Coach options to fill vacancy on staff

Kelsey Pope would be who id guess.He already is the assistant I believe and knows the guys fairly well.Some say he's got potential and has already had ties with 2023 recruits.If u want stability he's prob ur guy.Billy Gonzalez would be the left field great hire.Hell if a recruiter and prob wouldn't mind sticking it to Florida.If Gonzales would be a good fit u have to go for it.

Montario Hardesty returning to UT would be solid.

Also, Johnson coming back from FSU would be a good move as well.

Only thing I'm unsure about either is the fit in this crazy paced scheme.
If Mo coaches and recruits like he played, I'm all in. Dude never quit and overcame multiple injuries. He was one of my favorites to ever suit up for the Vols

Jerry Rice

We won't get him because Prime Time will nab him for Jackson State, with just a finger snap. I like Witten and Wyatt. Witten because right or wrong, I just think he has the stuff to teach moves and route running that get WRs consistently open. Wyatt because he's already knowledgeable about the Heup hurry-up offense. As for which if either, is better for recruiting, I know nothing, so won't pretend I do.

We won't get him because Prime Time will nab him for Jackson State, with just a finger snap. I like Witten and Wyatt. Witten because right or wrong, I just think he has the stuff to teach moves and route running that get WRs consistently open. Wyatt because he's already knowledgeable about the Heup hurry-up offense. As for which if either, is better for recruiting, I know nothing, so won't pretend I do.

I have thought and been saying this for the better part of 5-6 years. His time in the announcing booth demonstrated his knowledge of the game. ( just too in-depth for most of us) I also think he would be an asset on the recruiting trail. Could be an asset with o line men on the trail as he was a big part of o line blocking for his career.

Billy Gonzalez would be phenomenal. Idk how he would fit with the staff though. Promoting Pope is probably the most logical move and the one I expect.

Cant imagine Danny/Donde are going to pull the trigger with someone who’s prev been fired for recruiting violations. Shame because no doubt Gonzalez would be a HR.

VolsWire usually does a good job but that list was complete garbage...Not even hot garbage, just plain ole garbage.
I was curious if anyone else was as puzzled with the number of former O-lineman being mentioned as our WR coach replacement?
Don’t be surprised to see Mack slide over to Coach the receivers and Montario come in to coach up the backs.
GBO!!

Reactions: Mtnvol80
I have thought and been saying this for the better part of 5-6 years. His time in the announcing booth demonstrated his knowledge of the game. ( just too in-depth for most of us) I also think he would be an asset on the recruiting trail. Could be an asset with o line men on the trail as he was a big part of o line blocking for his career.
It is easier for me to see Witten as a TE coach than WR coach!

It takes a special coach for WR's.
First and foremost they have to get the recruits.
Then you have to tell them how great they are at least 4 times a day.
WRs are the biggest divas pre-madonnas on any football team.

FTFY.
proxy-image

I was curious if anyone else was as puzzled with the number of former O-lineman being mentioned as our WR coach replacement?
Don’t be surprised to see Mack slide over to Coach the receivers and Montario come in to coach up the backs.
GBO!!
I had read that Mack had coached WR several years before. Like that idea also.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710

VN Store

Back