Civil Unrest in France

So you are saying someone that will be 62 in a few months will now have to work to 64?
Close enough and many will be declassified immediately from the 62yo threshold. This was done by president order not they legislation. Most French oppose the change

Close enough and many will be declassified immediately from the 62yo threshold. This was done by president order not they legislation. Most French oppose the change

On 26 October 2022, Macron announced in a televised interview that pension reform scheduled for 2023 intended to raise the retirement age to 65, specifically that the minimum retirement age to be able to receive a full pension would be "gradually increased" from 62 to 65 by 2031, by three months per year from September ...

On 26 October 2022, Macron announced in a televised interview that pension reform scheduled for 2023 intended to raise the retirement age to 65, specifically that the minimum retirement age to be able to receive a full pension would be "gradually increased" from 62 to 65 by 2031, by three months per year from September ...
congrats on finally taking some initiative.

Look into what is happening. You also aren't addressing the reclass done for qualifying jobs

congrats on finally taking some initiative.

Look into what is happening. You also aren't addressing the reclass done for qualifying jobs

Close enough is not 8 years, but Yea..I am sure you knew it off the top of your head. You are one arrogant person

Reactions: Vol since 77
Close enough is not 8 years, but Yea..I am sure you knew it off the top of your head. You are one arrogant person
Even the basics of your info is outdated. The age goes to 64 on an accelerated timeline while others get reclassified. It's not arrogant to have actually read something before spouting off. I don't have all the answers but I do know I can open Google on a tab right next to VN

So they have the same problem most countries do at this point. Their population is ageing and there aren't enough young people producing to support those ageing out. Factor in world wide inflation and this is the result.

Reactions: norrislakevol
That is the media narrative. If you add enough drops of water, you will eventually fill up a bucket. This has been gradually building up for years... even before the yellow vest protests.

Yet the gov keeps surviving confidence votes just like Newsom. BS

Have any of y'all logged in on the social security website lately? It's been there for a while, but there is a pdf that readily admits you might get 78% of your benefit after 2034. So it's likely already an account loser for those of us not retiring in the next 11 years. Paid "x" over my life but only receiving a portion of "x" back.

1680362326474.png

https://www.ssa.gov/people/materials/pdfs/EN-05-10229.pdf

VN Store

Back