Coach Jumper

No... LOL

Hey, CJ - do you remember a couple of years ago you and a poster named @mikey2smart going back and forth? When he told you he was an assistant coach of women’s program at a junior college in Texas, you basically called him a liar and demanded he present proof, so he sent you an email and it was revealed he was Michael Madrid and was in fact, an assistant coach for San Jacinto college’s Women’s program? Here, you can jump in right here:

coaching discussion (split)

I thought you might be interested to know he made a few stops after being at San Jacinto and is now the head coach of the women’s program at Texas A&M Kingsville.

Texas A&M-Kingsville names Michael Madrid as Head Women’s Basketball Coach
I do remember that poster and what I posted just a few frames later...
I looked back through your postings. Nearly every word, on several threads, are argumentative. You've proven nothing except that you love to argue. Not a great attribute for a coach.

I eat, sleep and drink competition, but I loathe confrontations. That is why I am good at them.

Your own words..."Out coach me??? Haha yeah okay guy!"...

Well, you got me there. I don't know how to respond to" Haha yeah okay guy!"

T_Vol376

Marked on VolNation
I do remember that poster and what I posted just a few frames later...
I looked back through your postings. Nearly every word, on several threads, are argumentative. You've proven nothing except that you love to argue. Not a great attribute for a coach.

I eat, sleep and drink competition, but I loathe confrontations. That is why I am good at them.

Your own words..."Out coach me??? Haha yeah okay guy!"...

Well, you got me there. I don't know how to respond to" Haha yeah okay guy!"
Yes, here: coaching discussion (split)

Your exchange was pretty entertaining. It’s crazy he’s now a head coach of a women’s collegiate program. LOL

No... LOL

Hey, CJ - do you remember a couple of years ago you and a poster named @mikey2smart going back and forth? When he told you he was an assistant coach of women’s program at a junior college in Texas, you basically called him a liar and demanded he present proof, so he sent you an email and it was revealed he was Michael Madrid and was in fact, an assistant coach for San Jacinto college’s Women’s program? Here, you can jump in right here:

coaching discussion (split)

I thought you might be interested to know he made a few stops after being at San Jacinto and is now the head coach of the women’s program at Texas A&M Kingsville.

Texas A&M-Kingsville names Michael Madrid as Head Women’s Basketball Coach
Pretty cool. I missed that one. I'm sure you know that we have some real coaches and some former VFL players here posting under different names. Ya never know who is actually going to show up on Volnation.

Chippo

I serve my players, their families and my chosen organization(s).
People who know me personally will tell you I put "me" last.
...Not sure why you constantly look for negatives in me, but I understand that a person can't win over everybody.
Even the greatest philanthropists and the most "proven to be legit"religious figures in the world, have those they can't win over.
Even the most high couldn't get everyone to love him...in fact had, ardent enemies that he never even got to meet face to face.
I certainly am not in that class of examples and don't claim to be.

I do however claim to be a lifetime supporter of the LV BB program and know within myself that if I can help them in any way, I will and if my stepping away completely would benefit them, I would readily do so.
Don't worry coach J, every one that posts
On volnation is going to get negative feedback from someone. Just be yourself and
let the devil take the hindmost.

I wasn’t spying per say. It was pretty wild I figured out who you were. I’m weird like that. 😁
Yes, here: coaching discussion (split)

Your exchange was pretty entertaining. It’s crazy he’s now a head coach of a women’s collegiate program. LOL
I apologize 376.
I guess I have to remember that everyone who posts on here isn't as public as I am about it.
I have made some good connections through this site and even a better longtime friend in smallvol.
Both her and her husband are as dear to me as any friend in my lifetime.
They have been a part of my life, not just in basketball but in true friendship for over two years now and I love them both dearly.

Clicked link, reading through old thread then saw governmentmule's post, sad
gov sat with small and I in one of the games he traveled to make two years ago and I enjoyed sitting with him and hearing his humor and wisdom. Every game thread I do, reminds me of who did them before me,,,I try to honor him in doing them as professional as possible

Don't worry coach J, every one that posts
On volnation is going to get negative feedback from someone. Just be yourself and
let the devil take the hindmost.
And then there is the other side of the coin,,,People like gule, savannahfan, chippo, Rollervol, 37620vol, smallvol, superfly, raevol, volpat, slydell, mcannon, revolver, creekdipper, and many others make me feel blessed, when they have the fortitude to defend someone most of them haven't even met.

Truly humbling,
Truly!

T_Vol376

Marked on VolNation
I apologize 376.
I guess I have to remember that everyone who posts on here isn't as public as I am about it.
I have made some good connections through this site and even a better longtime friend in smallvol.
Both her and her husband are as dear to me as any friend in my lifetime.
They have been a part of my life, not just in basketball but in true friendship for over two years now and I love them both dearly.
Dear folks, indeed.... good through and through.

FYI to those who care,,,I twisted and lifted, and now sport a herniated disk.
Two weeks later I am still walking with a cane...sigh
(So it may have to be "day after tomorrow before I can be there,,;o)

In my lifetime I have been in the hospital only twice (tonsils and a colonoscopy.
aside from that I have had perfect health.
A month ago I could still touch rim (landing presented the only problem)

It is difficult, aging.
But I hope to do so as my 81 yr old mom and 89 year old dad have. With grace and commitment to God.
They are my example, and I couldn't be more blessed.

Again thank you VolNation
My sincerest wishes that your holiday season is perfect.
Love ya,
Coach J

T_Vol376

Marked on VolNation

In my lifetime I have been in the hospital only twice (tonsils and a colonoscopy.

It is difficult, aging.
But I hope to do so as my 81 yr old mom and 89 year old dad have. With grace and commitment to God.

Love ya,
Coach J
Despite our squabbles, I truly am sorry and wish you healing and relief.

Chippo

It is difficult, aging.

Love ya,
Coach J
You to coach Jumper. I pray you get healed.
Had a torn meniscus repaired last spring.
Can't do carpentry work like I used to,AGE.

You to coach Jumper. I pray you get healed.
Had a torn meniscus repaired last spring.
Can't do carpentry work like I used to,AGE.

I made my best money in the 80-90's in Atlanta as an interior trim carpenter...Trimmed over 1700 of the more than 3000 units at the end of Columns Drive, next to the Atlanta Country Club area..
I would walk into a unit, hang 9 prehung doors, run a 500 feet of base, trim 7 windows, 30 feet of chair-rail and do a tread-pass through in 10-12 hours, without the benefit of a nailgun.
My construction mentor was an old,fat, mean Portugese man-o-war named Ollie.
Who once said something I have said nearly every day of my life...."You either know, or, you don't know"

Chippo

I made my best money in the 80-90's in Atlanta as an interior trim carpenter...Trimmed over 1700 of the more than 3000 units at the end of Columns Drive, next to the Atlanta Country Club area..
I would walk into a unit, hang 9 prehung doors, run a 500 feet of base, trim 7 windows, 30 feet of chair-rail and do a tread-pass through in 10-12 hours, without the benefit of a nailgun.
Who once said something I have said nearly every day of my life...."You either know, or, you don't know"
Idid form carpentry and concrete work ,began as a laborer. Hung many metal doors and
Frames. Retired in 2012. Work part time
In a store just to keep busy. Blount and Knox
Counties

Chippo

Ain't that the truth

Idid form carpentry and concrete work ,began as a laborer. Hung many metal doors and
Frames. Retired in 2012. Work part time
In a store just to keep busy. Blount and Knox
Counties
did d a few them myself. Had to frame them into concrete block openings. Had to build the frame hang the door and then trim it a lot more work than a prehung door hell of a lot heavier. The three things I stayed away from in carpentry was concrete electrical and plumbing nasty jobs. Pay good but nasty jobs. I could do sheetrock metal stud work framing pretty much anything but those three

Chippo

did d a few them myself. Had to frame them into concrete block openings. Had to build the frame hang the door and then trim it a lot more work than a prehung door hell of a lot heavier. The three things I stayed away from in carpentry was concrete electrical and plumbing nasty jobs. Pay good but nasty jobs. I could do sheetrock metal stud work framing pretty much anything but those three
Did some framing but wasn't my forte. Also
some trim which I was better at but enjoyed
Form carpentry the best

volnationnj

.. Was this posting of the boy I worked with posted to credit or discredit me or was this posting was shown on this thread to indicate that all I am able to work with is kids?

Well, instead of leaving that question out there, I need to respond to it...
I thought that the whole purpose of You Tube was to allow people to see videos made and posted by others. I don't see how the question of credit or discredit even enters the equation.
If you didn't want people to see the video, it wouldn't have been posted. You wanted people to watch it so it was posted. Seems simple enough. I thought, for those interested, that a video of Coach J might prove illuminating.

I thought that the whole purpose of You Tube was to allow people to see videos made and posted by others. I don't see how the question of credit or discredit even enters the equation.
If you didn't want people to see the video, it wouldn't have been posted. You wanted people to watch it so it was posted. Seems simple enough. I thought, for those interested, that a video of Coach J might prove illuminating.
The trouble with text is you don't know if someone speaking with their tongue in cheek or, their foot in your cheeks. It looked like like from your posting you were trying to represent me as a kid's coach. That's what I mean I have no idea of your intention only my perception is that moment of your intention

If you do a search he can't even find that video. The only way anybody is ever been able to find it has to go to my channel and look for it. I posted it so his dad could see his advancement and show his uncles and aunts. I've never made that one public myself. I've only reference the one game to the girls because it has been referenced many times. I don't post on social media because I am intent on writing a book on my personal methods and unique mechanical philosophies. That's also why I've never posted my unique drills like Bang Bang or 3 2 1 - 25.

I don't post how I run 11 man and 9 men to create flow in the offense. I know every coach runs that drill but do they emphasize and look for what I emphasize and look for. Such as I look for a Breaking of the wave meaning, do the three who are on offense, individually time their entry into half-court, so that they go in as a full three person wave or do two of them lead out and one come in later?

I know I am highly visible on this site but I am very private in my postings on social media because I want to be able to put my life's coaching work and experiences in coaching exclusively female basketball in print and video for others to benefit in teaching girls how to play this game.

VN Store

Sponsors