Cliches and tired scripts from tv and movies

The nurse of some sort who stitches up the bad boy/good guy , but always falls in love with said guy

The black person gets killed first.

*Joe isn't racist!

All the protagonist has to do is say something witty and look her in the eye and they're bumping uglies 3 seconds later.

Use of the Wilhelm Scream.

Canned sound effects that almost ruin a good movie. Case in point: the canned dolphin sounds near the end of "The Bourne Identity" as the camera pans up to a small village on the Greek coast where Marie has set up shop as a tour guide. The dolphin sounds are seemingly lifted directly from the 60's TV show "Flipper".

Reactions: 1 person
This kind of applies to most modern movies but everyone looking like supermodels. One of the reasons why I appreciate a movie like Jaws is the fact that every single actor in that movie is relatable. They all look like ordinary people, which makes the characters seem more real. I swear if they re made Jaws today, Hugh Jackman would be Quint, Channing Tatum would play Officer Brody, Scarlett Johansen would play his wife, George Clooney would play the mayor, and Bradley Cooper would play Hooper.

Use of the Wilhelm Scream.

Canned sound effects that almost ruin a good movie. Case in point: the canned dolphin sounds near the end of "The Bourne Identity" as the camera pans up to a small village on the Greek coast where Marie has set up shop as a tour guide. The dolphin sounds are seemingly lifted directly from the 60's TV show "Flipper".

one sound effect that kills me in The Matrix. when all the matrix guys are fighting Neo, he throw one of them at a group and you hear the sound of bowling pins being. i don't know if it was on purpose because of the The Matrix, or just a mess up by the sound dept.

one thing i don't like are the fake items, brinks cola, etc.. have normal items like coke, pepsi, post cereal. if you want it to be real, have real products. i know the argument towards that but i don't agree.

Reactions: 1 person
one thing i don't like are the fake items, brinks cola, etc.. have normal items like coke, pepsi, post cereal. if you want it to be real, have real products. i know the argument towards that but i don't agree.

Fake money too. I don't notice it as much these days but not terribly long ago, currency in movies might as well had been Monopoly money.

product placement becomes annoying, though. Sometimes, it's so over-the-top you wonder if you're watching a movie or a commercial.

Pretty cool in Tarantino movies tho. Red Apple cigarettes...Fruit Brute cereal? He has a style.

looking back yeah, but place yourself back in the 80's when you watched it as a kid. it was awsome

Agree. Loved me some A team as a kid. When I see reruns now I realize how corny the whole premise was. Of course that's true with most of the shows I grew up with.

VN Store

Back