Close but no cigar

OrangeNehi

When you've tied the game with 11 seconds to go and you've still got the ball in your hands, as Hopson did at the line, you have to feel good about your chances. But with the miss Tennessee did not get back on defense, and that was what Izzo instructed his team during the time out. If Hopson makes that one free throw, MSU has to inbound, and the pressure shifts to MSU. And it might have been. In truth, where the game was lost was when the Vols led by 5, 50-45 with 15:46 to go ... and MSU went on a 14-1 run. We had a lot of missed shots and "blocks" in that swing which should have been called fouls. What were the officials looking at? In the end, it was defense, our mainstay, that cost us the game. Izzo is not God, but he beat us on that missed free throw. No one can say that we are not a legitimate basketball school. We'll be ranked in the top five pre-season next year. Go Vols!

I dont think the game was lost at 15:46 but them credit for coming back when the score was 59-51 with about 9:00 in the game the team easily could of gave up.

What aspect of losing 3 starters will make us a preseason top five team?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Tobias is good, but he's not Michael Jordan. There will be a drop off at the beginning of next year. It will take a while to get the team on the same page.

In my opinion, the Vols got further than I expected. I had the Vols losing in the second round. With Goergetown getting upset, that may have led the Vols to the "elite 8." Regardless, it was an exciting season. We beat Kansas, who was #1 at that time. We beat Kentucky when they were #2 and we should have beaten Purdue. Regardless of how you look at it, either 1 or 2 points kept the Vols from advancing to their first Final 4! How would you rank this team against the one that beat Memphis 3 years ago and ended up with a 30-5 record?

Top25 maybe.

the reasons we will be better next year are many.williams will drop 20 more lbs and be a beast,hopson will mature in his junior year and be the player we thought he was {remember how bad orince was last year} goins is already excellent and will be a great point guard as he will improve his ball handlilng skills. tatum will flourish as an offensive threat and will be great as a starter.hall and maymon will split minutes and give us 12 boards a game and play solid interior defense. harris and golden will develop and best of all steven pearls minutes will all go to bone who has playedw ell when given the chance

the reasons we will be better next year are many.williams will drop 20 more lbs and be a beast,hopson will mature in his junior year and be the player we thought he was {remember how bad orince was last year} goins is already excellent and will be a great point guard as he will improve his ball handlilng skills. tatum will flourish as an offensive threat and will be great as a starter.hall and maymon will split minutes and give us 12 boards a game and play solid interior defense. harris and golden will develop and best of all steven pearls minutes will all go to bone who has playedw ell when given the chance

I like the enthusiasm, but you maybe setting yourself up for disappointment expecting all those things to happen. I would be happy if just 1 or 2 did.

You think pollsters are going to see all u said????? Come on... UT will be top 25 preseason and let's enjoy the end to this year and what might be

The loss was disappointing...obviously. The freshman next will play a big big role next year. IMO Trae golden should still he a five star. He can flat out fill it up. Shooting or slashing he can score. Jordan mcrae is built like Tatum but shoots better. Harris should play the three in the first starting lineup with hall at the four and williAms at the 5. Tatum or hopson will start at the two with goins starting pg. If goins go to that Chris Paul camp that maze went to I think he will be a beast. His offense will improve and his defense is already very good. Maymon will play a key role and might have to step up Into a bigger role than most expect if hall doesn't step up. Don't forget woolridge has the whole offseason to improve and I believe he will. Woolridge is the hardest worker on this team and it will eventually pay off. Here is my depth chart for next season...
PG: Goins- Golden- Bone
SG: Tatum- hopson- mcrae
SF: Harris- Woolridge/ mcrae/Tatum
PF: Hall- Maymon- harris
C: Williams- Hall

something tells me williams is about as good as hes going to get talent wise... optimists like yourself said the exact same thing about hopson last year... i like how next year looks for our team, but i dont know that they will be better than this year.

VN Store

Back