality in 2022.
Excellent points,Stolitonic

The Guy who runs the Coaches Hotseat Website is falling down on the job. He still has Geoff Collins in his Top 30 Coaches Hotseat list.

There's a rumor going around that GT is going to go after Dan Mullen hard to try to hire him as the next Georgia Tech Head Football Coach. That would be a homerun hire for GT and rank right up there with the hire of Bobby Ross in 1987.

Especially if the FSU powers say, “take the ASU offer.”
And he has history of success there as an OC. FSU waiving a buyout makes it win/win…as long as he wins enough this season. 😏

And he has history of success there as an OC. FSU waiving a buyout makes it win/win…as long as he wins enough this season. 😏
Yep….
4-0 is a good start, but things are about to get much more difficult for CMN. I only see 7-8 wins for FSU……

Reactions: butchna

Both Texas and Texas A&M reference each other in their fight songs.

It is a unique kind of hate (hell, the name of the game itself is Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate) but the institutions and fan cultures are so different. Wasn't necessarily the case a long time ago, but is now.

Both Texas and Texas A&M reference each other in their fight songs.

It is a unique kind of hate (hell, the name of the game itself is Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate) but the institutions and fan cultures are so different. Wasn't necessarily the case a long time ago, but is now.
The A&M little brother complex is built into their character. A&M was created by the state to teach the subjects that the school in Austin didn't want. Thus, A&M doesn't have medical or law schools.

Recently A&M has found a way around the state by purchasing the failing law school at Texas Lutheran College in Ft Worth. TLC's law school ranks 10th out of ten law schools in Texas. Aggy has already pumped millions into the TLC law school.

Also, the Austin school was given 100% of the Public University Fund (PUF) and is required by law to share 33% of the PUF with aggy. As smaller public schools around the state began to fail financially the state asked Texas to take over those institutions but Texas balked. Basically Texas said "our university system is already large enough...let aggy do it" so A&M is now responsible for adding the failing schools to the A&M system.

Now the University of Houston is asking for state money from the PUF.

Sentiment up here is that Drink will get another year.
He gets another year if Mizzou beats Vandy and South Carolina, and looks OK against some combo of UF, UK, UT and Arky. He won't look OK against all 4, but he needs to look decent against at least a couple of them. IMO, they are really ill-equipped to look OK against UT and Arky so maybe it'll come down to UF and UK.

Mizzou is not super hard on coaches, but I was somewhat surprised when they let Odom go. I thought they'd give him another year, but they didn't.

VN Store

Back