Kellie Harper discussion/debate thread [merged]

So this thread started as just a simple love you coach. We’ve got your back thing. Just a little encouragement.
It devolved into the stink birds pooping all over her and dueling scripture quotes.
SMH……
And this ^^^

I agree, I too am all about the university.
Not about a particular coach
but right now Kellie is our coach, and as such, until I personally have a reason to do otherwise,,,I fully back her.

I know what she is going through.
This past season in E-80 basketball, I had a team that on paper looked like a beast.
We were pitiful....I was ready to quit coaching all together.
Sounds like you probably should quit.!!!

The proverbial punch(es) in the mouth has happened.
The first couple of times it rocked the team/bench and neither reacted well.
But in the Gonzaga game, we didn't just roll over and take it,,,we fought to the very end.
Now we know how important it is to throw the punch first. Or at least, throw a punch back.

I saw a lot of growth in this one game...In this past game against Gonzo we; Didn't give up multiple >7 pt runs,,,we didn't go into spasmatic periods of unforced turnovers,,,We were in this game right up to .2 seconds,,,our turnovers were reduced. Support from the bench was much more visible and vocal. A lot of positives came out of this last game.

A win, sure, we wanted,,,,But growth,,,,we needed.!

I'm pretty vocal out her and pretty visible.
I gave Coach K "what for" in the past as well, but now this org need fans to show true fanship.
Its time to decide as fans if we want to be part of the problem or part of the solution.
A lot of talk on here about other programs/coaches talking down TN,,,but here it is,,,the fodder that lets them talk.

Folks, people read this "back yard fence talk"
Players, staff, families, fans, prospects, foes-fans, trolls,,,,,Everybody's wondering about the negativity spread to dis-sway prospects and recruits well here it is...and we are fueling this fire.

First it was the players, then the head coach, then Jon, then Joy....Is Coach Sam next?
And they don't just get it here, they get it on other SocMedias
The whole program knows this site and many read it.

This staff went out and explored a new option (portal) and built a team that on paper should make a serious title run.
We still have those players and they are impacting this program.
How about we use at least ONE thread and support them.

Kellie, I am 100% behind you and will stay that way.
Jon, Joy, Sam you have my full support.

VolNation,,,its time to show we can support as strongly as we have shown we can reprimand

Go Lady Vols!
Coach Harper will never get full fan support until she shows that she can coach a team to compete with Dawn Staley and SC.
This is a cold, hard fact. This is the reason she was hired and Holly was fired. Remember, Holly had a overall winning record of 172-67. However, that was not good enough for the fans.

There can never be anything positive said on this board unless an adolescent shows up and drops their little Nega poopies on it afterwards.
That’s one of the reasons the Tennessee Athletic Department is still paying huge sums of money for people NOT to coach here.

Why not, you and the ignoramus who liked your thread do it all the time. Now go and cuddle up

Don't you have bigger things to worry about big man? Those game threads aren't going to start themselves...

essential-essential-worker.gif

As silly as it seems right after exiting the top 25, this team was built to win now. It's year four for Kellie, if she doesn't start winning more and soon, any look ahead to the future is less likely to include her... and she knows it.

Her overall record last the four years of her coaching career at Tennessee was 86-47 (65%).
Her SEC record during the same period was 36-24 (60%).

That's what got her fired...

Coach Harper will never get full fan support until she shows that she can coach a team to compete with Dawn Staley and SC.
This is a cold, hard fact. This is the reason she was hired and Holly was fired. Remember, Holly had a overall winning record of 172-67. However, that was not good enough for the fans.

Reactions: mcannon1
Her overall record last the four years of her coaching career at Tennessee was 86-47 (65%).
Her SEC record during the same period was 36-24 (60%).

That's what got her fired...

For reference, 8 games into Kellie's fourth season she is currently 67-31 (68%) and 30-15 (67%) through three seasons of the SEC. After a rough start, I'd say the rest of this year is pivotal for Kellie to see if she is the long term answer here...

For reference, 8 games into Kellie's fourth season she is currently 67-31 (68%) and 30-15 (67%) through three seasons of the SEC. After a rough start, I'd say the rest of this year is pivotal for Kellie to see if she is the long term answer here...
was that not totally negative Darth?😁

I think somebody is either in the Holiday spirit or in the holiday spirits 🥴

I'll take 68% success rate on my post and 67% in regards to this thread. Beauty is, my post are free to the university.

and, every now and then, useful

You're a Darth wannabe,,,you are here to post negativity and pepper in a compliment or two...as long as I know this, I can take you for what your goal seems to be,,,spreading,,,ummm,,,,well, "spreading" seems to cover it

Reactions: Benionsopinion
and, every now and then, useful

You're a Darth wannabe,,,you are here to post negativity and pepper in a compliment or two...as long as I know this, I can take you for what your goal seems to be,,,spreading,,,ummm,,,,well, "spreading" seems to cover it

I would venture to say that I’m a realist. You can choose to label that with other posters as you see fit, but what I said was “numbers don’t lie”

That’s not negative and it’s not positive. As someone will always have worse numbers. Jumper not everyone sees this team the way you tell them to see this team.

Last edited:
Reactions: TN1111 and Voluble2
I would venture to say that I’m a realist. You can choose to label that with other posters as you see fit, but what I said was “numbers don’t lie”

That’s not negative and it’s not positive. As someone will always have worse numbers. Jumper not everyone sees this team the way you tell them to see this team.

nor do I see this team as every"one" sees it

nor do I see this team as every"one" sees it

Reminds me a lot of BBNUT. I guess people like that get off by trolling threads looking to argue whether they believe what they are saying or not. It's all about arguing and thats why I put him on ignore. Nothing to learn from someone who trolls...... He sure likes Dearths posts!

Reminds me a lot of BBNUT. I guess people like that get off by trolling threads looking to argue whether they believe what they are saying or not. It's all about arguing and thats why I put him on ignore. Nothing to learn from someone who trolls...... He sure likes Dearths posts!

Not sure why some confuse honesty with trolling, seems simplistic or generic answer with no merit. Likeminded answers only by those who believe they are established is the standard here. Only believe what you are told to believe and not what you see. Too bad you chose to go the "ignore" route as you won't see this. Healthy differing views and winning make it all better when you can take the orange tinted glasses off and see things for the way they are at the moment.

As silly as it seems right after exiting the top 25, this team was built to win now. It's year four for Kellie, if she doesn't start winning more and soon, any look ahead to the future is less likely to include her... and she knows it.

Business 101. The fall out of the Top 25 at the expense of playing a "tough schedule" early showed where we are in year 4. Still a chance to climb back in the Top 20 (lower half) but the benchmark games and where we finish in SEC with help or distance that climb. For equity, we need a win against UConn, Stanford or South Carolina

VN Store

Back