CJH says Henry To’o To’o never seriously considered rejoining vols

He’s a good player but IMO isn’t a game changer. He’ll get drafted for sure but I don’t expect much from him in the league. He was excellent his first year till Pruitt screwed him up.

Oh! I’m not denying that. You know if he did, he will have to pay all of that back and then will be suspended for some games.
Doubt it. He probably chose Bama partly because he knows he is untouchable there. NCAA doesn’t touch Alabama players and he factored that in

Reactions: gasguy98
Move on, who cares what he does. Let’s just beat them. (Alabama)

Doubt it. He probably chose Bama partly because he knows he is untouchable there. NCAA doesn’t touch Alabama players and he factored that in
It has been years that nothing has really happened to Bama. Surely, there is something out there on them. I’m sure there is something on them year after year. I don’t think it’s all clean, and there has to be more and more violation news on them, especially for ten years.

Quavaris Crouch may have been the bigger loss, though, most people didn't realize it at the time. He's doing quite well at Michigan State this year. I thought we had a good shot at keeping him, but not so much. I'm rooting for him at Mich State. Not so much for that guy that went to Bama.
If Michigan State were closer I’d go to some games in an orange Crouch jersey. Love that guy.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
Glad he wanted to be a part of one of the worse Bama teams of the last decade. Someone needs to send Saban some extra hair plugs before the season is over.

It has been years that nothing has really happened to Bama. Surely, there is something out there on them. I’m sure there is something on them year after year. I don’t think it’s all clean, and there has to be more and more violation news on them, especially for ten years.
NCAA is smart enough to know that you don’t knowingly hobble your own Golden goose if one wishes the Golden eggs to keep appearing on the breakfast table. As a result, Tennessee and the rest of the teams continue to play the role of the Kentucky Colonels to Bamas Globetrotters. Our role is only to give the Golden Boys an opponent every Saturday. If we come close to actually winning, we WILL be put back in our place and I mean SWIFTLY.

Reactions: JohnWardForever
This was the worst kept secret of the offseason. As soon as Pruitt got fired he was gone. He only came to UT for Pruitt and whatever else he was getting. Same with Crouch, Morris, Gray. It's like rats getting off a sinking ship. It still blows my mind that players can knowingly take extra benefits and just transfer consequence free. I get that guys who maybe don't come from the best economic situations feel pressured by their family, but there needs to be some accountability. And I think the program has benefited from them leaving. The locker room chemistry was a huge issue under Pruitt. It seems like it has gotten much better very quickly after those guys left. Not saying they weren't or aren't good players, but there was def something wrong going on in that locker room last season.
"Knowingly took extra benefits". If UT knows these guy took extra benefits, then it's best for the school they transferred.

He’s a good player but IMO isn’t a game changer. He’ll get drafted for sure but I don’t expect much from him in the league. He was excellent his first year till Pruitt screwed him up.

If he doesn't get bigger, and especially stronger, I am not sure he will get drafted.

As was mentioned, he still has problems getting off blocks from tight ends and bigger wide receivers. Bigger RBs drag him 3-4 yards regularly. He's listed on the Alabama roster at 228 lbs, which means he's probably 210-215 at most. I can only imagine what a Gronk or Kelce type TE would do to him both blocking and when HT tried to cover them. They're 3-4" taller, 30-40 lbs heavier, and still faster than him. Think about him squaring up in the hole against Derrick Henry.

But, he is playing for Alabama, which will help him greatly with his evaluation.

All that said, I agree with you that, in any case, he's not likely to make splash in the NFL.

Heupel says To'o To'o never seriously considered rejoining Vols
He was already gone when he arrived. I don’t think he even had a chance to convince him. He was transferring to Bama way before coach Hype came along. It’s alright, but he did shed some light on the subject. He is gone now, and it doesn’t matter, but at least we know a little with coach Hype!
Toto’s dad never considered a return to Tennessee.

I know I’ll get hate for this but it wasn’t a bad decision. At the time no one knew what Banks would give us as a DC, Bama has Saban and basically is the gateway to the league. I hate it but it is what it is.

Fact: Tennessee got caught or turned themselves for players getting paid someway, somehow

Fact: if you play with a player after knowledge that they have been paid, you can forfeit that game

Fact: if you are a player that took money to play for a team, you can be declared ineligible to play for that team

Maybe with the exception of Jahmir, the guys who would have been starters that bolted probably had no option to stay. We may never know the whole story. To say any these guys left out of loyalty to Pruitt is absolutely preposterous.

I'm happy with the guys we have and how they have come together.

Heupel says To'o To'o never seriously considered rejoining Vols
He was already gone when he arrived. I don’t think he even had a chance to convince him. He was transferring to Bama way before coach Hype came along. It’s alright, but he did shed some light on the subject. He is gone now, and it doesn’t matter, but at least we know a little with coach Hype!

I mean in terms of a business decision, it was right move for Henry T....... It sucks he went to Bama and he should catch hell but at this point in his career, his whole focus is getting to NFL.... Bama Linebackers have greater chance at that

If he doesn't get bigger, and especially stronger, I am not sure he will get drafted.

As was mentioned, he still has problems getting off blocks from tight ends and bigger wide receivers. Bigger RBs drag him 3-4 yards regularly. He's listed on the Alabama roster at 228 lbs, which means he's probably 210-215 at most. I can only imagine what a Gronk or Kelce type TE would do to him both blocking and when HT tried to cover them. They're 3-4" taller, 30-40 lbs heavier, and still faster than him. Think about him squaring up in the hole against Derrick Henry.

But, he is playing for Alabama, which will help him greatly with his evaluation.

All that said, I agree with you that, in any case, he's not likely to make splash in the NFL.
Excellent points. I forget that he’s somewhat undersized. Most NFL TEs would abuse him.
I watched him in a game a couple of weeks ago and wasn’t impressed.

Last edited:
Man I was out, living on my own on the other side of the country, working 2 jobs and volunteering when I was a 20 year old “kid”. We baby these “kids” like they can’t be grown adults. I’ll definitely say HT is gonna have some problems latter on in life with the helicopter dad he’s got. Just my opinion and also not my problem, but an opinion I’ve had for years at this point. The real problem is we treat kids like they’re never gonna grow up, and then we get confused when they stay children their whole entire lives. Honestly there’s more grown children, than there are adults, out in the world. An 18-21 year old isn’t a kid to me, because I wasn’t a kid then. And I know the only reason people stay kids at that age is how our society treats them. You don’t get the scene, that we got Saturday, with out a bunch of grown children in that stadium. And honestly that’s all I see in the world. A bunch of grown babies.
I couldn’t agree more.

I hope we hit at least 5 quick slants right behind him. Preferably one being the game winner at the buzzer, then offer him a cigar before yanking it back and offer him a 1 finger salute instead.

Geeze dude he’s a 20 year old kid.

He wanted to run with the big dogs and that comes with criticism and scrutiny.

Had a buddy at UT that had multiple P5 offers to play WR but didn’t want that life so chose to walk away from the game. He went to UT b/c we were a school that didn’t recruit him. He just wanted to be a normal college kid.

Story time:
We convinced him to play on our dorm floor’s flag football team when a guy got injured. He was a cheat code. Destroyed 2 teams before we got suspended. 3rd game my buddy already had 2 TDs against a frat team when they decided to play dirty. He jumped to catch a deep ball when 2 frat guys tackled him to the ground. He caught it with one hand while going down. Officials were blowing whistles and he just stared down the frat guys on the sideline and pointed at them. That caused them to run on the field so we ran up there to protect our guy. Lot of pushing, shoving, and cursing but no punches thrown. Both teams still got suspended.

"Knowingly took extra benefits". If UT knows these guy took extra benefits, then it's best for the school they transferred.

I'm saying that the player knowingly took benefits when the signed a letter of intent to play here. The UT admin was likely in the dark about it unless they're complete morons. Which, is a possibility given their track record.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
He's one of the biggest traitors in the history of our team. Bit to mention he was overrated as hell and missed just as many tackles as he made. Hope he tears something, even if it's just his jersey.

Reactions: TJVol95

VN Store

Back