Coach Jumper

superfly

Presently about 50% through on my book on the "Intricacies of Coaching the Female Teenage Basketball Player: (With instructional DVD)"

Presently looking for an individual and a team to video-record my unique training methods and drills for both team and individuals,,
to accompany the book at purchase

And, something I enjoy that I never thought I would, being the game-thread poster for volnation

• 39 Years of coaching from every age group of female basketball players as young as 10U through college age.
  • 11 Years with the GA Pistols as their 13u-14u developmental coach
  • Have had clinics, camps and done personal training within the sport of basketball
  • I have over 440 drills in my library and have developed several unique drills for both individual and team instruction...(Like: Bang Bang...A team shooting drill that has 5 players, 4 basketballs and the potential to take 300 shots in 300 secondsw/ no shots in the paint)
  • Team Liaison for the 1996 Australian Women's Nation team during their pre-Olympic tournament in Chattanooga
  • Degree in Sports Management with a minor in athletic coaching 3.56 GPA

In focusing on teaching skills and fundamentals for so many years, I have become an expert on mechanics and the correction thereof

But enough about me,, It's 10 minutes from tipoff
That's very impressive....my hat's off to you .

Raebo

At least he is passionate and does not hide his experience. He is knowledgeable about the game. Is he over the top? Maybe sometimes but there are a lot of fans on this forum that are. He is a Lady Vol fan but I think he gives a fair assessment of our team/coaches and opposing opponents. I do not agree with some of his posts but I think he adds a lot of insight to the game and I enjoy his posts. I enjoy his videos and it shows that he is not just someone running their mouth.

At least he is passionate and does not hide his experience. He is knowledgeable about the game. Is he over the top? Maybe sometimes but there are a lot of fans on this forum that are. He is a Lady Vol fan but I think he gives a fair assessment of our team/coaches and opposing opponents. I do not agree with some of his posts but I think he adds a lot of insight to the game and I enjoy his posts. I enjoy his videos and it shows that he is not just someone running their mouth.
True I am over the top,,,
by design!.
A coach has to have presence.
A coach has to have a strong "larger than life" persona and personality....It is the only way you can truly lead kids.
Players have to want to follow you.

They get scared of authority figures at first,
then,
later they make fun of them.
..So putting fear in them is not how you get them
It is respect, not fear that makes a great coach

The player has to feel that they have dishonored their coach if they give them anything but what they're capable of.
If they feel anything but that, they will question their reason.

I have nothing to hide...,And have faced adversity head on and will continue to do so
I appreciate all of you, friend and foe on this site.
Each one of you who interchange with me, pro or con, adds to my experience and self learning

I am going to hold this team to a higher standard and be strong for the Lady Vols program
because
That is why these girls came to U Tennessee
to excel.

VOLPAT

exactly...just don't see a problem unless someone tries to make it a problem...sharing info is what we do...:D

GO LADY VOLS!
Agree. We are all Lady Vols fans and want to get along and see them succeed. I enjoy Coach Jumper's posts because they are done in the spirit of teaching more about the game. I did not know Coach Jumper's background but could recognize basketball expertise. Seems it would be easier to scroll on by, if you are bothered. Many on here, like Coach's input. Put me on that list.

I agree with this.

GameTime

Hey coach, found this thread a little late.....

Fellow Lady Vol posters, this guy is knowledgeable and basketball wise....Instead of complaining about the guy, learn from him..... After the pitiful shooting performance we have seen from the LV's the last few games, it is time someone helps these girls put the ball through the basket, before the walls come tumbling down....

And let me add, Coach Jumper is a hell of a nice guy, so give the guy some slack.
Keep shooting coach!

That is what they pay the Coaches to do GameTime. While we are on the Subject...Jump "Can Be There Tomorrow", needs to understand that these coaches do not need his help. His self-serving attitude is not needed and IMO, is uncalled for.
I serve my players, their families and my chosen organization(s).
People who know me personally will tell you I put "me" last.
...Not sure why you constantly look for negatives in me, but I understand that a person can't win over everybody.
Even the greatest philanthropists and the most "proven to be legit"religious figures in the world, have those they can't win over.
Even the most high couldn't get everyone to love him...in fact had, ardent enemies that he never even got to meet face to face.
I certainly am not in that class of examples and don't claim to be.

I do however claim to be a lifetime supporter of the LV BB program and know within myself that if I can help them in any way, I will and if my stepping away completely would benefit them, I would readily do so.

RollerVol

That is what they pay the Coaches to do GameTime. While we are on the Subject...Jump "Can Be There Tomorrow", needs to understand that these coaches do not need his help. His self-serving attitude is not needed and IMO, is uncalled for.
he probably already knows and understands that...still don't get the "self serving" attitude you speak of...Merry Christmas...;)

GO LADY VOLS!

Voltopia

Aight, aight, aight.
Hey coach, found this thread a little late.....

Fellow Lady Vol posters, this guy is knowledgeable and basketball wise....Instead of complaining about the guy, learn from him..... After the pitiful shooting performance we have seen from the LV's the last few games, it is time someone helps these girls put the ball through the basket, before the walls come tumbling down....

And let me add, Coach Jumper is a hell of a nice guy, so give the guy some slack.
Keep shooting coach!
I'm not necessarily complaining, as much as I am saying his comments can get really awkward sometimes. Because they can, and do. It's weird when you have someone who made enough attempts to either communicate or involve themselves with the Lady Vols or their activities that the athletic department (or people therein) elect to either screen or ignore their communications. And then to continue to post here about helping when the program chose to pass on the offers ... that's really weird and I'm surprised others don't find that as strange as I do. Imagine someone ending a lot of their posts on the football forum with a tag line about how they're a QB coach nd they could make Guarantano a better passer. I think most people would be like "uh, okay" and wonder why they keep saying that here.

Again, not saying this person isn't nice, or doesn't care, or doesn't know what they're talking about. None of that. I am not evaluating their offers. I'm only saying it was weird to keep making that a talking point here, especially if the program already responded in the past. And, I think that is much of why the "I can do this, I can do that" talk starts to feel like advertising. Why continue to post about that stuff here, where (presumably) the staff is not looking? What's the goal of doing so? Why not call them? Or something? Again, it just feels awkward.

Do you as well wonder why people who sing like angels have jobs as waitresses? Or the guy who makes beautiful drawings and works as a construction laborer? Could be they never had the opportunity or chance in their lifetime to show what they could do. Could be

I was perfectly content posting on volnation like I was doing and continuing to try and finish a book that I've been wanting to write all my life. And then a coach jumper thread was started and all this Fiasco that I had laid aside for so long jump right back into prominence

Last edited:

PG1

I have often wondered how come such a great coach doesn't have a job coaching.
You can stand on top of Thompson Bowling Arena and throw a stone in any direction and hit 10 of these expert AAU girl coaches who believe they are the greatest girl basketball coach around. But if they were they would get offed a paying job coaching somewhere besides AAU MS or HS. Now some of these AAU coaches are squeezing $ out of some delusional parents but that not what I mean.

You can stand on top of Thompson Bowling Arena and throw a stone in any direction and hit 10 of these expert AAU girl coaches who believe they are the greatest girl basketball coach around. But if they were they would get offed a paying job coaching somewhere besides AAU MS or HS. Now some of these AAU coaches are squeezing $ out of some delusional parents but that not what I mean.
Not everybody has your opinion and your experience regarding AAU basketball coaches. The parents in my lifetime who have given me the honor of coaching their daughters would all stand behind me and tell you I was one of their best AAU coaches. I have no doubts.

T_Vol376

Marked on VolNation
I'm not necessarily complaining, as much as I am saying his comments can get really awkward sometimes. Because they can, and do. Imagine someone ending a lot of their posts no the football forum with a tag line about how they're a QB coach nd they could make Guarantano a better passer. I think most people would be like "uh, okay" and wonder why they keep saying that here.

Again, not saying this person isn't nice, or doesn't care, or doesn't know what they're talking about. None of that. I am not evaluating their offers. I'm only saying it was weird to keep making that a talking point here, especially if the program already responded in the past. And, I think that is much of why the "I can do this, I can do that" talk starts to feel like advertising. Why continue to post about that stuff here, where (presumably) the staff is not looking? What's the goal of doing so? Why not call them? Or something? Again, it just feels awkward.
It’s beyond weird and strange. You should be sitting in the parent section at a LV game and watch him come over (wearing his orange sequined fedora) and stalk the parents.... who have frozen smiles and WTF expressions on their faces. 😳

This shows your ignorance and you're lack of Investigation. I lost that Orange fedora blowing in the wind off the railing of the Thompson-Boling Arena last year. I haven't worn it for over a year. Do your homework. And I have only sat it in the parents section three times. Once on invitation from lanesha , memes mom and twice on the invitation of Alexa Middleton's father. Other than that I have only even crossed down that aisle one time beyond that. Do your homework

Last edited:

T_Vol376

Marked on VolNation
This shows your ignorance and you're lack of Investigation. I lost at Orange fedora blowing in the wind off the railing of the Thompson-Boling Arena last year. I haven't worn it for over a year. Do your homework. And I have only sat it in the parents section three times. Once on invitation from lanesha , memes mom and twice on the invitation of Alexa Middleton's father. Other than that I have only even crossed down that aisle one time beyond that. Do your homework
I know when it was.... I was there....sitting behind you.

T_Vol376

Marked on VolNation
In a trenchcoact, I presume....

No... LOL

Hey, CJ - do you remember a couple of years ago you and a poster named @mikey2smart going back and forth? When he told you he was an assistant coach of women’s program at a junior college in Texas, you basically called him a liar and demanded he present proof, so he sent you an email and it was revealed he was Michael Madrid and was in fact, an assistant coach for San Jacinto college’s Women’s program? Here, you can jump in right here:

coaching discussion (split)

I thought you might be interested to know he made a few stops after being at San Jacinto and is now the head coach of the women’s program at Texas A&M Kingsville.

Texas A&M-Kingsville names Michael Madrid as Head Women’s Basketball Coach

Last edited:

VN Store

Sponsors