Cincy game now on tv?

It doesn’t show up on the SEC ALT channel guide on Comcast right now, but that doesn’t prove anything,

I assume John Wilkerson is doing the play by play call for this game since Kesling has to be in Nashville for the football game.
He usually does, Bob is better at basketball, but Wilkerson is better, imo. I know when Grant was still here, I think he did the NC St and maybe Villanova game in that early Tourney

Reactions: PandamoniumReigns
I assume John Wilkerson is doing the play by play call for this game since Kesling has to be in Nashville for the football game.

Damn that’s going to be really hard for John Wilkerson to be starting at the 5 and doing the play by play!

For those that missed it Bob announced John Wilkerson in the stating 5 on Tuesday

He usually does, Bob is better at basketball, but Wilkerson is better, imo. I know when Grant was still here, I think he did the NC St and maybe Villanova game in that early Tourney
He might be better at basketball, but still woeful. I would rather listen to Roseann Barr sing the national anthem again than hear Bob broadcast anything.

He might be better at basketball, but still woeful. I would rather listen to Roseann Barr sing the national anthem again than hear Bob broadcast anything.
Well, not woeful, imo, still, I think Wilkerson does a great job when he does basketball play by play

Well, not woeful, imo, still, I think Wilkerson does a great job when he does basketball play by play
I like Wilkerson, but growing up with Ward spoiled me for anyone that might come along later. I think Kesling was in the right place at the right time, and he makes boatloads of mistakes with diction, pronunciations, and perceptions among other things.

Last edited:
I like Wilkerson, but growing up with Ward spoiled me for anyone that might come along later. I think Kesling was in the right place at the right time, and he makes boatloads ads of mistakes with diction, pronunciations, and perceptions among other things.
Yes, growing up with Ward spoiled me and really all of us. He was so good, and most of the games were on radio, only, especially basketball in the 80s. I love listening to any sport on the radio, because of Ward, nostalgia, maybe. Baseball is really good on the radio, even tho I never heard Ward do it, maybe I shoulda been born in the 50's or 60's with my love for radio

I like Wilkerson, but growing up with Ward spoiled me for anyone that might come along later. I think Kesling was in the right place at the right time, and he makes boatloads of mistakes with diction, pronunciations, and perceptions among other things.
Let's call a spade a spade. Bob blows. If I sucked at my job even half as bad as he sucks at his, I'd be fired ten times over. I certainly wouldn't have 22+ years of sucktitude.
Ward was one of a kind. I miss his calls. Yes, Bumbling Bob followed a legend, but even if Bob followed Gilbert Godfrey he would still suck at his job.
I'm fairly confident Stevie Wonder could do a better, more accurate job at calling the game.

Reactions: Manning Up
Let's call a spade a spade. Bob blows. If I sucked at my job even half as bad as he sucks at his, I'd be fired ten times over. I certainly wouldn't have 22+ years of sucktitude.
Ward was one of a kind. I miss his calls. Yes, Bumbling Bob followed a legend, but even if Bob followed Gilbert Godfrey he would still suck at his job.
I'm fairly confident Stevie Wonder could do a better, more accurate job at calling the game.
Bob isnt bad at basketball.

Bob isnt bad at basketball.
He announced John Wilkerson in the starting lineup.

Remember Juaun Lofton? Bob made him up too. The list can go on. When in doubt, just make up a name apparently.

He's slow to call the play. You will hear the crowd roaring in the back but have to wait several seconds for Bumbles to catch up. Want to know how much time is left in the game? Good luck.

He may not be bad at basketball, but he certainly isn't good. He's better at basketball than he is at football, I'll give him that. But that's like saying I'm better at delivering babies than I am at heart surgery. But you don't want me doing any either one

I'm with you 1000% on that! It's like fingers on a chalkboard over and over.

As of this morning, the game is shown as being on SECN+. At least it's listed in the on-screen programming guide.

VN Store

Back