Class of 07 Football Recruting

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had offers from Florida, Florida State, LSU, Auburn. But he is only a 3-star. I am a little concerned taking someone with such a low star rating. It is definately a signal of our recruiting demise. He must be an average player at best.

(since tone can't be recognized in typing, that was sarcasam)

In the KNS article on the same player he is quoted as saying he has no interest in FSU. Only time will tell.

let's hope that the criminoles miss one in their backyard as we did with brandon warren

On a side note, anybody noticed what Warren has been doing at FSU? I have, what a waste. He is wasting that talent away on a bad FSU team. He is playing significant snaps and doing well as a true freshman at TE.

Why would he commit if he's going to change after a visit somewhere else? Does he really even need to visit FSU? He friggin lives in Tallahassee.

I agree with you there, tiddy. No doubt that he has been to several games at Doak through the years. He wouldn't be the first we got out of Tallahassee. Tony Robinson and Constantin Ritzmann are among the most notable we have snapped up from the area in the past.

...and I couldn't care less how many stars he had. Ryan Karl wasn't that big a deal; but now he is an impact starter. I think Al Wilson wasn't all that touted out of Jackson, either. Shoot, look at Arian Foster! Cal wouldn't even recruit him. We recruited him by accident. Is there anybody here who doesn't believe he is a great addition to the team?

I'd rather have a middle-of-the-road recruiting class of quality individuals than a #1 class filled with the inevitable pot-heads, hot-heads, and idiots.

I agree with you there, tiddy. No doubt that he has been to several games at Doak through the years. He wouldn't be the first we got out of Tallahassee. Tony Robinson and Constantin Ritzmann are among the most notable we have snapped up from the area in the past.

...and I couldn't care less how many stars he had. Ryan Karl wasn't that big a deal; but now he is an impact starter. I think Al Wilson wasn't all that touted out of Jackson, either. Shoot, look at Arian Foster! Cal wouldn't even recruit him. We recruited him by accident. Is there anybody here who doesn't believe he is a great addition to the team?

I'd rather have a middle-of-the-road recruiting class of quality individuals than a #1 class filled with the inevitable pot-heads, hot-heads, and idiots.
Exactly. Have a class with good kids with their heads on straight who are talented, just not as talented as the top players, and "play their butts off" will win you more games than a bunch of thugs. Look at Miami.

he is a kicker from maryville and he has hit over 60 yards before in practice believe me ive seen it. anybody that knows him and has seen him play knows what im talkin about. there is an article in the prep xtra on the back page. he's gonna kick somewhere next year and make an impact but his love is for UT we needa get this one

I think we'll already have two PK on our roster next year. Cunningham and Daniel Lincoln... that is, unless Cunningham is a punter. Both of which are on scholarships.

yea i know but... i think we should still get him. he is awesome.. anyone that has ever been to a maryville game, every PAT he kicks go over the trees that are probly 65 ft tall atleast and into the next street or on the other side he kicks it over the building behind the goal posts . in the first game every kickoff went completely OUT of the back of the endzone. we need to get him

Geez... I say give him a scholly... even if it's just for kickoff duties for his first year or two.

Daryl Vereen:

Vereen has 105 rushes for 1,082 yards and 15 touchdoowns.
this season..

It sounds like we have several underrated recruits. From what I've heard, it seems both Vereen and B.J. Coleman are much better players than their "star rating" (which is admittedly an inexact science) indicates.

These players were all ranked 3* or worse.
Jason Hall-2*
Marvin Mitchell-3*
Antwan Stewart-3*
Corey Campbell-3*
Roshaun Fellows-3*
Jonathan Hefney-3*
Brandon Johnson-3*
Chris Brown-2*
Arian Foster-3*
Inky Johnson-2*
Ryan Karl-2*
Austin Rogers-3*

All these players were/are major contributors. This shows that the * rating doesn't amount to anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back