CJH > Kiffin

I know Kiffen has a lot of people who believe in him, but I never really did. I always thought he was a bit of a fraud.

CJH on the other hand seems to be the real McCoy. I don't know if the Vols can match up with Ole Miss, but I sure would love to see CJH get the best of Kiffen. That would be icing on the cake.

Go Vols!
We will see if this rings true Saturday. If Heupel beats Kiffin, his rating among fans will instantly go up.

He took a pay cut bc his ass got canned
No, he took a lower job when he got fired at SC. Then he worked his way to be one of the very few 1.4+million/yr salary coordinators. He didn't get fired when he took a pay cut from 1.4m a year to under 1 mil. He accepted the FAU head gig. He worked his way back up to a head coach and now a SEC head gig.

Last edited:
That’s the original point that apparently sent you off the rails so just move on with your weird man crush.
No, my original point was he keeps getting good jobs which you said he didn't. I never ranked which one is better, just that he keeps getting good jobs. In your mind he's not a top 25 coach, but yet he makes the money to be a top 20 coach. Which is a great job tbh.

It shows that Spurrier, despite clearly being a better coach than Fulmer, has a comparable winning percentage because he had to build three programs (none of which had historically been relevant) whereas Phil walked into a program that had won the conference recently.

Way to chase that red herring…

No, my original point was he keeps getting good jobs which you said he didn't. I never ranked which one is better, just that he keeps getting good jobs. In your mind he's not a top 25 coach, but yet he makes the money to be a top 20 coach. Which is a great job tbh.
I never said he’s not a top 25 coach. He probably is somewhere in that 15-25 range. He’s not top 10. You said he keeps getting good jobs but I don’t think any of them are better than what he had or even close really. He was one of the top coordinators but for a guy who wanted to be a HC that’s not even as good as being HC at Fla Atlantic. Surely you aren’t arguing that’s a good job, not relative to the other HC gigs in the country. Ole Miss isn’t a bad job but it’s a lower-mid SEC job. It’s definitely below UGA, UF, Bama, Auburn, LSU, A&M, and I’d say UT as well. It’s bunched together with MSU, USC, UK, Arkansas, and Mizzou. It just so happens they decided to pay a little more to try and win as they think Lane can win more than they are used to at Ole Miss. But $4.5M is about middle of the pack in the SEC. Yes it’s good money but Ole Miss has a rival school in state, isn’t in a fertile recruiting ground, and is in the West competing against programs that are all about equal to or better than them. Ole Miss isn’t a bad job but you’re acting like Lane has been getting these great gigs since getting fired from USC and that just isn’t the case. He’s working his way back up but he has to succeed at Ole Miss if he wants to get one of the better jobs in the country.

I didn’t feel the need to link the entire yahoo article, as that was the only mention of his salary.
And I’m sorry, but I did try to warn you.
Thanks for letting me know that my benign post on a coach’s salary triggered you to go on a Google hunt to find an article that indicated a lower number.

Glad to do it. Buzzing you Kiffin boys is kinda my hobby.
As he is not currently UT’s coach and is unlike to ever be in that role again, I wouldn’t care if Kiffin died tomorrow. You’ll still be rewriting history years from now to make him appear worse than he is.

I don't think Kiffin is a fraud but I do think Heupel is just as good. LK definitely has a better QB to work with this season but ours is coming along nicely as well

Most people would rank Bama's QB ahead of A&M's...that's why we play the game.

Kiffin has had one good year at USC (maybe 2 if you get excited by 8-5 seasons) and two good years in Conference USA. I will never understand how people think this very modest success justifies the baggage he hauls around with him.

Heupel has beaten Kiffin two times already - hopefully he makes it three on Saturday.

Reactions: Fightmaker
The only concern I have in the Ole Miss game is Corral is a good running QB. He’s the last team we play this year with that. Their D is worse than USCe, but their running game could give us trouble. We have a lot of injuries as well, so will be a fun game.

The only concern I have in the Ole Miss game is Corral is a good running QB. He’s the last team we play this year with that. Their D is worse than USCe, but their running game could give us trouble. We have a lot of injuries as well, so will be a fun game.
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if they have any significant players out?

I don't think Kiffin is a fraud but I do think Heupel is just as good. LK definitely has a better QB to work with this season but ours is coming along nicely as well

Don’t forget Kiffin got Crompton drafted.

I feel like it's way too early to be saying much. I mean, if we go and get blown out by Kentucky everyone here will be calling for Heupel to be fired lol. Let's just wait and see how things stand after a couple seasons.

VN Store

Back