Coach Mike Anderson out at Arkansas

Caculator

No sane person wants to live on planet of the apes
Mike Anderson is out at the University of Arkansas.
Multiple sources have now confirmed what HawgSports.com reported earlier today that Anderson is out as the coach at Arkansas. A release is expected to be out soon. There has been a lot of discussion regarding the job security of the former Arkansas coach following an 18-16 season.

He was/is a good and competent SEC coach.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Mike Anderson is out at the University of Arkansas.
Multiple sources have now confirmed what HawgSports.com reported earlier today that Anderson is out as the coach at Arkansas. A release is expected to be out soon. There has been a lot of discussion regarding the job security of the former Arkansas coach following an 18-16 season.

He was/is a good and competent SEC coach.
Mike Anderson is a good head coach and he wont be unemployed for very long

I don’t think he’s terrible. He was consistently mediocre to above average but nothing more or less than that. Never had a season like Vandy just had but also never had a season like LSU or you guys had. His downfall was his inability to do anything in the tournament, although he suffered from some bad calls late against North Carolina in 2017 in a game Arkansas should have probably won.

It looked like he was a perfect fit based on his time under Nolan and especially after taking Missouri to the elite 8.

I remember there were a lot of people here who wanted him when he was at UAB instead of Pearl.

I don’t think he’s terrible. He was consistently mediocre to above average but nothing more or less than that. Never had a season like Vandy just had but also never had a season like LSU or you guys had. His downfall was his inability to do anything in the tournament, although he suffered from some bad calls late against North Carolina in 2017 in a game Arkansas should have probably won.
Arkansas could hire UAB head coach Robert Ehsan as their next men's head basketball coach

Arkansas could hire UAB head coach Robert Ehsan as their next men's head basketball coach
Hogville.nets Top Five:

1. Beard
Ain't leaving Tech for Arkansas. Dropped UNLV after a warm cup of coffee to return home. Could take the Texas job if/when Shaka gets the axe.

2. Buzz
Gonna be an Aggie.

3.Marshall
Nope...Koch Bros.

4.Sampson
Not if Houston beats Kentucky...see Koch Brothers Tilman Fertitta - Wikipedia

5.Prohn
Nope... Extension

An intriguing name I did see over there was Thad Mata. It would depend on his health issues, though.

Last edited:
It looked like he was a perfect fit based on his time under Nolan and especially after taking Missouri to the elite 8.

I remember there were a lot of people here who wanted him when he was at UAB instead of Pearl.
He would be a good hire for LSU to help clean up their image. Outstanding person that has raised a quality family and can also coach some hoops.

He would be a good hire for LSU to help clean up their image. Outstanding person that has raised a quality family and can also coach some hoops.
Mike Anderson would do very well at Texas or maybe even Georgia Tech if they dump Josh Pastner

Reactions: BUBear
Hogville.nets Top Five:

1. Beard
Ain't leaving Tech for Arkansas. Dropped UNLV after a warm cup of coffee to return home. Could take the Texas job if/when Shaka gets the axe.
Speaking of Shaka, when exactly is he going to get the axe? He has to have worn out his welcome at Texas, no? That dude has made a lot of hay out of that Final Four appearance 8 years ago.

Hogville.nets Top Five:

1. Beard

2. Buzz
Gonna be an Aggie.

3.Marshall
Nope...Koch Bros.

4.Sampson

5.Prohn
Nope... Extension

An intriguing name I did see over there was Thad Mata. It would depend on his health issues, though.

About that extension, the coach from Buffalo just signed a five yer extension 3 weeks ago. Now he's the head coach at Bama.

Hogville.nets Top Five:

1. Beard

2. Buzz
Gonna be an Aggie.

3.Marshall
Nope...Koch Bros.

4.Sampson

5.Prohn
Nope... Extension

They may not come but I could counter Koch and Fertitta with Walmart, Tyson, Jerry Jones, etc. Arkansas doesn't hurt for money.

It's funny to see Houston fans keep bragging about how nice their basketball practice facility is when ours is less than 5 years old and 13,000 square feet bigger lol.

They may not come but I could counter Koch and Fertitta with Walmart, Tyson, Jerry Jones, etc. Arkansas doesn't hurt for money.

It's funny to see Houston fans keep bragging about how nice their basketball practice facility is when ours is less than 5 years old and 13,000 square feet bigger lol.
Fertitta is a basketball junkie. He enjoys the game so much he bought the Houston Rockets. Jerry Jones bought the Cowboys to make money and Fertitta bought the Rockets to win Championships.

Speaking of Shaka, when exactly is he going to get the axe? He has to have worn out his welcome at Texas, no? That dude has made a lot of hay out of that Final Four appearance 8 years ago.
I've heard it will be the second he is eliminated from the NIT.

I'm hoping he wins the damned thing 😂.

If they take him and give us Mike Anderson back I'll take that trade in a second! It was a great era in UAB Bball under him; second only to the Bartow (Gene; not Murray) years.
I liked Gene allot but he broke my heart when he took Larry Spicer to UAB. Larry was the third of three SWC FrOY that Carrol Dawson got for my Bears out of Memphis before he joined the Rockets staff to coach the big men.

St. John’s Hires Mike Anderson as New Men’s Basketball Coach

Mike Anderson was hired as the new men’s basketball coach at St. John’s on Friday after being fired at Arkansas last month.

Anderson, 59, takes over for the former St. John’s star Chris Mullin, who resigned on April 9, citing a “recent personal loss.” Mullin’s older brother, Roddy, died recently at 58 after having cancer for years.

VN Store

Back