Coach Jumper

Jump, I will leave this here for your personal Gratification...
When you watch this, you might look at a couple of things, the ball movement ..the Personnel movement .. and the fact that that every girl on the team scored also notice the closing out and the footwork on defense. 5 in 5 out through the whole game. And these are just kids

Of note also is the fact that this was a championship game. And both teams had won 4 games to get there. It was a Mother's Day tournament for all the girls wanted to have access to it to show their families. Also of note is number 25 Shannon Titus was the number 4 alternate her 16u USA team

Last edited:

Rooster1

My so called self-promotions if you'll do some research are most often prompted response to postings like the one above.

If I am attacked or questioned I respond with whatever needs to be said.
Was this posting of the boy I worked with posted to credit or discredit me or was this posting was shown on this thread to indicate that all I am able to work with is kids?

Well, instead of leaving that question out there, I need to respond to it...
In one summer this boy learned:
  • to attack a layup from both baselines, both elbows, both reverses and the top of the key on drives with different finishes...He learned seven 2-pt shot positions and 5 3 pt shot positions...He learned 7 release point from each hand in passing drills,,,he learned how to touch-shoot on put-back rebounds,,, He learned 7 different advanced 2-ball drills...He was lined up against older teens and college grads in both offense and defense 1-on-1 match-ups AFTER a two-hour workout, twice weekly for 16 weeks...and that is just what I can remember off-hand...How to go from pass reception and dribble pickup to shot release in under a second...How to face out at the elbow and pivot-one dribble drive to the hoop in under a second...more
The only difference between training him and training one of the present players is the level of expectations and proficiency's I would expect out of the bigger and stronger college level players.

NeedOrange

In your case I made an exception. As Solomon says there's a time for everything and over this time to put you in your place I hope you'll leave it at that
Sorry dude. I didn't know you were so thin skinned that a joke would set you off. I saw another poster replied with the same joke, did you find it necessary to 'put them in their place' or are you just sore at me about something I've done. Also when invoking God, it may be wise not to have any exceptions

Sorry dude. I didn't know you were so thin skinned that a joke would set you off. I saw another poster replied with the same joke, did you find it necessary to 'put them in their place' or are you just sore at me about something I've done. Also when invoking God, it may be wise not to have any exceptions

There's a little more history between me and rooster.

God bless you

I didn't reopen this thread a poster asked about my history and. I post a little bit about my history and I gave them some background. That is all this thread was ever intended to be. I never wanted it to become what it is nor do I wish to continue where it's going. Can we just leave this to rest let me post game threads and thought every now and then and just go find somebody else to take bites with. No I have no animosity towards you Orange and I hope we can keep it that way

mutt

When you watch this, you might look at a couple of things, the ball movement ..the Personnel movement .. and the fact that that every girl on the team scored also notice the closing out and the footwork on defense. And these are just kids

Of note also is the fact that this was a championship game. And both teams had one 4 games to get there. It was a Mother's Day tournament for all the girls wanted to have access to it to show their families. Also of note is number 25 Shannon Titus was the number 4 alternate her 16u USA team
I've seen Shannon play many times over the last 2 years. She is doing an outstanding job at Mercer. You should be very proud.

Sorry Orange. I guess I have become a little thin-skinned lately because it seems like they've been if I post my name so my much to call me on it. I've all but quit posting lately or at least trying to. It was a lot of fun at first now it's become a task. Truly sorry about that

BTW,,,this post was not aimed at you, I thought I tagged rooster on it on my phone...sigh...i hate posting on a cell phone,,so small you can't see things.

I really so appreciate you orange and truly have no animosity towards you...forgive me.

NeedOrange

BTW,,,this post was not aimed at you, I thought I tagged rooster on it on my phone...sigh...i hate posting on a cell phone,,so small you can't see things.

I really so appreciate you orange and truly have no animosity towards you...forgive me.
Not a problem at all. All forgiven and appreciate the apology and kind word.

In one summer this young 5ft4in boy learned 19 different areas of shooting or Lanes of attacking as well as seven different releases of passing angles
  • to attack a layup from both baselines, both elbows, both reverses and the top of the key on drives with different finishes...He learned seven 2-pt shot positions and 5 3 pt shot positions...He learned 7 release point from each hand in passing drills,,,he learned how to touch-shoot on put-back rebounds,,, He learned 7 different advanced 2-ball drills...He was lined up against older teens and college grads in both offense and defense 1-on-1 match-ups AFTER a two-hour workout, twice weekly for 16 weeks...and that is just what I can remember off-hand...How to go from pass reception and dribble pickup to shot release in under a second...How to face out at the elbow and pivot-one dribble drive to the hoop in under a second...more

The main difference between training him and training one of the present players is the level of expectations and proficiency's I would expect out of the bigger and stronger college level players.[/QUOTE]

volnationnj

Coach J, you've mentioned that you want to get back into coaching this year. These videos seem to be an advertisement for your services. Do you have an age group in mind that you're thinking about coaching ?

Coach J, you've mentioned that you want to get back into coaching this year. These videos seem to be an advertisement for your services. Do you have an age group in mind that you're thinking about coaching ?

Sorry, didn't mean for it to look like an advertisement. Earlier in this post I said this kid could do a lot of things and just one summer of training. And I wanted to show it wasn't lying. But as far as this summer I'm looking for a challenge. I would like to take an athlete on nobody's radar and put her on everybody's radar. Or I would like to take a team that's or nobody's radar and Elevate them. Or I might work towards completing the videos that will accompany my book. I am also considering an inner-city youth program. As far as absolutes, I have none at this point the only thing that's absolutely is it's got to be athletes that will be in college in the next year or two

bobkitten

As for me, I enjoy coach J’s posts and I realize it is something he knows a good bit about and is passionate about, just like I am knowledgeable about some things and passionate about them and even might be a little too willing to share what I know. Perhaps a little pushy, to some.After you get to a certain point, you WANT to share it to make the world a better place( in your view); it’s called making a difference in this world or passing it on, or planting a seed!

bobkitten

I don’t think you need me defending you, but your heart is in the right (Lady Vol) place and most of us need to be reminded that we have things to add to the conversation in ways small and large for everyone’s benefit, and at some place we even have an obligation to do so! Best wishes!

VN Store

Sponsors