CJ Leak 6th year?

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
from GoVols.com

Hardship Year: Although Tennessee cannot begin processing a formal appeal for a sixth year of eligibility for C.J. until after Saturday's game with Kentucky, Curtis Leak said he has been told by UT officials that a favorable NCAA ruling on C.J. is nearly a certainty. That means C.J. will be back for the 2004 season.

The key document in the appeal is a letter dated December 2000, which the Leaks have from the Atlantic Coast Conference. That letter grants C.J. a hardship waiver for the season he suffered a knee injury in the third game when he played at Wake Forest. He then used his redshirt season to transfer to Tennessee, sitting out per NCAA transfer rules

I hope C.J. DOES come back and reaches his maximum potential. Wouldn't sportswriters have a field day with C.J. vs Chris in the UT/UF game? From all the reports I've heard, C.J is a class act and a team player. If anybody would know how to beat his brother, it would probably be him.

I remember being worried about my Vols after Peyton Manning left. I wondered HOW we would ever recover from losing him, just like I am worried about losing Casey. Well, we all KNOW how the '98 team did. Here's to hoping history repeats itself!! GO VOLS!! GO C.J.!!

I would like to see CJ step up and win that job. He seems like a good kid that deserves a shot.

VN Store

Back