Clemson's Danny Pearman - racial slur

I heard about this. Dabo sure has had some bad press recently.
I think Dabo has been disliked by many national media types for a long time, despite his success, because of his overt (and in my opinion, purposely conspicuous and preening) religiosity. If given a chance to, I think they'll turn on him so fast it'll make your head spin. I wouldn't expect many in the media to come to his defense.

A ton of people like Dabo because of what they feel he represents, but a ton of people hate him for that same reason and would eat it up if the media turned negative on him. Very Tebow-like, although I've gotten the impression that Tebow's beliefs are probably more genuine.

I think Dabo has been disliked by many national media types for a long time, despite his success, because of his overt (and in my opinion, purposely conspicuous and preening) religiosity. If given a chance to, I think they'll turn on him so fast it'll make your head spin. I wouldn't expect many in the media to come to his defense.

A ton of people like Dabo because of what they feel he represents, but a ton of people hate him for that same reason and would eat it up if the media turned negative on him. Very Tebow-like, although I've gotten the impression that Tebow's beliefs are probably more genuine.
I pretty much agree with all of that. I’ve never really bought into his schtick. His whole “Little ole Clemson” crap gets old too.

This is DAF. He didnt call someone this, he was having a teaching moment.

There is no apology necessary. This world is screwed.
I agree, under these circumstances, this should be forgivable in a sane world. Nonetheless, the Fall of Clemson would present a great opportunity to UT.

Reactions: preacherwebb
I agree, under these circumstances, this should be forgivable in a sane world. Nonetheless, the Fall of Clemson would present a great opportunity to UT.

Indeed, but I cant get on board if it was caused by something like this. I love my UT sports but not at the expense of a world gone crazy.

Reactions: tbh and onevol74
Love it for Clemson! They wedged themselves to the front of the line negative recruiting when the Title IX lawsuit began...and haven’t stopped since. Welcome to the double part of that double edged sword.

Last edited:
It’ll have an impact. How much is subject to time.
He said it, he didn't call the player it.

"Three years ago on the practice field, I made a grave mistake involving D.J. Greenlee. I repeated a racial slur I overheard when trying to stop the word from being used on the practice field. What I overheard, I had no right to repeat," Pearman said in the statement.

Pearman said the word was not directed at Greenlee, an account the former player confirmed in his interview with The State, noting that Pearman "wasn't saying that I was a N-word."

"Three years ago on the practice field, I made a grave mistake involving D.J. Greenlee. I repeated a racial slur I overheard when trying to stop the word from being used on the practice field. What I overheard, I had no right to repeat," Pearman said in the statement.

Pearman said the word was not directed at Greenlee, an account the former player confirmed in his interview with The State, noting that Pearman "wasn't saying that I was a N-word."
Welcome to negative recruiting. Facts are secondary in importance if factors whatsoever. You add that a former letterman called out his HC on social media? Don’t think Mack Brown can use that...or isn’t already?

This is insanity. He was making the effort to STOP the use of it. And the player confirms that.

My goodness the stupidity in this world is overflowing. Excuse my rant, I am agreeing with you completely.

Welcome to negative recruiting. Facts are secondary in importance if factors whatsoever. You add that a former letterman called out his HC on social media? Don’t think Mack Brown can use that...or isn’t already?
He was called out by a walk-on who didn’t even have the facts straight lol

Dabo Swinney has definitely negative recruited against us, probably as much as anyone over the last five years.

Reactions: butchna
This is DAF. He didnt call someone this, he was having a teaching moment.

There is no apology necessary. This world is screwed.
Are you a Clemson fan or a Vol fan? Do you not understand facts are irrelevant, we twist the message to our benefit. Dabo and the entire staff should resign, and Trevor Lawrence and Travis Etienne should receive immediate transfers to the University of Tennessee

Reactions: allvol123
Are you a Clemson fan or a Vol fan? Do you not understand facts are irrelevant, we twist the message to our benefit. Dabo and the entire staff should resign, and Trevor Lawrence and Travis Etienne should receive immediate transfers to the University of Tennessee
Thank you for repeating what has never been uttered...sincerely...no blue.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
I don't think some of you are aware of Dabo Swinney's recruiting tactics against Tennessee. He would have no moral reservations about using such a thing against us. Whether it was fair or not, he would try and use it.

Last edited:
I don't think some of you are aware of Dabo Swinney's recruiting tactics against Tennessee. He would have no moral reservations about using such a thing against us. Whether it was fair or not, he would try and use it.
This is correct. Swinney is a bastard and we owe him no sympathy.

Reactions: escapegoat2
This is correct. Swinney is a bastard and we owe him no sympathy.
He was definitely one of the coaches that played up our Title IX lawsuit from a few years ago to recruits. He was trying to make a bigger deal of it than it ever truly was. I have no idea why a Tennessee fan would be coming to his defense on here. There should be no doubt that he would use anything he could while negative recruiting against Tennessee.... but we're supposed to be fair with him? Nah, doesn't work that way.

What is everyone’s thoughts about the asst. coach making a racial slur in 2017. I live in SC and of course all the gamecock fans say Dabo should be fired or resign because he didn’t punish the coach. What’s everyone’s thoughts on the matter?

VN Store

Back