Class of 2020 - WR class

Anyone else feel like this class might end up being the best in the nation at the WR position?

With the interior OL being among the best group in the nation, I feel like it could open up the field more for our WRs. We will be a threat to run between the tackles and teams will have to load the middle to stop our ground game. This should leave more space for our wide receivers to operate. I just wish Trey, BK and Cade we’re gonna be with us through the 2021 season
This year or eventually?

depth chart:

WR Palmer/ Keyton/ Wideman
WR Venus Jones/ Brandon Johnson/ Tillman
Slot Gibbs/ Beckwith/ Holiday

Holiday will be at QB until he doesn't believe he can win the job. Having one of the fastest kids in the country (Hyatt) on the bench just doesn't seem smart. Even if you just motion him, and hand the ball to him. Got to get him involved early, and often!

I think you need to slow down a bit. Palmer started to show his talent last year but the rest of the guys will be green. The timing between the and receivers takes time and with this virus stuff slowing things down it could just as well be ugly.

We also have Brandon Johnson who has considerable experience. His sophmore year was very promising.

Gibbs is a former 5 star talent. Was a beast at WR in high school. Lots of good reports about him.

And of course Keyton had a 2 huge catches in the bowl game, looks super athletic, and is a former 4 star as well.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
depth chart:

WR Palmer/ Keyton/ Wideman
WR Venus Jones/ Brandon Johnson/ Tillman
Slot Gibbs/ Beckwith/ Holiday
You're seriously underestimating Jalin Hyatt.
He's one of the most polished WR the moment he steps on campus. And he'll be the fastest.

He could eventually be the number 2 guy as a freshman. You have 9 people over him?

I think people should get ready for receivers by committee this year. Pruitt wants the offense to be disguised. He doesn’t want you to be able to see a receiver on the field and know what play is coming at you. So they will disguise it by having many different receivers rotate in and out per game.

I expect to see a lot of the receivers listed as well as a few freshman from time to time.

1 - Palmer
2 - Keaton
3 - Johnson / Tillman / Montgomery
4 - Jones / Gibbs
5 - Hyatt / Wiedman (Rotational guys for speed and athleticism)

I think people should get ready for receivers by committee this year. Pruitt wants the offense to be disguised. He doesn’t want you to be able to see a receiver on the field and know what play is coming at you. So they will disguise it by having many different receivers rotate in and out per game.

I expect to see a lot of the receivers listed as well as a few freshman from time to time.

1 - Palmer
2 - Keaton
3 - Johnson / Tillman / Montgomery
4 - Jones / Gibbs
5 - Hyatt / Wiedman (Rotational guys for speed and athleticism)

The ceilings of 4 and 5 is crazy! I'm more excited about 5 than any WR combo we have ever signed! Both of those guys could be day 1 draft picks.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Interesting quotes from the 247 article on Hyatt:

“Before signing day, two of them came: Georgia and Alabama,” said Hyatt, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 113 overall prospect and No. 19 wide receiver in the 2020 class. “Georgia really pushed me to not sign — not sign early. They really pushed me to do it, and I didn’t do it.

“I was locked in 100 percent. I knew that’s where I wanted to be, so I definitely knew that. But Georgia and Alabama were really the big ones that hit me up right before signing day. Florida and all them, the ones I had offers from, they all died down. I just told them straight up, I wasn’t trying to waste their time. I just told them, ‘I will sign at Tennessee,’ so that died down.

“But Georgia and ‘Bama came later. They came late — like, right before the early signing period.”

“Before signing day, two of them came: Georgia and Alabama,” said Hyatt, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 113 overall prospect and No. 19 wide receiver in the 2020 class. “Georgia really pushed me to not sign — not sign early. They really pushed me to do it, and I didn’t do it.

“I was locked in 100 percent. I knew that’s where I wanted to be, so I definitely knew that. But Georgia and Alabama were really the big ones that hit me up right before signing day. Florida and all them, the ones I had offers from, they all died down. I just told them straight up, I wasn’t trying to waste their time. I just told them, ‘I will sign at Tennessee,’ so that died down.

“But Georgia and ‘Bama came later. They came late — like, right before the early signing period.”
Wow. Just step in on your rivals' big croots out of nowhere and ask them to not sign, knowing you are Alabama and have weight you can throw around. I hope we drag their asses for the next 100 years.

Not surprising at all.

Bama already has Devonte Smith. Hyatt is very similar to him. He'll be a 1st rnd pick in 2021. UGA and Clemson need deep threats.

I'm still very suprised Clemson never came aftet this kid...

Reactions: dagley07
Holiday will be at QB until he doesn't believe he can win the job. Having one of the fastest kids in the country (Hyatt) on the bench just doesn't seem smart. Even if you just motion him, and hand the ball to him. Got to get him involved early, and often!

Maybe this one is better then:

WR - Palmer/ Keyton/ Wideman
WR - Brandon Johnson/ Tillman/ Hyatt
Slot - Velus Jones/ Gibbs/ Beckwith

VN Store

Back