Coach Jumper

1reVOLver

My construction mentor was an old,fat, mean Portugese man-o-war named Ollie.
Who once said something I have said nearly every day of my life...."You either know, or, you don't know"
Coach: I respect your comments, including those I may disagree with. You—and quite a few more who post here—know more about the game than I do. I enjoy learning from those brave enough to put their knowledge on offer.

As to the slings and arrows tossed in your direction, a saying of a wise old friend comes to mind: "What other people think of me... is none of my efffing business!"

Recover soon and be well and keep sharing.
Thank you.

Coach: I respect your comments, including those I may disagree with. You—and quite a few more who post here—know more about the game than I do. I enjoy learning from those brave enough to put their knowledge on offer.

As to the slings and arrows tossed in your direction, a saying of a wise old friend comes to mind: "What other people think of me... is none of my efffing business!"

Recover soon and be well and keep sharing.
Thank you.
I'm going to steal that quote for my book. One chapter is completely dedicated 2 quotes ... I'll give you an example... , "boys have to perform well to feel good about themselves whereas girls have to feel good about themselves to perform well"(self)

Last edited:

Dube

it's all in your name,,,dube...Did you Misspell "dude" or "doob"
That was one of the worst drills I have ever seen with an individual in all my years in basketball! I have a question for you. Did you ever play basketball?
By the way Dube is a Canadian name and is pronounced Do he's! Yes that is my last name and very proud of it!

Dube, unless you were on CHW's staff and a recipient of my emails, you don't know why my email was blocked.
And BTW the only message saying I was blocked was from Fulmer.

Prior to that I was told by in an email:

Thank you Coach Jumper.

Coach Fulmer mentioned reaching out to the Women’s Basketball Operations to set up a meeting re: your desire to work for the Lady Vols.

Thank you,

Administrative Assistant to the Director of Athletics

My contact at that time was Michael Beaumont,,,and Mike and I had passed several including the following response:

Doug,

Congrats on the opportunity to work, influence and mold young people.

What you teach them today, will stay with them forever.

I know that you will never take lightly the responsibility of being a coach/teacher…sadly, you may be the first person (athletically) to take the time to teach them skills.

You are making a difference!

Good luck.

Last edited:
Hey coach, found this thread a little late.....

Fellow Lady Vol posters, this guy is knowledgeable and basketball wise....Instead of complaining about the guy, learn from him..... After the pitiful shooting performance we have seen from the LV's the last few games, it is time someone helps these girls put the ball through the basket, before the walls come tumbling down....

And let me add, Coach Jumper is a hell of a nice guy, so give the guy some slack.
Keep shooting coach!
You know why this post means so much to me,?,
GameTime has never met me.
Yet,he has this consideration of me.

This is why I do the game thread posts and have opened my self to ridicule....I want to prove people like him right

I'm not necessarily complaining, as much as I am saying his comments can get really awkward sometimes. Because they can, and do. It's weird when you have someone who made enough attempts to either communicate or involve themselves with the Lady Vols or their activities that the athletic department (or people therein) elect to either screen or ignore their communications. And then to continue to post here about helping when the program chose to pass on the offers ... that's really weird and I'm surprised others don't find that as strange as I do. Imagine someone ending a lot of their posts on the football forum with a tag line about how they're a QB coach nd they could make Guarantano a better passer. I think most people would be like "uh, okay" and wonder why they keep saying that here.

Again, not saying this person isn't nice, or doesn't care, or doesn't know what they're talking about. None of that. I am not evaluating their offers. I'm only saying it was weird to keep making that a talking point here, especially if the program already responded in the past. And, I think that is much of why the "I can do this, I can do that" talk starts to feel like advertising. Why continue to post about that stuff here, where (presumably) the staff is not looking? What's the goal of doing so? Why not call them? Or something? Again, it just feels awkward.
I did get in touch with them and it was favorable at first...unfortunately it was during the CHW administration.

VolNation is one of the higher profile sites for UT and for the Lady Vol segment.
To think it goes unread by the entire staff, players and administration is to be gullible.
This site give immediate barometers and reactions to current events/topics-Lady Vols.
To ignore such a "Crystal Ball" of public perception would be to not use a business tool.
The recruiting threads are a wealth of information and resource.
To ignore such an excellent source of a wide variety of information for an org would be to not use a tool given to you

FYI to those who care,,,I twisted and lifted, and now sport a herniated disk.
Two weeks later I am still walking with a cane...sigh...
MRI confirmed a herniated disk. Possible pinch in the sciatica.
I went online and found physical training exercises for this.
Hurts!! when doing them.
Now walking short spans without a cane.
(Now, if the competitor in me will take moderate steps and not try to do it in half the time...I may heal totally in a month or so.)

That was one of the worst drills I have ever seen with an individual in all my years in basketball! I have a question for you. Did you ever play basketball?
By the way Dube is a Canadian name and is pronounced Do he's! Yes that is my last name and very proud of it!

That "worst drill" gives a player 7 different ways to send a pass, 14 once learned by the other hand...Pretty ingenious if you ask me.
In the drills' more advanced stage the two playing toss, gets a 1 or 2 person "defensive obstacle" to pass through....makes it a little tougher to do, then

And the putback-touch shooting drill ,,.,this is an 11 year old boy...it looks vastly different with a 20 year old college-level player.

PS sorry the "Dube" jibe took off.
The Bill Belichick side of me will joust verbal jabs with verbal jabs.

When it get too personal though, its time to subside.
sorry

Last edited:

SPECKVOL

You can stand on top of Thompson Bowling Arena and throw a stone in any direction and hit 10 of these expert AAU girl coaches who believe they are the greatest girl basketball coach around. But if they were they would get offed a paying job coaching somewhere besides AAU MS or HS. Now some of these AAU coaches are squeezing $ out of some delusional parents but that not what I mean.
Nailed it!!!!!!!

Chitownvol1129

Hey Coach, I haven't always agreed with your philosophy and post, but have always viewed them as knowledgeable and thought provoking when I disagreed. I find it a shame people would bring up events from past, such as saying they have seen you in action at games, without knowing context of conversation. I can only imagine any interaction with family members was positive in nature. You keep doing you. I myself, am currently have a new herniated disk ( number 10 in my spine going from butt to skull). I have found great relief from dry needling with electricity, and massage. Turns out a lot of pain is in stiffened hamstrings due to walking adjustments to deal with pain, so been doing a lot of hamstring stretching and the combo, with tedious low impact lower back therapy, and aqua therapy is making a change for the better. Here is too all of us, and certainly you, recovering, and having a great new year. Let us know when book is available, I want a signed copy to put next to my signed copies of Pat's books.

Hey Coach, I haven't always agreed with your philosophy and post, but have always viewed them as knowledgeable and thought provoking when I disagreed. I find it a shame people would bring up events from past, such as saying they have seen you in action at games, without knowing context of conversation. I can only imagine any interaction with family members was positive in nature. You keep doing you. I myself, am currently have a new herniated disk ( number 10 in my spine going from butt to skull). I have found great relief from dry needling with electricity, and massage. Turns out a lot of pain is in stiffened hamstrings due to walking adjustments to deal with pain, so been doing a lot of hamstring stretching and the combo, with tedious low impact lower back therapy, and aqua therapy is making a change for the better. Here is too all of us, and certainly you, recovering, and having a great new year. Let us know when book is available, I want a signed copy to put next to my signed copies of Pat's books.
Thanks Chi.
I wouldn't wish a slipped-disk on anyone having now experienced it. . . I passed some kidney stones in my 20-30's and this surpasses it.
Stones hurt intensely for about two days, passed it and no more pain. With this the pain on day one was so intense in my sciatica that I rode an ambulance to the ER. couldn't even drive so much pain.

3 weeks later it still feel like I have a permanent charlie-horse in my mid-thigh and am just getting feeling below my kneecap.
I started doing the online PT-stretches for herniated disks 3 days ago and it has helped tremendously.
Two nights ago I felt a minor twinge in my groin muscle and a rush of feeling down to my toes....today I can finally put weight on it for more than just a step or so.

3 weeks from now, I want to be on a court

Chippo

Hi coach Jumper, I plan on being at the
Mississippi game Thursday night. Don't
know where I will be sitting as someone
else is buying the tickets online. Will be
wearing a dark blue jacket and a light blue
Detroit Lions ball cap. Hope I can see you there if you plan to attend. I will be with two other seniors a man and his wife.

Hi coach Jumper, I plan on being at the
Mississippi game Thursday night. Don't
know where I will be sitting as someone
else is buying the tickets online. Will be
wearing a dark blue jacket and a light blue
Detroit Lions ball cap. Hope I can see you there if you plan to attend. I will be with two other seniors a man and his wife.
We will set something up through the game thread...

NeedOrange

I made my best money in the 80-90's in Atlanta as an interior trim carpenter...Trimmed over 1700 of the more than 3000 units at the end of Columns Drive, next to the Atlanta Country Club area..
I would walk into a unit, hang 9 prehung doors, run a 500 feet of base, trim 7 windows, 30 feet of chair-rail and do a tread-pass through in 10-12 hours, without the benefit of a nailgun.
My construction mentor was an old,fat, mean Portugese man-o-war named Ollie.
Who once said something I have said nearly every day of my life...."You either know, or, you don't know"
But what gets you into trouble is what you THINK you know.

VN Store

Sponsors