Coach options to fill vacancy on staff

I was curious if anyone else was as puzzled with the number of former O-lineman being mentioned as our WR coach replacement?
Don’t be surprised to see Mack slide over to Coach the receivers and Montario come in to coach up the backs.
GBO!!
It was like….who knows CJH? List them regardless. Oh this dude and that dude…..either way USA TODAY VOLSWIRE…

1645557554367.gif

It is easier for me to see Witten as a TE coach than WR coach!

They're your eyes, man. Me? I've seen former RBs coach WRs and even QBs and QBs coach WRs. Things get weird in football. Right now there's a showboating DB, Neon Deon as a head coach. People see all kinds of things. I've even seen an egg-shaped UFO chased at treetop level by an F4-C Phantom II. Yet some walking with us who saw the same thing deny they did. Eyes are funny things, man.

Seriously, I know what you mean, and it makes sense. But some ex-players are a natural fit for position coaching unrelated to their playing position. I just think Witten has the game smarts as opposed to just the position know-how, and the route running to coach elite WR-ing. But if he was hired as a TE coach, I too think he'd kill it big time.

They're your eyes, man. Me?....
Seriously, I know what you mean, and it makes sense. But some ex-players are a natural fit for position coaching unrelated to their playing position. I just think Witten has the game smarts as opposed to just the position know-how, and the route running to coach elite WR-ing. But if he was hired as a TE coach, I too think he'd kill it big time.
The truth is out there! I would not object to Witten as a coach on the staff in any capacity!
I know if I had a HS tight end ... I would want Witten teaching him the ropes ... whether he was officially on staff as a RB coach or a WR coach.
Now about that UFO ....

If I could just throw out names/guys I like. I don’t expect any of these to come to fruition.

Brennan Marion - Pitt WR Coach, from the south originally, and has experience with a similar style offense in his history. (Go-Go Offense)

Taylor Stubblefield - Penn St WR Coach, they’ve had/developed some good WRs recently. Has recruiting coordinator experience.

Billy Gonzales - Former Florida WR Coach.. has a lot of experience in SEC and recruiting ties to the south.

Montario Hardesty - VFL, RB coach at South Carolina but coached WRs for Kiffin at FAU and at Charlotte I believe.

Lonnie Galloway - UNC WR Coach, has a lot of experience and recruiting ties to the south.

Darrell Wyatt - former UCF WR Coach, has worked with Heup, but has alot of experience and developed some good WRs in Heup offense but has been at other big programs.

Javon Bouknight - WR Coach currently at Kentucky, but he was at Oregon a few years ago, and then before that was at Utah State when Heup was there. Think could be a young star rising could end up being a good recruiter.

I just hope we get a guy who can be an elite recruiter. I think we got a gem in Joey Halzle seems like he builds good relationships with QB recruits, and has good history of development. So if we can pair him with an elite WR recruiting coach who is at least solid at development.

Pee Wee Herman. Time for him to make a career change comeback. Get him a new suit, with orange bow tie, and an orange bicycle so he can lead the Vol Walk. Plenty of shouting, "I know you are, but what am I?" going on. That would be something new and exciting.

Reactions: allen phillips
Pee Wee Herman. Time for him to make a career change comeback. Get him a new suit, with orange bow tie, and an orange bicycle so he can lead the Vol Walk. Plenty of shouting, "I know you are, but what am I?" going on. That would be something new and exciting.
Just keep him out of the film room.

As part of the continued self-punishment for the previous coaching regime, the University will not hire any additional coaches. Next, they are considering the elimination of footballs from all practices and scrimmages. Danny White commented, "We will diligently continue our efforts to show the NCAA that anything they could do, we can do better."

The truth is out there! I would not object to Witten as a coach on the staff in any capacity!
I know if I had a HS tight end ... I would want Witten teaching him the ropes ... whether he was officially on staff as a RB coach or a WR coach.
Now about that UFO ....

"Former Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten has been named head football coach at Liberty Christian in Argyle, Texas.
Witten passed on several NFL and major college football opportunities as an assistant coach to opt to coach at the school his children attend. "

Reactions: SN-A-C Orange
"Former Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten has been named head football coach at Liberty Christian in Argyle, Texas.
Witten passed on several NFL and major college football opportunities as an assistant coach to opt to coach at the school his children attend. "
Good for him ... family man! Jason inspires me with his choice!

Reactions: feathersax
We got rid of Trooper Taylor years ago.

VN Store

Back