Coach Rumph confirms in speech today!!!

There’s a lot of unfortunate things happening that are out of our control and a lot of uncertainty that seemingly everyone is trying to figure out. What is in our control, as a community, is how we sell this program with our words. Every word. Recruits read this board. Are we inviting them to be a part of our future or pushing them elsewhere? What’s the #1 message you want to send to our recruits?

Program starts winning, attitudes on here will change.

If a recruit can’t figure that out then IDK what to tell them. Fans wanting a competitive team and possibly making a bowl game in year two isn’t that bad.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Well, shoot! You mean they didn't hire you? I thought surely with your experience and wisdom it would have been a no brainer. Sorry. Maybe next time. Have a good one!
I read many of your posts here in the past few minutes and see that you are quite good at belittling many Volnation members with insults. Shame on you , we are all Vol fans and would like nothing better to see success on the field. You should direct your insults to the Alabama, Florida and Georgia boards. It would be more value-added.

I read many of your posts here in the past few minutes and see that you are quite good at belittling many Volnation members with insults. Shame on you , we are all Vol fans and would like nothing better to see success on the field. You should direct your insults to the Alabama, Florida and Georgia boards. It would be more value-added.
Or you could simply stop being so damn negative, along with quite a few of our fans, and realize that we will have Coach Pruit for the foreseeable future and get behind him. Since we are all Vol fans and all. Now, exactly who should redirect their attitude?

There’s a lot of unfortunate things happening that are out of our control and a lot of uncertainty that seemingly everyone is trying to figure out. What is in our control, as a community, is how we sell this program with our words. Every word. Recruits read this board. Are we inviting them to be a part of our future or pushing them elsewhere? What’s the #1 message you want to send to our recruits?
Look at the flaws we have and be the guy that’s going to fix them and return a once storied program back to prominence

If they go elsewhere if not because a person on a message board hurt their feelz.

That we are a passionate fanbase even after the down seasons of the past decade. That we will pack the stadium and rock the place when there is hope amd raise immortal hell when there seems to be little.

Anymore questions?.

So how many coaches do we gotta go through before the “oh he just needs his recruits” is just an excuse and we realize that a good coach takes what he has and wins, case and point Kiffin won 7 games with two walk ons playing offensive line. I’m also pretty sure our MLB that year was either a walk on or at the very least a 3* recruit

Yet this coach can’t take at the very least 3* recruits and beat Georgia State, keep on towing that company line though
You need some companionship....you're too uptight.

Or you could simply stop being so damn negative, along with quite a few of our fans, and realize that we will have Coach Pruit for the foreseeable future and get behind him. Since we are all Vol fans and all. Now, exactly who should redirect their attitude?
Being a Vol fan since 1985 I will post in the manner I please which generally mirrors the product displayed on the field. I do not see any upside with Pruitt remaining as HC but will be extremely happy to be wrong about the situation. I just want us to perform well enough this season to not lose the 2020 verbal commits. If we do lose the 2020 class I fear that UT football will never attain the level of success we want here at Volnation.

Reactions: zydane47
I am yet to see a coaching staff that starts complaining about social media and fan boards succeed. It seems to stem from a staff that does not know how to fix the problems so they start blaming the imaginary boogie man.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
I’m not blaming our fan base for where we are. I do think we have an influence on recruits. I hope they don’t only listen to the media and that the passion of this community is contagious, but these are teenagers and they’re influenced by opinions.
What? You think that’s ridiculous and that they should grow a pair and not worry about what we think? Take a look at this board. We’re mostly adults and still care what others think. Why do you think this board has the “thumbs up” emoticon?
But seriously, would any of you go work for a company or rent an Air B&B that had horrible reviews across the board? We can fight like a family and have different opinions, but like all families we’re a little dysfunctional, which is endearing if you’re already a part of it. But what if you’re on the outside looking in and have a choice between this program and another that’s already winning?

VN Store

Back