CJ Fayton

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I thought he was considered slow as far as our WR's go. I am watching the Cotton Bowl and he sure didn't have any trouble ripping through the A&M secondary on that first TD.

Isn't it great to have so many great wideouts to choose from?

We have, top to bottom, the best receiving corps I can ever recall.

We've had teams with maybe a better pair of receivers, but never a team with such great depth at the position.

No one can double team us this year without paying the price. Which receiver would you even collapse on? They're all so good that there's very little separation.

It's gonna be an exciting year.

Originally posted by OldVol@Aug 13, 2005 11:13 AM
We have, top to bottom, the best receiving corps I can ever recall.

We've had teams with maybe a better pair of receivers, but never a team with such great depth at the position.
[snapback]126117[/snapback]​

I totally agree. This is the best reciever corps we've ever had top to bottom. The only other one that comes close imo is the 89 team with Woods, Morgan, Cleveland, Harper, and some freshman named Carl Pickens :D

Originally posted by vol100@Aug 13, 2005 11:08 AM
I think he has the best hand in the group. Maybe the next Copeland or Faulkner?
[snapback]126115[/snapback]​

He dropped about 3 balls in the ND game last year that were crucial plays.

Originally posted by Jmxvol@Aug 13, 2005 12:30 PM
He dropped about 3 balls in the ND game last year that were crucial plays.
[snapback]126123[/snapback]​

In contrast to that see 05' Auburn, S.C., Ky, and Vandy Also Bama 04
Never siad he was perfect.

Originally posted by vol100@Aug 13, 2005 12:08 PM
I think he has the best hand in the group. Maybe the next Copeland or Faulkner?
[snapback]126115[/snapback]​

:blink: Hate to break it to ya, but Fayton doesn't have the best hands...Smith maybe, but CJ has dropped a lot of passes.

CJ was on the receiving end of 4th and 19 in Tuscaloosa.

In contrast, he also dropped a pass that was about a 10 yard in, and all he had to do was turn around and take off to the end zone against Notre Dame.

Maybe in my orange blindness, I ran into a brick wall. I'm obviously only remembering the sucessful attributes of Mr. Fayton. (As my mind usually goes into a state of numbness and blind rage after any mistake, drop, fumble, etc.) I stand corected. I'll only add,in my undying loyalty to all things Orange, I hope he becomes apossesion reciever of that caliber. :bow:

Originally posted by vol_freak@Aug 13, 2005 8:57 AM
I thought he was considered slow as far as our WR's go. I am watching the Cotton Bowl and he sure didn't have any trouble ripping through the A&M secondary on that first TD.
[snapback]126111[/snapback]​

Ripping through the A&M secondary is not that difficult... We could have been nice and put some o-linemen as wideouts just to even up the odds a bit.

Don't yall think we are over-rating our recivers alittle bit. I mean come on only one of them had a 100 yard reciving game all of last year. They aren't doing very good in practice so far and I am afraid they may be weaker than we expected.

Originally posted by vols2345@Aug 13, 2005 1:49 PM
Don't yall think we are over-rating our recivers alittle bit.  I mean come on only one of them had a 100 yard reciving game all of last year.  They aren't doing very good in practice so far and I am afraid they may be weaker than we expected.
[snapback]126155[/snapback]​

only one got a 100 yd game because we spread the ball out to all the WRs.

Originally posted by allvol@15@Aug 13, 2005 3:05 PM
only one got a 100 yd game because we spread the ball out to all the WRs.
[snapback]126184[/snapback]​

Yeah but what I am saying is that our Recivers were not that good last year. Meachem Never really played like everyone thought he would and our recivers had ALOT of dropped balls. It seems the same trend is happening now with Meachem not playing in practice like everyone thought he would and all our recivers dropping alot of balls.

I also noticed when watching this replay that the announcer LOVED Meachem. He talked about how great he was the whole game it seemed like.

VN Store

Back