Coach Fulmer's extension..........

SMVTT

People on this board keep harping on CPF's 2 yr. contract extension. Well I've got news for you people. From what I've read/heard from some who claim to know, CF won't fulfil that 2 year extension so some of you can get off of it. I have been told that Phil won't coach beyond his previous contract date of 2011 and he neither knew of nor was offically contacted about this latest contract extension. Seems like Vicky and other family members would like to see Coach hang it up when his orginal date {2011} expires. I do know I read in a newspaper interview with CF about 2 months ago where he stated 6 -8 more years would be it for him and that he was really leaning toward 6 years due to family wishes. I'll say it again, the FB program could very well go through some tough times after Cf retires. I think the hire of the next UT FB coach will be the most important hire in history in regards to Tennessee athletics.

Groundhog_day_EK53760.jpg

If he does not win the SEC this year or next there will be a new hfb coach on the hill in 2009.

One thing I will continue to say HB, you are a dreamer and a true believer. My guess when it come to fulmer your favorite quote is from Churchhill "Never, Never, ever give up".

People on this board keep harping on CPF's 2 yr. contract extension. Well I've got news for you people. From what I've read/heard from some who claim to know, CF won't fulfil that 2 year extension so some of you can get off of it. I have been told that Phil won't coach beyond his previous contract date of 2011 and he neither knew of nor was offically contacted about this latest contract extension. Seems like Vicky and other family members would like to see Coach hang it up when his orginal date {2011} expires. I do know I read in a newspaper interview with CF about 2 months ago where he stated 6 -8 more years would be it for him and that he was really leaning toward 6 years due to family wishes. I'll say it again, the FB program could very well go through some tough times after Cf retires. I think the hire of the next UT FB coach will be the most important hire in history in regards to Tennessee athletics.

I've read this rumor before on this board. Fulmer is ready to go out and wants to wait and go out on top, ie win another SEC championship and then retire.

Fulmer is a fantastic recruiter, one of the best if not the best. But Majors was a good recruiter at UT too. UT has a lot to offer in terms of facilities, fan support, etc.

Last time I checked, Fulmer was the 8th highest paid football coach in the country. For that money, another good football can be found.

I've read this rumor before on this board. Fulmer is ready to go out and wants to wait and go out on top, ie win another SEC championship and then retire.

Fulmer is a fantastic recruiter, one of the best if not the best. But Majors was a good recruiter at UT too. UT has a lot to offer in terms of facilities, fan support, etc.

Last time I checked, Fulmer was the 8th highest paid football coach in the country. For that money, another good football can be found.
I hope like heck we can find at least a dozen footballs for that kind of money:p .

If he does not win the SEC this year or next there will be a new hfb coach on the hill in 2009.

I would tend to agree with that sentiment. The natives are getting restless and Hamilton made our goals regarding success very clear a few months back.

Anyone arguing that we won't find success by opening up the checkbook to some fresh, new talent needs only look about 500 miles to our South for a nice example of this type of project.

VN Store

Back