CJH Ranks 33rd in CBS P5 HC Poll

We continue to beat up on UK. Yet for some reason Heupel isn’t better than Stoops 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

It's not really fair either that Heupel just has one season. Stoops has beaten Florida twice and LSU. Penn State.

Overall I would rank Stoops above him. He's a good coach and UK is a consistent winner over the past 9 years.
Now in 2 more years, i think that will decidedly switch.

It's not really fair either that Heupel just has one season. Stoops has beaten Florida twice and LSU. Penn State.

Overall I would rank Stoops above him. He's a good coach and UK is a consistent winner over the past 9 years.
Now in 2 more years, i think that will decidedly switch.

Stoops had a losing record to Butch and lost to Pruitt.

I’m beginning to think he’s a good coach but not against Tennessee. Probably why he takes shots at us any chance he gets.

Stoops had a losing record to Butch and lost to Pruitt.

I’m beginning to think he’s a good coach but not against Tennessee. Probably why he takes shots at us any chance he gets.
Funny, I saw an article saying UK was a dark horse to make the CFP. 😂😂

Funny, I saw an article saying UK was a dark horse to make the CFP. 😂😂
If they could ever get past us...
Maybe!

Talent level there is higher than it's ever been.

They're not a particularly exciting team to watch like the UK of the 1990s- 2007 were, but they play sound football.

We continue to beat up on UK. Yet for some reason Heupel isn’t better than Stoops 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
Stoops has had a pair of 10 win seasons at a really tough place to win in football. These rankings aren’t solely determined by head to head. Butch Jones never lost to Steve Spurrier and no one in their right mind would argue Butch is better. I personally wouldn’t trade Heupel for Stoops but right now, Stoops should be ahead by default based on experience - 9 years as a P5 HC vs 1 year.

Reactions: njvols
Not too worried about rankings for CJH after one season at UT. Let's see where he ranks after he's had 5 successful years coaching the Vols. As a fan I'm happy what he did with last years team considering all the turmoil that surrounded the program.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
This article is stupid IMO. Several coaches ranked above CJH that haven’t proved anything (looking at you Gators, Gamecocks, Tigers). We’ll just see when our team takes the field… until then, GBO!

Reactions: tbwhhs
I remember people being indignant that Pruitt/Butch/Dooley weren't ranked higher. If Heupel deserves to be ranked higher he'll move up in due time. He jumped like 20 spots from last year. No one should feel that cheated.

Reactions: 08Vol
No parameter Puff stories. This is just another person earning a paycheck for a puff piece. If you can't Define why you rank them then you don't need to be ranking them

I should just let it go but I can't! This writer poll that puts our coach be the 33rd best coach out there is just unbelievable. I understand there are a lot of coaches and they have all got to be ranked. But if you were the man, and had to find a coach for your program, and you were a top drawer program with all the money and resources in the world, where would you start. If you took all of the best coaches and had to take one of them, how many do you think you would look at? Narrow that list of the best current coaches down to only FIVE. If you don't think Josh H belongs in the top five, you aren't smart as our current AD! We've got a top five NATIONALLY ranked coach no matter what any poll says! He'll prove me right this year!

VN Store

Back