Kellie Harper discussion/debate thread [merged]

Admitting the problem is always the first step and some of us aren't even there yet
Back to the original point of my post. Our "accepting" "admitting", "supporting" means nothing. We will not have a role in solving this problem. We'll just talk about it.
I'm not sure why you're so triggered...
Bec.ause I bought those damn season tickets! First time in years.

Seriously, I'm just tired of "told you so". Those words never wear well. But it's anyone's right to continue to say it. And say it, and say it. Also, I don't think predicting this makes anyone especially brilliant. Almost all of us said from the time of the hire that it was a gamble since KJH had never shown she could coach at an elite level. And we all said this season would be the ultimate test. I admit to getting caught up in the preseason hype (those damn season tickets) but we all knew this was a possibility, even a probability.

It's still early and I still cling to hope she can pull it off (making me Maria sheep-worthy). If she doesn't, and the current epic hellscape plays out, I believe this puts the program in a hole it would be very hard to climb out of. That's not a grave I want to do a happy dance over. But that's just me.

I will say, probably the only way to climb out of that hole would be hire a big name coach next time. Which would make you . . . right!

Back to the original point of my post. Our "accepting" "admitting", "supporting" means nothing. We will not have a role in solving this problem. We'll just talk about it.

Absolutely nothing anyone can do no matter how delusional they are. The administration will do what is necessary

, I'm just tired of "told you so". Those words never wear well. But it's anyone's right to continue to say it. And say it, and say it. Also, I don't think predicting this makes anyone especially brilliant. Almost all of us said from the time of the hire that it was a gamble since KJH had never shown she could coach at an elite level. And we all said this season would be the ultimate test. I admit to getting caught up in the preseason hype (those damn season tickets) but we all knew this was a possibility, even a probability.

He predicted nothing. He merely did what he always does, backhanded slaps for everyone!!!! Seriously, everyone gives him credit for being a dip...not for knowing anything. He has some new friends now that do the same thing probably because they think they will get attention like he does. Laughable anyone takes him seriously. He is living a dream of his to bash Tennessee and this forum and a handful of Negas empower him. Ignore him and VolNation will not contain near as much joy for him as moments like this does.

would make you . . . right!

If he is right about anything, it will truly be a rarity.

Reactions: Bret178
The proverbial punch(es) in the mouth has happened.
The first couple of times it rocked the team/bench and neither reacted well.
But in the Gonzaga game, we didn't just roll over and take it,,,we fought to the very end.
Now we know how important it is to throw the punch first. Or at least, throw a punch back.

I saw a lot of growth in this one game...In this past game against Gonzo we; Didn't give up multiple >7 pt runs,,,we didn't go into spasmatic periods of unforced turnovers,,,We were in this game right up to .2 seconds,,,our turnovers were reduced. Support from the bench was much more visible and vocal. A lot of positives came out of this last game.

A win, sure, we wanted,,,,But growth,,,,we needed.!

I'm pretty vocal out her and pretty visible.
I gave Coach K "what for" in the past as well, but now this org need fans to show true fanship.
Its time to decide as fans if we want to be part of the problem or part of the solution.
A lot of talk on here about other programs/coaches talking down TN,,,but here it is,,,the fodder that lets them talk.

Folks, people read this "back yard fence talk"
Players, staff, families, fans, prospects, foes-fans, trolls,,,,,Everybody's wondering about the negativity spread to dis-sway prospects and recruits well here it is...and we are fueling this fire.

First it was the players, then the head coach, then Jon, then Joy....Is Coach Sam next?
And they don't just get it here, they get it on other SocMedias
The whole program knows this site and many read it.

This staff went out and explored a new option (portal) and built a team that on paper should make a serious title run.
We still have those players and they are impacting this program.
How about we use at least ONE thread and support them.

Kellie, I am 100% behind you and will stay that way.
Jon, Joy, Sam you have my full support.

VolNation,,,its time to show we can support as strongly as we have shown we can reprimand

Go Lady Vols!

Absolutely nothing anyone can do no matter how delusional they are. The administration will do what is necessary

He predicted nothing. He merely did what he always does, backhanded slaps for everyone!!!! Seriously, everyone gives him credit for being a dip...not for knowing anything. He has some new friends now that do the same thing probably because they think they will get attention like he does. Laughable anyone takes him seriously. He is living a dream of his to bash Tennessee and this forum and a handful of Negas empower him. Ignore him and VolNation will not contain near as much joy for him as moments like this does.

If he is right about anything, it will truly be a rarity.

Negas or honest? Some confuse the two. Winning and correcting the trajectory of the season brings peace and harmony....that's honesty.

Reactions: Darth_Vol
If Kellie loses 12+ games, and Kara Lawson wins 20+........are we ready to pull that trigger?

Has anyone watched Kara coach at Duke?

But in the Gonzaga game, we didn't just roll over and take it,,,we fought to the very end.
Now we know how important it is to throw the punch first. Or at least, throw a punch back.

I saw a lot of growth in this one game...In this past game against Gonzo we; Didn't give up multiple >7 pt runs,,,we didn't go into spasmatic periods of unforced turnovers,,,We were in this game right up to .2 seconds,,,our turnovers were reduced. Support from the bench was much more visible and vocal. A lot of positives came out of this last game.

I gave Coach K "what for" in the past as well, but now this org need fans to show true fanship.
Its time to decide as fans if we want to be part of the problem or part of the solution.
A lot of talk on here about other programs/coaches talking down TN,,,but here it is,,,the fodder that lets them talk.

Players, staff, families, fans, prospects, foes-fans, trolls,,,,,Everybody's wondering about the negativity spread to dis-sway prospects and recruits well here it is...and we are fueling this fire.

First it was the players, then the head coach, then Jon, then Joy....Is Coach Sam next?

This staff went out and explored a new option (portal) and built a team that on paper should make a serious title run.

VolNation,,,its time to show we can support as strongly as we have shown we can reprimand

Go Lady Vols!
I agree, Kellie Harper, we love you. As always go Lady Vol's.

I 100% believe in this team and this staff. All the way!

(But good luck keeping this as a supportive-posts thread. Many have tried -- myself included -- and many have failed. People have apparently forgotten how to read the room.)

GO LADY VOLS! I loooooved what I saw in the Gonzaga game, and when you co tinue to fight like that the wins will come.

Overall I think the board is mostly positive. You figure out the 8 to 10 negatives really fast. Not saying they don't have a right to be negative if that is their sincere desire, but the ones talking about firing are so far off line they don't even realize it. They might have a case in about three years depending on how things go, but they are on level zero right now. Even being conservative I counted that we should get about 16 wins in the next 20 games of the season and it could be a lot more really hard to see it being less unless we just give up and don't play.

Go Lady Vols!

Coach Harper needs to do something about the huge number of turnovers....one game this year with 29. She needs to adopt the Coach Barnes method. In practice, if a player commits a turnover, he has to run from the floor to the top of the arena and back. If that method is applied, there are usually less than 9 or so in a game.

Is this when we all hold hands and sing kumbaya?. Are you sure you you are “100% behind Coach Harper and always will be”?

I am all for supporting the coach/team during the season but that doesn’t mean blindly supporting them. As a kid I grew up in Indiana when Bobby Knight was coach there and many (and many still do) overlooked his flaws.

Is this when we all hold hands and sing kumbaya?. Are you sure you you are “100% behind Coach Harper and always will be”?

I am all for supporting the coach/team during the season but that doesn’t mean blindly supporting them. As a kid I grew up in Indiana when Bobby Knight was coach there and many (and many still do) overlooked his flaws.
You've got about 12 threads out there to spew negativity I won't miss you if you leave this one

Things must be bad for the dreaded "vote of confidence" threads to start...

Yeah! The thing is, I was listening on the radio. Whenever it became apparent that the game was going to come down to the wire (2 minute mark or whatever), I thought...'she is going to find a way to lose this game'.

I do not have that same feeling with Rick B, Coach Hype, Tony V, even in softball with their woes.

VN Store

Back