CJH: "Staff In Place By Monday"

Hmm wonder who is still there...
“Some guys who were in the portal are still here. You had individual meetings with them and gave them comfort of who you are so those guys are back on campus and working out with us.”

Also... what’s does this mean...
“force people into third and long stuatinos”
thought it was a new menu item at the local Mexicano restaurant 😂

Stuatinx, you mean...

Seriously though, now I want Tortilla Soup or Menudo for lunch.

I didn't have a list or necessarily someone I wanted to be the next head coach and certainly never gave a thought to Josh Heupel. That being said so far he's saying the right things and hiring a DC and letting that person do his job is an A+ answer. Of course talk is cheap but I've got a feeling he may just get the job done. I know one thing, he'll do a hell of a lot better job than the good-for-nothing Gump that just got fired.

Whether or not he’s the long term solution, I’ll always like the guy no matter what.

I never liked Pruitt from the start.

Feel the exact same way. Pruitt was a moron from the get go, quintessential Beldar right out of the gate. Josh has quality attributes and blows the doors off da Beldar disaster!

He might not be up to the task but at least we won't have a bloody Alabama gump doosh-nozzle steering our ship. That alone is a major upgrade.

It sounds good let's hope it shows good. It is refreshing to know that him and the AD are working together. I look forward to seeing who is in the new staff and the changes that it will bring to the football team.

Reactions: T_Vol376
The more opportunities Josh has to share his vision for the program, the clearer our picture of what he's bringing. Of what he wants the team to look like, to be like.

Down at the roots, it's about his values, the values he wants to instill throughout the program. These seem to be the values he's pushing hardest: toughness ... smarts ... selflessness ... accountability ... family ... love ... pride in place (Tennessee) ... fierce competitors ... ownership.

It's a really good value set for a football team. And it's not all that different from the values of the United States Army, the values our soldiers have internalized. Here's how the two compare:

Army == Volunteers
-----------------------
Loyalty == family
Duty == accountability, fierce competitors
Respect == family, love
Selfless Service == selflessness
Honor == pride in place, ownership
Integrity == accountability
Personal Courage == toughness, fierce competitors

It's not a perfect match, but it's pretty darn close.

100% behind Josh in this.

Go Vols!
This is a nice comparison. However, seeing that acronym again reminds me of some pretty lame times lol. GBO

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Whether or not he’s the long term solution, I’ll always like the guy no matter what.

Me either. I THOUGHT that Country Jargon was an ACT; then found out that's who he is. I'm from as far back in the sticks as anyone; but I did learn a little ENGLISH along the way.

I honestly thought (for some reason?) that he went with what's his name to Louisville.
You sir are correct, and have earned an increasingly elusive like.
He went with Satterfield for a season only because Drinkowicz wouldn’t retain him. Rejoined after Drink departed after Mizzou. Huge motivation other than comfort level is the NC pension was almost vested.

I don't know CJH other than I have heard his name before. I have taken a wait and see attitude with every coach after Kiffin. As a fan I have zero impact on what happens on the hill.

I will say the thing that struck me with CJH came from his interview after his announcement. He answered every single question without hesitation. I got the impression that his answers were genuine because they were well thought out, zero coach speak, and no hesitation. Just down to earth answers. That showed me that he believes what he is selling. That is the kind of character that I would approve of if he were in my livingroom. He seems honest and genuine to the core.

Hopefully this all translates to winning football. There were some things about all of our coaches that I found positive, at least initially. GBO, I hope we have righted the ship. Good luck CJH, welcome to Tennessee.

Last edited:
Wait, the thread title says "in place by Monday," but the link says, "next Monday, we’ll be close to having our full time positions filled up"

Reactions: BruisedOrange
Just please don't get rid of Steele. We're paying him a lot of money and he's a good coach. He could probably convince Henry and Crouch to stay and get Big Kat back here.

Or Dooley or any coach that has had bama ties.
Hornblower was just a con man self promoter that sold the administration an empty bill of goods.

I will say the thing that struck me with CJH came from his interview after his announcement. He answered every single question without hesitation. I got the impression that his answers were genuine because they were well thought out, zero coach speak, and no hesitation.

Damn straight he did!

Hey, he might delve into coach speak at some point but he tackled those questions head on and stood up like a man! Helluva lot more than we can say with our prior gump moron doosh-nozzle. I'm so happy that POS is gone I'm tickling myself daily. Also improved my love life since wifey is such a die hard. Her libido lives and dies by Tennessee football. Thankfully for me it's been in HIGH GEAR....WEEEEE. RIDE EM COWBOY

Just please don't get rid of Steele. We're paying him a lot of money and he's a good coach. He could probably convince Henry and Crouch to stay and get Big Kat back here.
I don't understand this "we're paying him a lot of money" comment. He was making $2.5 million a year at Auburn. He's making WAY WAY less than an SEC DC would commonly make.

He's making $450,000 a year. That's not "a lot of money" for an SEC coach is it?

Reactions: bpalmer28

VN Store

Back