Chris Rumph leaving for the Houston Texans

Irrelevant no matter how many times you repeat it Slingblade. Try 1-1 including last year’s beat down with the Vols trending up and South Carolina trending down. And the records and recruiting rankings support that. Not to mention, way to gloss over the Cocks getting Rocker to take the job simply because Tennessee asked him to take a reduced role. But don’t let facts get in the way of your take Carl
Yeah 8-7 over one of our worst periods is not something to write home about.

Yess! I have had that same thought. With the talent we currently have at the OL position's, I would think we would be very attractive to a great, well respected OL Coach.
We already have a great, well respected offensive line coach, we have no need of a second one. Unless CJP wants a second and I doubt that he does.

If you don't see how South Carolina is a step down, simply would be a waste of breath even trying to explain it to you.
Booms time is winding down. Think 2012 for Dooley. Going to have trouble finding in demand assistants.

I don't think the ones that have left are the best recruiters on staff. They can easily be replaced.

Coaches jumping off like rats on a sinking ship. What’s going on here?

1. Marginal to bad coach in last year(s) of contract: See Butch and Muschamp.
2. Coaches not getting it done or being replaced by better coaches
3. Retirements
4. Discipline/violations/breaking law.
5. Coaches heading to HCs/areas they are more familiar with. (Johnson to Norvell)
6. Coaches heading to Alma Maters.
7. Proven coaches are given opportunities elsewhere (Rumph, Sherrer).

Thankfully we are not replacing coaches due to #1, 2 or 4.

I hate to tell ya. But, we are the only school in the nation to have staff turnover so far. Weird how top teams never have this happen!
img_2674.jpg

When is the last time bama kept both OC and DC for two seasons straight?
Even LSU, Aub, Ga and FL have had OC/DC turnover and that doesn't even count the position coaches.
Bama lost 6 or 7 coaches last year.

I must have missed Rocker leaving!

Me too.

So this might be a summation of changes made this off-season:

RB Johnson to FSU, Graham to replace
ILB Sherrer to Giants, Nieds to replace
OLB Rumph to Texans, Shelton Felton to replace
TE Osovet to replace Nieds
DL Rocker to SCAR, Jimmy Brumbaugh to replace
Director of Football Operations: Huges to SCAR, Warsaw from MSSt to replace
Off Field Analyst: Chip Long, evidently not replacing anyone or maybe replacing Osovet

Report: Tennessee ‘planning to hire’ former Mississippi State staffer

That was fast: Tennessee reportedly hires Colorado defensive line coach Jimmy Brumbaugh

Pruitt Reportedly Hires New D-Line Coach | Rocky Top Insider

Report: Jeremy Pruitt bringing back former Tennessee assistant Shelton Felton to complete 2020 defensive staff

Second Vol Assistant Reportedly Leaves UT for NFL | Rocky Top Insider

Never? It's hard to take this seriously when words always, and never are used. I think LSU had some turnover, are they considered a top team?

Satire: It wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

Coaches jumping off like rats on a sinking ship. What’s going on here?
Chris Rumph just got hired to coach my Chicago Bears DLine. Crazy to see how many people were giving this guy a hard time in this thread.... also crazy how times change and peoples opinions change once you get a little peak behind the curtain.

VN Store

Back