Coaches’ Poll, Vols #8

I am beginning to think who the heck has Alabama beaten? Texas.

Beat Texas A&M on a no call.

This is the problem with polls.

Yes they lost to Tennessee & LSU on last plays of the game. But give me a break.

They have beaten Nobody in the top 25 except for Texas.

Yeah, but on the other hand they were only beat by Michigan and Ohio State, so perception being what it is, are much better loses than ours to South Carolina.

That loss is the anchor around our neck.

With a USC loss, Ohio State goes to the playoffs and Utah vs Penn State In the Rose Bowl. USC wins, Ohio State plays Utah in the Rose Bowl and Penn State is Citrus bound. Utah is Rose Bowl bound in either scenario.

They had Penn State above TN last week - just moved everyone up 3 slots though the margin reduced from 40 to 20, which means some folks found their brain over the last week.

Penn State being ranked higher than UT eliminates any shred of credibility the coaches poll has, if it ever had any to begin with.

Reactions: OrangeBloodinTN
With a USC loss, Ohio State goes to the playoffs and Utah vs Penn State In the Rose Bowl. USC wins, Ohio State plays Utah in the Rose Bowl and Penn State is Citrus bound. Utah is Rose Bowl bound in either scenario.
Unless the CFP jumps Penn State for no reason over Tennessee then Penn State goes to the orange bowl and we get sent to the cotton bowl.

Unless the CFP jumps Penn State for no reason over Tennessee then Penn State goes to the orange bowl and we get sent to the cotton bowl.

They want the Northeast and Big Ten TV market for the Orange Bowl. No doubt about it. OR - Clemson wants to avoid us in the Orange Bowl.

You can see the high low of all the rankings. They high for Bama is #1 and the low is #11. They high for UT is #3 and the low is not ranked. I believe there might be too much politics in the rankings going on to be accurate, meaning someone could be intentionally ranking UT lower if it helps their cause in the bowl selection.

I am beginning to think who the heck has Alabama beaten? Texas.

Beat Texas A&M on a no call.

This is the problem with polls.

Yes they lost to Tennessee & LSU on last plays of the game. But give me a break.

They have beaten Nobody in the top 25 except for Texas.
No one

Attachments

• 9DE344A9-D80A-4980-8573-3962D877E5E5.jpeg
    9DE344A9-D80A-4980-8573-3962D877E5E5.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 14
Penn St will not jump Tennessee in CFP poll or AP poll. Orange takes 2nd highest sec team not in playoffs. It’s almost for sure we will be going to the Orange Bowl. Unless they find a way to put Bama in the playoff then we would go to sugar. I just don’t think Bama gets there and I would be shocked if they jumped us over Bama even though there is a strong case you can make for it. Hey let’s go win the Orange and end up in the top 5. GBO!!!!

Reactions: Godfatha
Penn State being above Tennessee is an absolute joke. I mean the coaches poll is a joke in itself but Alabama and especially penn State shouldn't be above Tennessee.
That's why I hate polls. It all boils down to politics which boils down to people's opinions.

VN Store

Back