Coach Kellie responds to Geno's comment.

Let's hope Kellie can start with fundamentals ... where the others have left TN behind is in kids that are fundamentally sound .. Holly recruited athletes hoping to teach them how to dribble . Pass .. shoot ... UCONN .. ND .. Stanford .. those teams pass the ball so precisely.. have sure hands .. dribble under control and shoot well. Box out on defense.. Hollie never got her talent fundamentally sound .. bottom line ..

The ONLY thing UCON fans can brag about is their women's basketball team, and even in that instance, the conference they play in absolutely sucks.

Don’t feed the trolls!
For just a second let’s think what the LVs record would have been like if we had played UConns schedule over the past four years. Significantly better. Not what we are used to but better. We would have then had a better seed in the tourney and probably had better outcomes there. Again not as good as what we are used to but better. I know the NCAA looks at strength of schedule but they obviously don’t punish the big schools for a weak schedule like the do the smaller schools.
My point is Geno is fine playing a weak schedule. He can count on being ESPNs fawning to help him through to better seeds. UConn in the SEC the past few years would have had 4-5 losses a year and maybe won 1 or 2 tournament titles. How would they faired as a 3,4 seed?
Just something to chew on.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Don’t feed the trolls!
For just a second let’s think what the LVs record would have been like if we had played UConns schedule over the past four years. Significantly better. Not what we are used to but better. We would have then had a better seed in the tourney and probably had better outcomes there. Again not as good as what we are used to but better. I know the NCAA looks at strength of schedule but they obviously don’t punish the big schools for a weak schedule like the do the smaller schools.
My point is Geno is fine playing a weak schedule. He can count on being ESPNs fawning to help him through to better seeds. UConn in the SEC the past few years would have had 4-5 losses a year and maybe won 1 or 2 tournament titles. How would they faired as a 3,4 seed?
Just something to chew on.
Realtime RPI 2018-19

UConn SOS - 31
Tennessee SOS -34

I couldn't find prior years on realtime. But is is Nolan, another reputable site

2017-18

UConn SOS -2
Tennessee SOS -10

2016-17

UConn SOS -4
Tennessee SOS - 8

2015-16

UConn SOS - 8
Tennessee SOS - 1

It's clear Tennessee plays a tough schedule most years. But so does UConn. They play probably the toughest OOC schedule to make up for the weak conference schedule.

Geno has no control over the conference so I don't know how,you can conclude he is happy with a weak schedule. Whatever seed they get they have earned.

Reactions: meyers7
Kelli is working the cause more than the coach. She knows this is a big fundraiser for The Summit foundation and Hall of Fame. It would be disrespectful to Pat not to promote the game. Geno is like "it's no big deal, don't come." Disrespectful is his middle name. It used to work for him.

What pops into my head every time I hear Auriemma's name.......

I am not a uconn fan, but they will be in the mix for final 4’s, probably for years to come.

KJH appears to be as classy as Pat was. Words are cheap what really matters is how you feel about yourself, the team and the players you coach, let others say what they want.

Reactions: creekdipper
At least we are still in a power 5 conference and one of the best conferences. UConn leaving the P5 assures Geno of padding his win record which I am sure he wanted to do. He now has to travel all over the Southeast and a bit of Texas. Outside of UCF and Cincinnati he has no conference competition al all.

The problem Geno has, which has him cemented in a non power five conference is, their football program sucks and blows at three different speeds. They wanted to be considered for the Big 12 expansion, which never happened, but because of their football program, they were not even in consideration. They can't fill a 45,000 seat stadium. The only good major sports team they have, since their men's basketball team sucks, is their women's basketball program. Women's sports will not get you an invitation to join a power 5 conference. In reality, he appears to be in a conference with very weak basketball programs.

See my response to your other question in the other thread.

I also think I can safely say that Oregon, TAMU, Maryland, South Carolina, Mississippi State, Oregon State, and Baylor will all have a decided advantage in the frontcourt matchups. All but MSST (at least at the start of the season) have guards that are either better or just as good as UConn's.

Are you kidding me? WTF is a UConn fan on a Tenn fan forum???? Get a damn life!!!

Reactions: sisaq
At least we are still in a power 5 conference and one of the best conferences. UConn leaving the P5 assures Geno of padding his win record which I am sure he wanted to do. He now has to travel all over the Southeast and a bit of Texas. Outside of UCF and Cincinnati he has no conference competition al all.
Actually, UCONN was never in a P5 conference. (ACC, B1G, Big-12, Pac-12, SEC). Been a Mid-Major all these years.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Great Coaches don't take time out to make comments about "any other team", those any other teams are not on the radar of great coaches unless that "any other team" was the standard that became the genesis that help launched the career of the great coach who would take his time to comment about that "any other team" Hey Coach, just say Thank You to Coach Pat Summitt and the Lady Vols, and keep it moving.

Great Coaches don't take time out to make comments about "any other team", those any other teams are not on the radar of great coaches unless that "any other team" was the standard that became the genesis that help launched the career of the great coach who would take his time to comment about that "any other team" Hey Coach, just say Thank You to Coach Pat Summitt and the Lady Vols, and keep it moving.
Well he didn't actually take "time out to make comments". He had to make comments. He was on the UCONN Coaches Road Show. So he has to talk about stuff to fill in his time slot. Part of what he's getting paid for. He just got a transfer from TN and they're playing TN again for the first time in what 12? years. TN stuff is gonna come up.

Actually, UCONN was never in a P5 conference. (ACC, B1G, Big-T12, Pac-12, SEC). Been a Mid-Major all these years.
The Original Big East wasn't a mid major, they just had some schools that didn't have football teams that weren't able to compete in Bowl Championship Series. The Original Big East had an automatic bid to BCS. Geno saying that Tenn is just another school is like when Duke in men's basketball used to say that UNC was just another school when Duke went on a long winning streak against UNC. Some people have made the observation that Geno hates Muffet more that he hated Pat.

The ONLY thing UCON fans can brag about is their women's basketball team, and even in that instance, the conference they play in absolutely sucks.
Ahh Franklin, you are a terrific Uconn hater. Love the single “N” when you type their name.

Uconn actually has a few sports where they are very good. Certainly football is not one of them. But they have been in the NCAA tournament many years in baseball and have produced some current pros, Matt Barnes and George Springer (all star) come to mind.

They are always in the mix for a national championship in women’s field hockey winning 5 of them.

In women’s soccer they have been in the tournament 27 times (second all time) and 4 championship games.

In men’s soccer they have been in the NCAA tournament 30 times winning 3 championships.

They also have had several all Americans in track and field.

Bottom line, as much as you enjoy saying Uconn only has women’s basketball to be proud of, it’s just not true.

VN Store

Back