CJH Ranked Top 3 Coach Among 130FBS Coaches

Wish the summer doldrums would hurry up and pass. Some of the threads and the postings are really getting more ridiculous as the heat sets in!

I think Saban is a great organizer in college ball. When he was at Miami Dolphins and they just drafted players in order yearly. He was record-wise mediocre. Where in college football where your fan base/donors can under the table buy the best players without a pecking order then the rich just keep getting richer. I see his records at Miami Dolphins and Michigan State a basketball school about what he is as a coach but he's an exceptional CEO that can use all the advantages to his favor once he got in the hotbed of college football.

Wow please tell me you are joking with this.
Not joking at all. Compare his record at LSU and Bama where he's had the talent advantage all but one or maybe two years, and most years by a very wide margin, with his record at MSU and Miami Dolfins where he didn't.

Fulmer was the same. Had the talent advantage almost every year.

Last edited:
Anyone remember the good ole days when we worried Dooley was going to Georgia after his first year, Butch to Michigan (or wherever it was) and Pruitt to Bama when Saban retired?

I miss those orange cool aid/orange glasses days too.

P.S. Where is the over under that CJH is going if we start out 3-0 this year?

Reactions: VolForLife83
If CJH can become even more creative on offense and the defense comes around Tennessee could push Alabama in a few years.
Look at Lane Kiffin’s game last season against Bama. 63-48 final with it 42-35 Bama going into the 4th quarter.

The starting roster talent wasn’t even near on the same level…OLE MISS class rankings 2016 #5, 2017 #31, 2018 #32, 2019 #22. Yet the coaching and play calling put them in a position to play beyond the talent gap.

Sort of like Heupel/UCF vs Orgeron/LSU…he put up 32 points in 15 minutes time of possession to lose by 8. That LSU roster went on to win it all the following season.

VN Store

Back