Christmas in Memphis

Zags board give props toVols. Memphis board give poop to Vols.

Those fans on Memphistigers.org do nothing but loathe the regional SEC schools and beg for relevancy. It’ll be be interesting to see if Penny ball is still AAU ball like the Pastner teams. He surrounded himself with good assistants, and I’m sure he’s smart enough to know that talent doesn’t win alone at the college level like he had at the high school level. He’s also scheming against real coaches now, and not high school teachers. I like Penny. I only hope Memphis fans are patient. He’s not going to bring instant success, probably not even next season. They’ll be a top 25 team, but not top 10 like they think. He has to grow.

Last edited:
Reactions: jdogvol
This is a terrible matchup for memphis. Our big men will give them trouble the entire game. I dont expect this to be close. Memphis is outsized and doesn't have near the talent TN has. Vols by 15

Those fans on Memphistigers.org do nothing but loathe the superior regional SEC schools and beg for relevancy. It’ll be be interesting to see if Penny ball is still AAU ball like the Pastner teams. He surrounded himself with good assistants, and I’m sure he’s smart enough to know that talent doesn’t win alone at the college level like he had at the high school level. He’s also scheming against real coaches now, and not high school teachers. I like Penny. I only hope Memphis fans are patient. He’s not going to bring instant success, probably not even next season. They’ll be a top 25 team, but not top 10 like they think. He has to grow.
Top 25 next season? You think?

This is a terrible matchup for memphis. Our big men will give them trouble the entire game. I dont expect this to be close. Memphis is outsized and doesn't have near the talent TN has. Vols by 15
Yeah it’s a bad matchup. Going to be a beatdown

Reactions: pattiycake
Y'all be safe on the trip in to Mempho, I'm ready right now for the game! GBO

Those fans on Memphistigers.org do nothing but loathe the regional SEC schools and beg for relevancy. It’ll be be interesting to see if Penny ball is still AAU ball like the Pastner teams. He surrounded himself with good assistants, and I’m sure he’s smart enough to know that talent doesn’t win alone at the college level like he had at the high school level. He’s also scheming against real coaches now, and not high school teachers. I like Penny. I only hope Memphis fans are patient. He’s not going to bring instant success, probably not even next season. They’ll be a top 25 team, but not top 10 like they think. He has to grow.

if you think we hate UT, you should see em when we play Mississippi lol

as for Memphis' style of play they rely on one-on-one match ups, lots of scoring, lots of isolation and spot-up shots. Essentially it's an NBA style of play that tells me Penny is letting NBA COY Sam Mitchell handle a lot of the Xs and Os. That isn't a bad thing for a new coach.

I also agree that we just don't have the front court talent to hang with UT. That should change next season with Wiseman and Jeffries.

Reactions: ATC_VOL

VN Store

Back