CJP not as hyped about the O-line as he was.

No it doesn't. It also doesn't mean he's less optimistic. It simply means there is an on-going competition to see who the best 5 are. Where this writer got that he was less optimistic just because he has not named a starting 5 is a mystery.
WHEW! Glad I was wrong! And to think I thought our two horrible seasons in a row were only caused by having terrible QB's. Glad the o-line isn't going to be an issue!...

At least the experts aren't saying how elite our O-line is. Remember 2005? Guess this is a..good sign?

I think the O-Line will be improved a lot. Coach is just tempering expectations and keeping The team modest and humble. Nothing to see here

Pruitt saying we aren’t anywhere close to deciding on a starting 5 doesn’t mean he’s discouraged about the line.

To me this means there isn't a huge drop-off between best 5 OL and the next 4. I'm down with that.

And it means if you want to be a starter, you need to get better, faster than the other guys are. Competition is a good thing.

Well...that would make sense...since...NOBODY on this PLANET should be "hyped" about the Tennessee Vols Offensive Line...

Till they prove otherwise.

1*gr6ZA7LgPr2d37GBRBB12g.gif

QBdied.gif

2018-09-19-Tennessee-RB-tackled-in-backfield-against-3-man-line.gif

fumble.gif

2018-09-19-Tennessee-RB-tackles-in-backfield.gif
[/QUOTE
This has to stop

Well...that would make sense...since...NOBODY on this PLANET should be "hyped" about the Tennessee Vols Offensive Line...

Till they prove otherwise.

1*gr6ZA7LgPr2d37GBRBB12g.gif

QBdied.gif

2018-09-19-Tennessee-RB-tackled-in-backfield-against-3-man-line.gif

fumble.gif

2018-09-19-Tennessee-RB-tackles-in-backfield.gif
3 years of 100% inexcusable trash

I'm not reading much into it BUT I will say...

I don't expect our OL to be top echelon even in the SEC. But I'm really hoping they won't get absolutely manhandled every game. Like someone said above, it takes time to build an OL. Pruitt is doing a good job of getting the right guys here and changing their bodies.

WHEW! Glad I was wrong! And to think I thought our two horrible seasons in a row were only caused by having terrible QB's. Glad the o-line isn't going to be an issue!...

At least the experts aren't saying how elite our O-line is. Remember 2005? Guess this is a..good sign?
Clever. Dishonest... but clever.

VN Store

Back