Coach Rick Barnes on JG

Would've been a better story if Jarrett didn't need to learn his lesson and we started 6-3 or better lol

But I guess we'll take what we can get.

We would not have won the game last weekend without his performance. That being said, the only controversy he was enduring was caused by him disobeying his coach, calling his own number and fumbling away any chance of victory. I don't know if any of that was true but that was the only controversy to me. Otherwise it was just a bad play against a good team and easily forgivable.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Does any one remember him pouting on the bench at the end of the game a few years ago?

Acted like a typical 19 year old kid who had never experienced setbacks. At least the kid does not pack it in. He fights his way back, and that is always something to praise.

JG's ceiling may not be high, but he is becoming a "solid" performer. I hope he remains with UT and has a solid season next year.

Most kids would have transferred but he stayed the course. He fought through adversity he got my respect and he deserves another crack at the starting position next season.

Reactions: FïreBall
There will be some attrition. Shrout, Maurer, or JG.. one of them will transfer out when or before Harrison Bailey gets here. If it ends up being JG, I wish him well unless he plays us. I will have good memories of him here although it has been a little rough. He has basically redeemed himself through hard work, good play, and being humble, but 10 years from now when someone says you remember JG, idk how I’ll respond or if I’ll even remember him in too much detail. A lot of good can be said about Dobbs, but I think we all know he struggled with passing and those teams underachieved in 15 and 16.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
There will be some attrition. Shrout, Maurer, or JG.. one of them will transfer out when or before Harrison Bailey gets here. If it ends up being JG, I wish him well unless he plays us. I will have good memories of him here although it has been a little rough. He has basically redeemed himself through hard work, good play, and being humble, but 10 years from now when someone says you remember JG, idk how I’ll respond or if I’ll even remember him in too much detail. A lot of good can be said about Dobbs, but I think we all know he struggled with passing and those teams underachieved in 15 and 16.
If he were to transfer to Ky, Vandy, Mizz, South Carolina, or football god forbid Alabama this board would go berserk!! I think a bunch of teams would go after him, coaches know what value Sr leadership brings to a team. I don't think anyone transfers, at least hope they don't, until we see where HB fits in. If the staff determines by March that HB is number 1 then they may all transfer other than Hill. That's why I think it'll be JG to start the year next season with HB and BM duelling it out to see who stays and who goes by the end of next year.

Reactions: Johnnyreb#VFL
Thanks for the article. Always interesting to get the perspective from other coaches.

On another note, I've been thinking about starting a new Thread about JG as there isn't much on the boards right now, maybe after the Mizzou game. Anyone have any recommendations on how to keep it from being polarizing?...🤔😳😉

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Translation of CRB: "Y'all that put down JG on here and booed him in our own stadium are pure trash. You're ignorance and personal shortcomings have been utterly exposed by the persistence and success of the very one you tried to make your scapegoat."

Pretty sure that's the accurate translation.

Thanks for the article. Always interesting to get the perspective from other coaches.

On another note, I've been thinking about starting a new Thread about JG as there isn't much on the boards right now, maybe after the Mizzou game. Anyone have any recommendations on how to keep it from being polarizing?...🤔😳😉
Yeah. Dont do it.

VN Store

Back