Coach Mark Richt has LOST CONTROL of Nico...

I remember when a Tennessee DL(forgetting names comes with age) suffered a season ending injury due to a cheap shot from a ga lineman. The following year said lineman was on the cover of the UT/GA program. I lost all respect for Mark Richt when that happened.
Pretty sure Mark Richt was fired before that happened.

I remember when a Tennessee DL(forgetting names comes with age) suffered a season ending injury due to a cheap shot from a ga lineman. The following year said lineman was on the cover of the UT/GA program. I lost all respect for Mark Richt when that happened.

I could be wrong, but I doubt that Head Coaches are very involved in the decisions about who is/is not on the cover of game programs. At this level, almost everything outside of the team's logistics and game planning is handled by others. Depends on the school, but the programs are usually completely handled by the Sports Information department, who handles it for every sport at the school. I wouldn't be surprised if the coaches never even see a game program, except to sign an autograph or something.

Coach Richt, even though he has always been an opponent, has always had my respect.
I heard him do an interview once after he had a so-so year with Georgia, and whoever was interviewing him asked him if he was worried about getting fired after that season. His reply has stayed with me to this day. He said “I didn’t care if they fired me or not, because when this is all said and done, I’ll be with Jesus.” That’s a football perspective I had not heard before.

Right, because the Head Football Coach is also in charge of cover art for game day programs. What a dumb reason to lose respect for a football coach. That’s like me saying I lost all respect for Colonel Sanders when KFC started selling grilled chicken.

I heard him do an interview once after he had a so-so year with Georgia, and whoever was interviewing him asked him if he was worried about getting fired after that season. His reply has stayed with me to this day. He said “I didn’t care if they fired me or not, because when this is all said and done, I’ll be with Jesus.” That’s a football perspective I had not heard before.
Our nation needs millions of men like Mark Richt right now!

VN Store

Back