Clausens=Leaks?

hvwarrior58

VN GURU
there is an article in the kns today where big jim clausen says that they are no longer officially considering ut for jimmys college choice. he lists favorites as southern cal, michigan, and notre dame. he says that he does not approve of how ricks situation is being handled.

:dunno:

Sounds like the Clausens need to grow up. Punishing UT for facing reality and making hard decisions for the best interests of the team is very childish. I thought they had more class and wisdom than that. In overlooking TN the Clausens may want to consider that the devil you do know is alot better than the devil you don't know. I'm sure that there are alot of programs out there offering the Clausens the moon. The NFL's MVP loved his experince at UT so much that he stayed a 5th year. Your talents make room for you at TN. I wish all the Clausen's had the talent Jimmy does or Peyton has but they don't. And to blame that on TN or punish them for it is absurd and childish. I hope the press are reading the Clausens wrong and that they will consider the wisdom of the truth instead of the deception of emotion and hype.

Leaving family issues out of it, with Crompton in the wings and a less than impressive offensive scheme/coordinator geared toward ruinning the ball, why would Jimmy want to come to UT?

I have grown so tired of the whole recruiting process. It was fine until the recruiting services got involved and turned every high profile kid's decision into a soap opera.

...and as far as him not approving of how Rick's situation is being handled. As a Father, why in the world would you come out publicly and say something like that while your kid was still playing? It puts Rick in a really awkward position. Sounds like a Little League dad run amok.

i understand about crompton, but why take ur chances with southern cal or michigan or notre dame? usc has the #1 qb from last year in mark sanchez and are very much in it for one of the top qbs this year in tim tebow. they also lost their oc in norm chow. by the time jc graduates, usc might not have a high-powered offense. notre dame is breaking in a new coach and we know how that went with their last coach, one fluke year and then a collapse. michigan has henne, a one year wonder. they have moderately good qbs but nothing like peyton. they also dont have the most powerful offense in the world.

I think it has more to do with UT's offensive production so far and Sanders. Maybe the whole Rick thing just pushed it over the edge.

Why would you send the best QB prospect in 25 years to Sanders? If you were his father what would you do? I love UT, but at this point I would not send my son to the VOLs if he played on the offensive side of the ball.

Let the guy stay in California....as long as he doesnt end up in fla, south carolina or bama, i could really care less. and im sure i speak for most when i say that.

Jimmy will be a good QB, but we will survive without him. Besides, I don't think that Jimmy was really considering coming here anyway.

Fulmer should not have had a qb situation reach this far into the season. I supported RC when he was playing and when he was designated the started, but Eric was the starter when he was injured last season and it should have been his when returned.
To the parents of RC, stop your whining. Your son is team captain, has been offered Grad assist job next year, and Cotton bowl MVP. He had his chance against UF. Fulmer is now putting the future for the next 3 seasons in his hands. You sound like those angry little league parents.

Chris Simms went elsewhere and we survived, Chrissy Leak went elsewhere and we survived (except for 1 game in the swamp and he didn't beat us, we beat ourselves) let Jimmy take his ball and go play somewhere else we will survive.

You know what I think. I think he is a junior in high school and the chance of him going to either Notre Dame, USC, or Michigan are very slim. Shoot guys commit a week before signing day and then change their mind (i.e. remember Hardesty, sorry UNC). Him saying right now that he isn't considering UTK is meaningless. UTK's offense will pick up this season and then Rick is being retained as a Grad Asst next year...there is PLENTY of time for his mind to change about going to college. However, even if he does'nt come to UTK its not some kind of program devastating event. Who knows, maybe if we replace Sanders as OC that would also change his outlook on UTK. Cutcliffe as OC next season? Hmmm? Who agrees with me that this will happen?

Crompton will show young Jimmy he made a wise decision, especially when TN beats his :naughty: team's ass when they meet.

Ahh- whoe cares - last time I checked we have a whole team to field - on recruit doth not a team maketh - err..or something like that

Originally posted by brg72@Sep 26, 2005 12:51 PM
What is your definition of survival?  Zero Sec titles since Simms bolted.
[snapback]150373[/snapback]​

how about not dredging the bottom of the SEC like Vandy, KY, SC, OL Miss(after Eli), Miss ST

How about not going thru 3-4 coaches in as many years. How about beating bama 9-10 yrs, how about beating Ga, Fl, with freshmen QBs?

How about the 2nd best QB in UT history(Clausen)
How about 2Rbs with over 1000 yrds

need I go on? :ninja:

Originally posted by volmanjr@Sep 26, 2005 2:36 PM
how about not dredging the bottom of the SEC like Vandy, KY, SC, OL Miss(after Eli), Miss ST

How about not going thru 3-4 coaches in as many years. How about beating bama 9-10 yrs, how about beating Ga, Fl, with freshmen QBs?

need I go on? :ninja:
[snapback]150401[/snapback]​

Point taken. I am beginning to believe there is too much competition to amass unbeatable talent in the SEC (like USC). They are basically a team of Cal allstars mixed in with some of the better talent across the country. However, we cannot continue to be outcoached against good coaches.

It seems as though all the preseason talk about our talent has everyone, including myself wound up with failed anticipation.

I was just as let down by the Florida debackle (is that a word?) as anyone , but there is still alot of football to be played and we're doing it in the toughest conference(sorry Milo) in the nation and there are several teams (some of which have won titles since we have) that I wouldn't trade places with for anything. There are afew that if UT stopped playing football tomorrow that I could cheer for but the others, I would convert to watching hockey, golf and soccer before I would pull for them.

Originally posted by volmanjr@Sep 26, 2005 3:42 PM
I was just as let down by the Florida debackle (is that a word?) as anyone , but there is still alot of football to be played and we're doing it in the toughest conference(sorry Milo) in the nation and there are several teams (some of which have won titles since we have) that I wouldn't trade places with for anything. There are afew that if UT stopped playing football tomorrow that I could cheer for but the others, I would convert to watching hockey, golf and soccer before I would pull for them.
[snapback]150429[/snapback]​

I felt letdown when UT played UAB as well. But I was also upset when Patrick Turner went to USC. It is pretty crazy when your mood is dependent on choices of an 18 year old kid, or a team full of them for that matter. I am with you. The game of football is bigger than the Vols. All that said I still find it puzzling that we struggle mightly with teams less talented than the Vols.

forget jimmy. we are not going to make a bad decsision now so we get a good player in 2 year when we are already set from now until crompton leaves.

need I go on?right

Perhaps survival is not the term you should have used. Try indifferent or apathetic. Technically, if you can accept the last 6 years as surviving then you are right. They still play football, win or lose. If getting by with good stats and zero championships are ok with you should have chosen accepting the other terms mentioned above.
Ky, Vandy, MSU, Ole Miss. Bama all survived. They suck though but they have survived. SMU did not survive at one point.
Your stats are all fine and dandy if that makes you feel good but I rather i have that team championship banner than some qb breaking some passing yardage or having 1000 yards rushing. Your right we have survived, but we have not excelled according to preseason publications or in bowls. We got our ASSES kicked by ACC teams in the peach bowl. I guess we still survived though. Dog Gonnit lets just have have good stats we just survive. LOL

All I'm saying is I'm behind my Vols win or lose and missing out on the wonderful Mr. ClausenIII will not make a snowball's difference in hades to me or this team somebody will step up and don the Orange in his place. If you are not satisfied with the performance of this team since we lost Simms then go jump on the Vandy bandwagon maybe they're overachievment we satify you better than UT's underachievement has.

Originally posted by hvwarrior58@Sep 26, 2005 8:52 AM
there is an article in the kns today where big jim clausen says that they are no longer officially considering ut for jimmys college choice. he lists favorites as southern cal, michigan, and notre dame. he says that he does not approve of how ricks situation is being handled.

:dunno:
[snapback]150243[/snapback]​

Can anyone say blackmail? If this is what the Clausens are about, then let them go.

VN Store

Back