Clemson to mimic Tennessee offense

Wow, he said they were snapping the ball in 15 seconds? That is just a little over 6 seconds faster than we averaged last season (21.3). That seems hard to believe.

I do think Clemson's defense is deeper than our's was last year which should help them. It was tough on our defense being on the field so long.

Rumor has it that ESPN Orange Bowl game announcers are still talking about Clubnik and the narrative. Plans are to run a full length documentary and a reality series about his personal life, family, eating habits, boyfriends, and showering habits. Meanwhile they still don't know the name of #58 on our team.
It was ridiculous.

Do you guys realize Cade has his own website where he sells his merch?...Yeah be sure to sign up for all the updates on Cade and be sure to join the Klub!...LMAO Cade Klubnik

I searched and searched his site for a picture of Cade sidestepping Beasley but I couldn't find one. Guess they don't exist.... huh??

GO VOLS!!!!

Most interesting thing I found about that clip is how they had Klubnik’s Twitter and Instagram feed links up on the board behind him. Does TN do that for players when they’re interviewed? Maybe this is a case where we need to copy Clemson? 🤷🏻

Anything new and successful is always mimicked. The wishbone, the west coast offense, the veer, the spread. It's inevitable.

Dabble is just the first among many others who will seek to duplicate The Rapid Vols Motion (RVM) offense. Just as we had copycats of the wishbone, fun and gun, etc. The highest form of flattery. I still think the Heup will out scheme opponents just the same. Such flattery.

Watching the highlight, I didn't realize how much our DL bullied Clemson's OL. The consistent penetrations was astonishing.
Heupel thinks of new wrinkles to it constantly. That invisible man play against Missouri was just plain mean. It’s constantly evolving, and no one else has his brain.

Heupel thinks of new wrinkles to it constantly. That invisible man play against Missouri was just plain mean. It’s constantly evolving, and no one else has his brain.

Obviously, I missed the invisible man in the Mizzou game. I think I saw it in the Bama game, where they hid Hyatt behind a lineman, he burst out scored a TD. But anybody got the Mizzou invisible play?

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Based off what? His Orange Bowl performance??

I'll take Nico ANYDAY over Cade Klubnut...

So would I. But it can both be true that Klubnik will be good and that he still won’t be as good as Nico. He was a true freshman last year, won the ACC championship game MVP and showed a lot of upside. He’ll have an excellent career at Clemson, barring injury.

I loved that play. Was hoping we would see it again in another game.

Imitation is the highest form of flattery. But you don't have that O without that playcaller. It isn't just a "system" that you plug and play.

The way they run it just gives the playcaller some extra levers to pull. All of them call a play. They try to set a D up and call plays that exploit weaknesses. They all try to set up favorable match ups.

Heupel's O gives the playcaller the power to control situational substitutions, impact/deny defensive communication and audibles, and tire defensive players out both physically and mentally. It takes something special to do all the things every playcaller does plus use tempo like Heupel does to manipulate the opposition in critical ways.

Reactions: Fightmaker
Great stuff guys. I love Heupel's offense. He really did take the best of the Air Raid he learned from Leach and mix it with Art Briles RPO. I am not sure any other coach has done that.

VN Store

Back