Clemson DT transfer Josh Belk

Hard pass! He has family "issues" that he's dealing with and obviously doesn't have his heart and mind 100% on football. We NEED players 100% dedicated, 24/7.

IMO... the kid should seek a waiver from the NCAA to stop his eligibility clock and take care of his family first. Once resolved... Have at it!

What's out there in the media is overblown at this point.

He's visiting Tennessee and the staff will decide from there if he's a take. Brining him in for a visit is smart..

5-star recruit at a position where we have a desperate need. Not easy to find.

Reactions: 5 people
it is curious, how is going to TN closer to home if he's from SC? he's like 40 minutes from Columbia, maybe an hour from Clemson. it's a solid 4 hours to Knoxville from where he's from.

What's out there in the media is overblown at this point.

He's visiting Tennessee and the staff will decide from there if he's a take. Brining him in for a visit is smart..

5-star recruit at a position where we have a desperate need. Not easy to find.
yeah, you at least ask the question and find out for yourself. agreed.

You could be 100% right. He could also be a head case, or not quite the talent they thought he was after spring practice.

True, very possible.

My guess is Dabo likes the PR of it, being the opposite of Saban's way. Instead of blocking him he says you know what, go ahead son, do what's best for you. Go anywhere you like, no hard feelings. It also shows his confidence in his current roster and recruiting. Dabo's saying, we don't need this 5 star to play this fall and we'll just recruit more to replace him, nbd. JMO

Reactions: 6 people
True, very possible.

My guess is Dabo likes the PR of it, being the opposite of Saban's way. Instead of blocking him he says you know what, go ahead son, do what's best for you. Go anywhere you like, no hard feelings. It also shows his confidence in his current roster and recruiting. Dabo's saying, we don't need this 5 star to play this fall and we'll just recruit more to replace him, nbd. JMO

agreed.

That “no visits after you commit” policy was bound to have casualties.

Reactions: 4 people
We obviously don’t know the whole story. I’m skeptical but hey, David took a group of guys who were all either in distress, in debt, or discontent and turned them into the mightiest army of all-time.

Reactions: 1 person
Hard pass! He has family "issues" that he's dealing with and obviously doesn't have his heart and mind 100% on football. We NEED players 100% dedicated, 24/7.

IMO... the kid should seek a waiver from the NCAA to stop his eligibility clock and take care of his family first. Once resolved... Have at it!

SMH. This is up there with the “they can’t have fun...they can’t have a social life...if they’re not selling their souls to the program, we don’t want em...classes are even optional.” train of thought.

Or it was just an excuse to get out because he realized he was 3rd string at best on Clemson's DL and could transfer to UT or USC and play right away? We'll find out soon if visits to schools not named South Carolina happen.

Once he gets released, I would think more options get weighed.

We obviously don’t know the whole story. I’m skeptical but hey, David took a group of guys who were all either in distress, in debt, or discontent and turned them into the mightiest army of all-time.

Well, it depends on who the writer is getting his info from; Is it the player or a parent, or is it his 3rd cousin's barber?

Belk might be good here, butI will wait and see about it being something of Biblical proportions.

Reactions: 2 people
Or it was just an excuse to get out because he realized he was 3rd string at best on Clemson's DL and could transfer to UT or USC and play right away? We'll find out soon if visits to schools not named South Carolina happen.

Hoping this is what it is and he rolls on over to Knoxville. We need help with our defensive front, whenever he can get here.

Let's not overlook 3rd string after one spring ball session as an incoming freshman. He has all the time in the world to show he is worthy.

Reactions: 3 people
My comment was underlined with sarcasm. Yes, it would be a steal with the main reason being what you mentioned. One Spring under his belt.

VN Store

Back