Coach Jumper

Presently about 50% through on my book on the "Intricacies of Coaching the Female Teenage Basketball Player: (With instructional DVD)"

Presently looking for an individual and a team to video-record my unique training methods and drills for both team and individuals,,
to accompany the book at purchase

And, something I enjoy that I never thought I would, being the game-thread poster for volnation

• 39 Years of coaching from every age group of female basketball players as young as 10U through college age.
  • 11 Years with the GA Pistols as their 13u-14u developmental coach
  • Have had clinics, camps and done personal training within the sport of basketball
  • I have over 440 drills in my library and have developed several unique drills for both individual and team instruction...(Like: Bang Bang...A team shooting drill that has 5 players, 4 basketballs and the potential to take 300 shots in 300 secondsw/ no shots in the paint)
  • Team Liaison for the 1996 Australian Women's Nation team during their pre-Olympic tournament in Chattanooga
  • Degree in Sports Management with a minor in athletic coaching 3.56 GPA

In focusing on teaching skills and fundamentals for so many years, I have become an expert on mechanics and the correction thereof

But enough about me,, It's 10 minutes from tipoff

mytenn

Presently about 50% through on my book on the "Intricacies of Coaching the Female Teenage Basketball Player: (With instructional DVD)"

Presently looking for an individual and a team to video-record my unique training methods and drills for both team and individuals,,

And, something I enjoy that I never thought I would, being the game-thread poster for volnation

• 39 Years of coaching from every age group of female basketball players as young as 10U through college age.
  • Have had clinics, camps and done personal training within the sport of basketball
  • I have over 440 drills in my library and have developed several unique drills for both individual and team instruction...(Like: Bang Bang...A team shooting drill that has 5 players, 4 basketballs and the potential to take 300 shots in 300 secondsw/ no shots in the paint)
  • Team Liaison for the 1996 Australian Women's Nation team during their pre-Olympic tournament in Chattanooga

In focusing on teaching skills and fundamentals for so many years, I have become an expert on mechanics and the correction thereof

Thanks Coach Jumper !

savannahfan

I come "blow my horn" (nobody else will). Just don't think this is the place for self advertising....

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy your post. Just not the place for advertising. Should be able to direct a question like this to a website or something.

I come "blow my horn" (nobody else will). Just don't think this is the place for self advertising....

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy your post. Just not the place for advertising. Should be able to direct a question like this to a website or something.
I didn't blow my horn to do so, I was asked to provide some background and did
I have nothing to hide and am more than ready to show what I know.
If I had been given the opportunity to do so we wouldn't have this thread

For those interested, you can see Coach J on YouTube.
Yes you can see 5 other videos for this kid that I worked with for a summer...In fact, please do.
He was 11 almost 12.
The first boy I had worked with in such a manner and one of only two males I have worked with in my life.
By all means, take a look. at all of those videos

He can do layups from 7 different angles with 7 different releases, He can pass with 7 different release points per and. He at one point hits 5 2's in a row from the elbow and he can touch shoot the ball off of a put-back rebound.
I am quite pleased with what he learned over one summer.
After workouts he matched up against HS'ers and ex-college players in pickup games. and scored and defended well.
I am quite proud of him.
He is a 5'5" non-elite athlete who has made every team he has tried to since then...Thanks for the plug nj

(PS off to an appt, will be offline for a while,,,be nice

Last edited:

Voltopia

Aight, aight, aight.

I agree that it does feel like advertising at times. I recall a lot of his posts from last year saying "I can be there tomorrow" or something to that effect, which felt very weird considering this is a message board and was not affiliated with the Lady Vols. I don't know what his beef was with the Lady Vol coaching staff at the time, but the Lady Vol board on VolNation did not feel like the best venue to address that or to offer his services to the program. They've got phones. Why not just contact the staff and be done with it? Anyway. Harmless enough, I guess, but also awkward at times.

T_Vol376

Marked on VolNation
I agree that it does feel like advertising at times. I recall a lot of his posts from last year saying "I can be there tomorrow" or something to that effect, which felt very weird considering this is a message board and was not affiliated with the Lady Vols. I don't know what his beef was with the Lady Vol coaching staff at the time, but the Lady Vol board on VolNation did not feel like the best venue to address that or to offer his services to the program. They've got phones. Why not just contact the staff and be done with it? Anyway. Harmless enough, I guess, but also awkward at times.
He did. So much that they had to screen his emails.

I like his post and enjoy reading most of them. It's just his continuing self promotion that bothers me.
My so called self-promotions if you'll do some research are most often prompted response to postings like the one above.

If I am attacked or questioned I respond with whatever needs to be said.
Was this posting of the boy I worked with posted to credit or discredit me or was this posting was shown on this thread to indicate that all I am able to work with is kids?

Well, instead of leaving that question out there, I need to respond to it...
In one summer this boy learned:
  • to attack a layup from both baselines, both elbows, both reverses and the top of the key on drives with different finishes...He learned seven 2-pt shot positions and 5 3 pt shot positions...He learned 7 release point from each hand in passing drills,,,he learned how to touch-shoot on put-back rebounds,,, He learned 7 different advanced 2-ball drills...He was lined up against older teens and college grads in both offense and defense 1-on-1 match-ups AFTER a two-hour workout, twice weekly for 16 weeks...and that is just what I can remember off-hand...How to go from pass reception and dribble pickup to shot release in under a second...How to face out at the elbow and pivot-one dribble drive to the hoop in under a second...more

The main difference between training him and training one of the present players is the level of expectations and proficiency's I would expect out of the bigger and stronger college level players.

Last edited:

volnationnj

Yes you can see 5 other videos for this kid that I worked with for a summer...In fact, please do.
He was 11 almost 12.
The first boy I had worked with in such a manner and one of only two males I have worked with in my life.
By all means, take a look. at all of those videos

He can do layups from 7 different angles with 7 different releases, He can pass with 7 different release points per and. He at one point hits 5 3's in a row and he can touch shoot the ball of of a put-back rebound.
I am quite pleased with what he learned over one summer.
After workouts he matched up against HS'ers and ex-college players in pickup games. and scored and defended well.
I am quite proud of him.
He is a 5'5" non-elite athlete who has made every team he has tried to since then...Thanks for the plug nj

(PS off to an appt, will be offline for a while,,,be nice
No problem.

He did. So much that they had to screen his emails.
True.
And I am not uncertain as to why...I wrote to the staff to try to get them to either back Holly fully or have the courage to stand up and not let our spiral continue...

All coaches, myself included, need at some point to be reminded that they don't know everything and that they need to accept help from others.

RollerVol

well, don't think anyone else feels like they need to "blow their horn"...btw, you are self advertising...just like everyone else who logs into this site...:D

GO LADY VOLS...BEAT SOMEBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VN Store

Sponsors