CJP not as hyped about the O-line as he was.

Exactly. I read it like he has a bunch of high performers (or else they would't be in that subset). He's trying to find the Beatles in the Tabernacle Choir.

Fake News:

Meanwhile, VQ produces a more accurate summation here (see #3)

VolQuest - The Monday 3-2-1
For those without a sub to the site, here is the most pertinent info regarding the OL

“I think as soon as you can find your five best players and try to put them in the positions you need them at, the sooner the better. It's like anything else. You also don't want to do it so early that you're losing competition, too. We want to let this thing play out and see who the best players are. I'm interested about that. It will be good to see,” offensive coordinator Jim Chaney said when asked about how quick he needed to find his five.

Yeah, I tried to block most of the Florida/Tenn games out of my mind. Remind me again why the line decided to look like statues? I forgot the deal with that........
I can't remember what Butch said his reasoning was but I'm sure it was just as dumb as life champions and leadership reps.

Reactions: NATHAN05
this. and it's after scrimmage #1. all the news, good and bad, from this weekend is all still a work in progress.....

honestly, i wouldn't expect a ton of praise on most positions/position groups after the 1st scrimmage.
Mostly generating film to use to work on the areas that need improvement in the different position groups.

Well...that would make sense...since...NOBODY on this PLANET should be "hyped" about the Tennessee Vols Offensive Line...

Till they prove otherwise.

1*gr6ZA7LgPr2d37GBRBB12g.gif

QBdied.gif

2018-09-19-Tennessee-RB-tackled-in-backfield-against-3-man-line.gif

fumble.gif

2018-09-19-Tennessee-RB-tackles-in-backfield.gif
Do you keep these gifs in your favorites ready to post? 😂

Reactions: Volanta
Well...that would make sense...since...NOBODY on this PLANET should be "hyped" about the Tennessee Vols Offensive Line...

QBdied.gif

fumble.gif

My take is this, none of these videos show this year's line, Thank the good Lord.

Last edited:
Reactions: VarnellVol
So, is Trey no contact because he's just not back in shape yet, or is there still a lingering problem with the lung clot?

This article says a lot. But watch the video of Trey Smith. If it weren't for the fact that he did it to another TN player, it would be comical. But it does tell you why we need him back. The difference in our O-line with and without him is so immense. Here's to hoping he stays healthy and can reach his potential.

Jeremy Pruitt doesn't sound as optimistic as he did when camp started
Is Trey officially in the clear? Hoping that kid is good to go .. seems like a GREAT person and a GREAT football player

Reactions: VolsnRavens
So, is Trey no contact because he's just not back in shape yet, or is there still a lingering problem with the lung clot?
No one knows for certain, but I think being out of shape can be ruled out. Most indications are that he was doing everything but actual contact.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE

They are not wasting his contact on practice. They are managing him by allowing him to slowly return to full participation.
I for one do not care if he has any full contact until GA State. As long as he is at guard he will do fine without contact.

Pruitt saying we aren’t anywhere close to deciding on a starting 5 doesn’t mean he’s discouraged about the line.

Spot on, I agree 100%. Yeah, Pruitt should just tell all the lineman except the 5 the coaching staff anticipates on being game one starters to quit making efforts to win a starting job....NOT!!! His quote is called 'motivation to all OLs to EARN a spot'!!! What an assinine article from A to Z!!! Of course, most of their articles are lacking in any insightful information!!! LOL

Spot on, I agree 100%. Yeah, Pruitt should just tell all the lineman except the 5 the coaching staff anticipates on being game one starters to quit making efforts to win a starting job....NOT!!! His quote is called 'motivation to all OLs to EARN a spot'!!! What an assinine article from A to Z!!! Of course, most of their articles are lacking in any insightful information!!! LOL

I think it is encouraging to hear Pruitt say he feels comfortable with 10 o linemen. If healthy and cleared to play, I hope Trey gets back in the trenches.

Reactions: VolsGrad1989
S

Shouldn't you be worried about losing all them players down there in Gainsville?
Being as I'm a Tennessee fan, not one bit. You'd be surprised how many Tennessee fans there are out there outside of knoxville. A lot of us even went there for school! :eek:

QBdied.gif

fumble.gif

Good gawd...that's depressing/embarrassing.

Reactions: FLVOL_79

VN Store

Back