Coach Rumph confirms in speech today!!!

I’m trying to let the recruits know that the fans don’t (and never will) accept a $hit show like we’re currently getting from this pathetic head coach. Tennessee should’ve never taken a guy just because he was one of nick sabans assistants.

Reactions: northknoxvol
Some people don't count the first one since Pruitt chose to coach at Alabama through the playoffs and Championship and got a late start to recruiting.
Very gracious of those folks.
Kind of like a former coach referring to his first year as year zero, I suppose.

And the one before this one, and the one before that one, and the one before that. Only common denominator is the players.
I think you missed the minor detail that players graduate...Hate to break it to you, but Pruitt is not playing with any Dooley recruits, just as Jones did not play with Kiffin recruits.

It's not my position to defend. So you think these highly qualified coaches haven't thought about any of what you stated and simply created co-coordinators for the sheer heck of it. They just thought it was a good idea without vetting the concept or taking experiences from other staffs that have used it. Coaching D-1 football is a pretty darn complicated thing. Surely they would do research before implementing such a concept. Don't ya think?
Our coaches clearly have done reams of brilliant research on many coaching fronts. Anyone can see that very clearly just from their stellar results.

See... that's kind of a problem. You take the resumes of these coaches and you have one of the best staffs in the country. It could be Pruitt's leadership or the decisions the staff has made... or it could be that the hole Jones dug was deeper than any of us ever imagined.

It is just difficult to understand how guys who were so successful elsewhere can look this bad.

Do you actually think a staff of this caliber could be as bad as our record? I know the staff has to provide, purpose, direction and motivation to the team, but if you have RS Jr and Sr players passed up on the depth chart that's a source of discontent. Some have left and those who stayed are stirring the pot and playing uninspired ball.

Our coaches clearly have done reams of brilliant research on many coaching fronts. Anyone can see that very clearly just from their stellar results.
Well, there why don't you explain to us all how all of a sudden these highly successful, highly regarded coaches all of a sudden became bad. Even if Pruitt turns out to be the worst head football coach in history the experience and success of the staff should make up for some of it, but according to some they have all of a sudden just turned into bad coaches! How does that happen? I'm sure with your infinite wisdom and uber super football knowledge you'll be able to tell us. Go ahead. How do coaches that by all regards are at the top of their game all of a sudden become stupid, bad, awful etc.?

I’m trying to let the recruits know that the fans don’t (and never will) accept a $hit show like we’re currently getting from this pathetic head coach. Tennessee should’ve never taken a guy just because he was one of nick sabans assistants.
Yes because your the authority and speak for us all! They should absolutely listen to you! Who exactly are you?

He lost me once he started talking about his wife's cooking and how handsome his son is. WTF are you talking about coach!? Sounded like he was just rambling incoherently......kind of like his boss after every post game presser.
Wtf do you want him to discuss? Football? Kind of a downer for Vol fans right now.

It’s funny how all these coaches which are well regarded amongst their peers and have been great at several other SEC programs just suddenly suck when they come to Tennessee.

Chaney was one of the top OCs in the conference. Rocker supposedly great position coach the knock on him was recruiting. Rumph also supposedly great position coach as well. Martin hell was co-OC at USC. Pruitt wins multiple national titles as a DC at different schools.

They get to Tennessee and suddenly they’re all dumbasses.

Reactions: FLSTF-VOL
Yes because your the authority and speak for us all! They should absolutely listen to you! Who exactly are you?

I’m a die hard fan. Pretty have been my whole life. My son and I have been to a bunch of games and bought a ton of TN gear over the years. So that pretty much makes me as important as anyone. Sorry if my opinion differs from yours. But it’d be a pretty boring world if we all agreed on everything.

Well, there why don't you explain to us all how all of a sudden these highly successful, highly regarded coaches all of a sudden became bad. Even if Pruitt turns out to be the worst head football coach in history the experience and success of the staff should make up for some of it, but according to some they have all of a sudden just turned into bad coaches! How does that happen? I'm sure with your infinite wisdom and uber super football knowledge you'll be able to tell us. Go ahead. How do coaches that by all regards are at the top of their game all of a sudden become stupid, bad, awful etc.?
'
Are you twelve years old? Because you're making every bit as much sense as the legendary Jonathan Crompton did when he uttered his immortal quote that didn't mean exactly what he thought it meant, claiming he hadn't just gotten stupid overnight.

See if you can follow along here, Sparky: Pruitt has a track record as a coordinator...which is not the same as a head coach, but actually a lower position with far different responsibilities.

Ansley has a track record as a position coach...which, again, is not the same as what he is doing now i.e. a coordinator's role.

Martin has a track record...we're not sure what his track record is, other than he won a NC here as a player, for which we're all eternally grateful; but in terms of coaching, he really doesn't have a track record, which, unfortunately, does not help your argument.

Chaney already coached at this very school once before, and was so undeniably brilliant that he willed us to five wins three years straight whereas we would have certainly been winless without him. In other words, you may have slightly embellished his immaculate track record.

Will Friend took the major upward step from the University of Georgia to Colorado State University immediately prior to being hired by us. Tracy Rocker was fired from the last two jobs he had prior to us.

Starting to see a pattern here?

You see, Sparky, it happens every now and then, as in every year, in both college and pro football, that the people that make hires get excited about this or that coach who's a coordinator and doing well, or this or that position coach who's lighting it up, and hire that coach to be their guy at the next level up, expecting that he'll just knock it out of the park just like he did at that lower level. Unfortunately, though, Sparky, in the real world, coordinators sometimes crash and burn all over the runway as head coaches, and position coaches sometimes strew wreckage in the treetops when they become coordinators. Several of us have noted this previously on this very forum in recent days, but I understand that your parents probably monitor your computer time closely such that it's difficult for you to keep up with all of the threads. It's also somewhat common for this or that school to hire a coach that just failed miserably at some other school; as a general rule, the schools that do well at football tend not to follow this path.

Rumph makes $800K a year. and he can't get the defense to line up properly in Year 2.

You may not have seen the game, but while the defense was not great, I assure you that the defense was not the reason for that loss. They had a number of good plays providing opportunities that the offense did not take advantage of. This one was definitely on the offense.

This there is a chance that might be on the players for not knowing their assignments? You are not at practice or in their meeting rooms, maybe he is giving them the proper information but they are not able to process it? Mabe the leftover players are mental and not capable of being coached
I think this is a problem for several players.... one DB in particular

If the team were getting better, even slowly, but evident to all, I'd be 100% in on CP and his boys; however, they haven't just stalled, they have gotten worse, even Stevie Wonder can see this. Every politico in the country can make a speech, we all know what they are worth (most of the time).

Pruitt told the recruits to not bother coming here if we don’t win 8 games this year....fact!
I don't know about that bit it is my understanding this class was being told a bowl game was the goal and he'd have this group ready to compete in this conference in three to four years. That's a tough sell now.

I don't have faith this staff can keep the mediocre class it has now much less pull a few more high profile recruits to make it a respectable class. Best we can do is hope Pruitt turns this around and wins one or two conference games and puts together a respectable class.

'
Are you twelve years old? Because you're making every bit as much sense as the legendary Jonathan Crompton did when he uttered his immortal quote that didn't mean exactly what he thought it meant, claiming he hadn't just gotten stupid overnight.

See if you can follow along here, Sparky: Pruitt has a track record as a coordinator...which is not the same as a head coach, but actually a lower position with far different responsibilities.

Ansley has a track record as a position coach...which, again, is not the same as what he is doing now i.e. a coordinator's role.

Martin has a track record...we're not sure what his track record is, other than he won a NC here as a player, for which we're all eternally grateful; but in terms of coaching, he really doesn't have a track record, which, unfortunately, does not help your argument.

Chaney already coached at this very school once before, and was so undeniably brilliant that he willed us to five wins three years straight whereas we would have certainly been winless without him. In other words, you may have slightly embellished his immaculate track record.

Will Friend took the major upward step from the University of Georgia to Colorado State University immediately prior to being hired by us. Tracy Rocker was fired from the last two jobs he had prior to us.

Starting to see a pattern here?

You see, Sparky, it happens every now and then, as in every year, in both college and pro football, that the people that make hires get excited about this or that coach who's a coordinator and doing well, or this or that position coach who's lighting it up, and hire that coach to be their guy at the next level up, expecting that he'll just knock it out of the park just like he did at that lower level. Unfortunately, though, Sparky, in the real world, coordinators sometimes crash and burn all over the runway as head coaches, and position coaches sometimes strew wreckage in the treetops when they become coordinators. Several of us have noted this previously on this very forum in recent days, but I understand that your parents probably monitor your computer time closely such that it's difficult for you to keep up with all of the threads. It's also somewhat common for this or that school to hire a coach that just failed miserably at some other school; as a general rule, the schools that do well at football tend not to follow this path.
Your reply is one of the most insanely idiotic replies that has ever been made on VN. At no point in your rambling incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is dumber for reading it.

Put a football team on the field that executes. You may get out talented and lose games but line up, commit few penalties, execute properly.

Rumph makes $800K a year. and he can't get the defense to line up properly in Year 2.
In Coach Rumph defense along with Ainsley this team is really young right now with the exception of recievers n db's ...look at the roster guys

Reactions: AM64
I think it's as simple as most of them had no experience in the positions they now hold. One would think we would have learned this lesson with Sunseri, or Larry Scott. It's unfathomable to me that people equate success as a position coach with success as a coordinator, or success as a coordinator with one as a HC.
Which ones are you talking about? Both coordinators have experience. I think virtually all of the assistants have experience at the position they're coaching.

VN Store

Back