Coach Kellie responds to Geno's comment.

The Original Big East wasn't a mid major, they just had some schools that didn't have football teams that weren't able to compete in Bowl Championship Series. The Original Big East had an automatic bid to BCS. Geno saying that Tenn is just another school is like when Duke in men's basketball used to say that UNC was just another school when Duke went on a long winning streak against UNC. Some people have made the observation that Geno hates Muffet more that he hated Pat.
He didn’t say the big east was a mid major.

Many UCONN fans are bored with their program. So they come here for competition because they don’t get much of it on the hardwood, and their players don’t have much personality. I get it. I’d hate to be a fan of a boring program. The Lady Vols haven’t reached a Final Four in a while, but we definitely get our share of excitement from our players, coaches and competitors.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Ahh Franklin, you are a terrific Uconn hater. Love the single “N” when you type their name.

Uconn actually has a few sports where they are very good. Certainly football is not one of them. But they have been in the NCAA tournament many years in baseball and have produced some current pros, Matt Barnes and George Springer (all star) come to mind.

They are always in the mix for a national championship in women’s field hockey winning 5 of them.

In women’s soccer they have been in the tournament 27 times (second all time) and 4 championship games.

In men’s soccer they have been in the NCAA tournament 30 times winning 3 championships.

They also have had several all Americans in track and field.

Bottom line, as much as you enjoy saying Uconn only has women’s basketball to be proud of, it’s just not true.

Nobody gives a crap about women's basketball, women's field hockey, men's soccer, or how many players are in the pros, when a Power 5 conference considers a school for membership in their conference. FOOTBALL is THE number one consideration above and beyond all else.

As it stands the AAC is a horrible conference in women's basketball, and the UCON athletics department in general is in terrible financial shape.

It will take a miracle for UCON to get into a Power 5 conference, and one thing is certain, it will not ever gain membership in the number one conference in America, the SEC.

If TN is just any other team why stealing players from them?

UCON did not steal a player from Tennessee, Westbrook chose to go to UCON, and some of her motivation to do so was to give a middle finger to Tennessee fans.

Last edited:
Nobody gives a crap about women's basketball, women's field hockey, men's soccer, or how many players are in the pros, when a Power 5 conference considers a school for membership in their conference. FOOTBALL is THE number one consideration above and beyond all else.

As it stands the AAC is a horrible conference in women's basketball, and the UCON athletics department in general is in terrible financial shape.

It will take a miracle for UCON to get into a Power 5 conference, and one thing is certain, it will not ever gain membership in the number one conference in America, the SEC.
clearly you don’t care as you continually belittle them. But the athletes work hard and deserve more than that. Yes, football is the engine that drives the college sports world. But it doesn’t mean the other sports don’t matter and that alumni can’t be proud of those accomplishments.

Reactions: mcannon1

This is all 100% true. As long as Geno is still the head coach, UConn will continue to be a powerful name brand in women's basketball and still recruit at a high level and make Final Fours and probably win another National Championship (or two... or even three?). However, when he retires (with no heir apparent waiting in the wings), that brand will diminish and the UConn women's basketball program will slowly (not overnight) take on the identity of their conference just as their men's basketball program has done since Jim Calhoun retired (yes, they won a Championship under Kevin Ollie in 2014 but their recruiting hasn't been the same and they have slowly faded away). They desperately need to get into a Power 5 Conference soon (it just about has to be the ACC) to avoid that. In order for that to happen, they will have to pour a ton of money into the football program... I don't see it happening.

Last edited:
UConn has been a winning program under Geno.....No one can deny that.
When he retires, their real problems will begin.

You ever been to Storrs? Went to high school in Connecticut a while back and never understood why kids wanted to go to that dump. Place sucks and they wanted to play baseball for them for the 2 week season they play at home. Went to Colorado instead. Wise decision!
All the more reason why Geno is the GOAT, the fact that he could build a dynasty at such a locale.

He is a good coach but he is still a big ole dick and every time he opens his mouth it shows.

"Dick" "Prick" "Douchebag" .... not any way to describe anyone or anything.... but if allowed then I guess it is okay......

to me i would not have to read this sort of vile description..... again.... of anyone or anything....

UConn has been a winning program under Geno.....No one can deny that.
When he retires, their real problems will begin.
I’ll worry about that in the future when it happens. It doesn’t appear he is planning to retire any time soon.

I’ll worry about that in the future when it happens. It doesn’t appear he is planning to retire any time soon.
Don’t be too confident because Pat Summitt wasn’t planning on retiring soon either. Stuff happens that is out of our control sometimes. You come to the wrong place to say stuff like that

Such general statements. Can you share some specifics? What teams do you believe are in the mix for the final four? What teams have strong inside games that will beat them? What teams have better pieces?

I think Oregon and Baylor will be in the final four. UCONN probably too since they have so many top 5 ranked players. Megan #1; Chrystin #1; Evina #2; Olivia #5 (after being hurt); and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone. A & M might be strong and so might MS State and Louisville. Muffet and Tara are great coaches, and so is Dawn. Might take Dawn a year to get her great freshman class going.

Most of all, I hope TN can get back to being a perennial final four contender.

And one thing is for sure, we shall see.

I think Oregon and Baylor will be in the final four. UCONN probably too since they have so many top 5 ranked players. Megan #1; Chrystin #1; Evina #2; Olivia #5 (after being hurt); and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone. A & M might be strong and so might MS State and Louisville. Muffet and Tara are great coaches, and so is Dawn. Might take Dawn a year to get her great freshman class going.

Most of all, I hope TN can get back to being a perennial final four contender.

And one thing is for sure, we shall see.
You forgot Dangerfield #3.

Totally agree about Oregon. Baylor too. If Evian is eligible, UConn for sure. The fourth final four could be from the group you mentioned plus Stanford.

Looking forward to seeing how Tennessee players will respond to some good coaching.

You forgot Dangerfield #3.

Totally agree about Oregon. Baylor too. If Evian is eligible, UConn for sure. The fourth final four could be from the group you mentioned plus Stanford.

Looking forward to seeing how Tennessee players will respond to some good coaching.

So you want Tennessee back in the Final Four?

VN Store

Back