Coaches Hot Seat Watcher

I think Alex Golesh would be a step up from Geoff Collins for Georgia Tech. Geoff Collins is another example of why you shouldn't hire a head coach off of having one good season(just like Butch Jones at Cincinnati).

Saban could have gone to GT after the Paul Johnson era and the Jackets would still be crap.

I'm about as anti-Collins as you can get, and even I admit he inherited a roster with few players capable of running a traditional offense

Getting away from the triple option is kinda like coming back from the death penalty in CFB, easier said than done.

Love the Jackets, but somebody needs to get in Golesh's ear as they are still 5 years away from being able to field a competitive team. I wouldn't mind being the guy after the guy who replaces Collins though. By then, GT should actually be able to play 21st century football.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
Saban could have gone to GT after the Paul Johnson era and the Jackets would still be crap.

I'm about as anti-Collins as you can get, and even I admit he inherited a roster with few players capable of running a traditional offense

Getting away from the triple option is kinda like coming back from the death penalty in CFB, easier said than done.

Love the Jackets, but somebody needs to get in Golesh's ear as they are still 5 years away from being able to field a competitive team. I wouldn't mind being the guy after the guy who replaces Collins though. By then, GT should actually be able to play 21st century football.
I agree Stolitonic you're right about that 100%

My Top 10 list of College Football Coaches who will be canned in December

1-Geoff Collins Georgia Tech(He may be fired before the Georgia game)
2-Brian Harsin Auburn
3-Karl Dorrell Colorado
4-Ken Niumatalolo Navy (I think he could be the next Georgia Tech head coach)
5-Scott Satterfield Louisville
6-Jeff Scott South Florida
7-Marcus Freeman Notre Dame(I think he's a goner if ND wins less than 4 games)
8-Neal Brown West Virginia
9-Mike Bloomgren Rice(hopeless situation at Rice worse than Vanderbilt)
10-Scot Loeffler Bowling Green(Should have been fired years ago)

My dad had bypass surgery in 19. Everything checks out okay now for him health wise, but it wouldn't surprise me if there is something next to come up, especially with my uncle passing last year.

His attitude has definitely changed the past couple years - negative like you say, and worrying more. He's never been like that either. I get it though, going blind, having memory issues, relying on others for help - giving up driving, etc.

I do think the constant cruising helps. They don't have to do anything but show up. He still gets to travel the world, which is very important to my mom right now.

2-Brian Harsin Auburn
3-Karl Dorrell Colorado

ND will give Freeman at least 2 years

2-Brian Harsin Auburn
3-Karl Dorrell Colorado
I cant see GTech going back to the option. That's another transition back the wrong way.

No matter what happens with West Virginia the rest of the way they can't fire Neal Brown because his buyout is 20 million dollars.

Last edited:
Reactions: BUBear
No matter what happens with West Virginia the rest of the way they can't fire Neal Brown because his buyout is 20 million dollars.
That win over VaTech probably bought him another year too. WVU was never really out of the Pitt game either.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
Coaches Hot Seat 2021

Notable Coaches:

3.) Jeff Bohm, Purdue
4.) Scott Frost, Nebraska
6.) Manny Diaz, Miami
8.) Mike Norvell, FSU
17.) Neal Brown, West Virginia
19.) Mike Leach, Mississippi State
25.) Ken Niumatalolo, Navy
26.) Justin Fuente, Virginia Tech
27.) Ed Orgeron, LSU
28.) David Cutcliffe, Duke
Add Andy Avalos to this list. Boise just lost to 1-3 UTEP as a -16.5 favorite. They finished 7-5 last year too. Not Boise's standard

If Georgia Tech can hire DeIon Sanders for their next head football coach that very well could be a game changer

Auburn will throw a ton of money at Mark Stoops after the Alabama-Auburn game
Why would he leave Kentucky where he is getting $6.35 million a year to coach at Auburn for potentially $9 million a year and get fired after 2 or 3 years if he doesn't win enough? Stoops has it made and he can coach forever with no pressure.

Why would he leave Kentucky where he is getting $6.35 million a year to coach at Auburn for potentially $9 million a year and get fired after 2 or 3 years if he doesn't win enough? Stoops has it made and he can coach forever with no pressure.
He could accomplish more at a non basketball school where he has probably hit the ceiling at Kentucky.

VN Store

Back